4 Layered Web Application for Inserting data into a database using sql server as the back end and a web form as the front end using C#

4 Layered Web Application for Inserting data into a database using sql server as the back end and a web form as the front end using C# .

Can someone provide with code as I am new to this architecture and framework.

Better send email.

Thanks In Advance,

A New Bie

0
mjmrifai

I suggest taking a look at the Time Tracker Starter Kit (v1.x or x2.0)
or the Issue Tracker Starter Kit (v1.x).  Full source code is
available.  Click on the Downloads tab above to find them.  These are not exactly what you are looking for, but perhaps they will help you get started.

Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

help
This is my first project and I am badly in need of help. I have made a custom form and do not want to use a detailsview to insert data so I made a web form. I am not able to connect and insert. Here is my connection in web.config. <connectionStrings> <add name="PMRConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=CHSSQL3;Initial Catalog=PMR;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> </connectionStrings>  The following code is my default.aspx source code. Do I put the connection under the insertbutton? What code would I use for the connection? ...

how do i insert data into sql server using data from textboxes and sql connection and sql command
anyone can give me a simple explaination and code.. Thanx in advance Take a look @ Sample Code: How to add...Sushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb There are a lot of tutorials out there, but I know they can be a bit confusing as they all approach things slightly differently. Basically a nice simple version would go like this:' *** First set up your connectionDim conConnection As New SqlConnection("server=servername;database=yourdatabase;uid=yourname;pwd=yourpassword;")' *** This line takes care of your sommand text and command connection in one ...

Can't insert new data to sql using sqldatasource.insert, web forms and a master page
Hello, I'm new to the forum and new to SQL, ASP.NET, etc.  I am creating an intranet site for my company in VS 2005 and have run into a very annoying problem that I can't seem to solve.  I have tried Googling it and came up empty.  I have a database in SQL Express 2005 and my website will be accessing several tables within the database.  I can retrieve info just fine and I can update, delete, etc just fine using gridview or other prebuilt tools, but when I add a few text boxes and wire a button to the SqlDataSource.Insert() command, I get a new record that is full...

Deploying an application with SQL express to web host using SQL server 2005?
I currently have developed an application using VWD express 2008 and SQL server express 2005 on my local XP pro machine. I am using the built in user validation database/controls (ASPNETDB.mdf) and also using a database to hold the information relevant to the application (in this case, a comic book tracking database) I signed up for a cheap web server to host it on so I can access my collection when away from home. I am using the GoDaddy deluxe hosting plan (windows server, asp.net 2.0/3.0/3.5, 2 MS SQL databases) I am wondering how I can transfer my existing databases that are using the e...

Discrepancies in data type when using Access as front end to SQL database
I know I must be doing something wrong but.. I'm working with Windows NT, SQL7, PowerDesigner 7.5, Microsoft Access 7. From Powerdesigner (physical model) I use the Generate Database with ODBC selected. I then view the ensuing database with Microsoft Access 7 using the linked tables. I see in the design view that all the double precision fields in one of my tables were switched to single. This problem only occurs on one table, all the others are OK. The SQL generation script is fine and shows the fields as being double precision. There must be a setting that I'm not...

how to end a .exe application in web application using c#
i'm currently working out with a project which require to run a .exe application in a web application.but the problem is once i run the .exe application and i click the "X" button to close it, it will still appear in task manager processes.anyone have an idea of how to end the application in both window and  task manager too?thanks for your helping.. Hi, kill the process,  process.stop() Hope it helps Stoian Bucovich www.snb-bg.com   =================================================== Please  don't forget to mark as "Answered". Thanks...

Writing a Web Application that can use any database. i.e. Access, SQL Server, Oracle
Hello, I am in the beginning phase of converting a large ASP web application to ASP.NET and would like to do it as right the first time, which brings me to the following questions. I was reading the SqlDataSource control would work for any database product for which there is a managed ADO.NET provider.  I have never been a fan of data controls and would prefer to dynamically code the SqlDataSource. Our current system uses an Access database. We have talked about migrating to SQL Server but at this time the decision has been made to continue to use the Access database.&nbs...

Is there any way to insert picture to image datatype in sql server 2000 without using front end
Sir,  Is there any way to insert picture to image datatype in sql server 2000 without using front end. If so please let me know.  Thanks in Advance,Arun.  Hi, Is there any way to insert picture to image datatype in sql server 2000 without using front end From your description, I’m not sure what does the front end mean in your question? But I guess that you want to save your images into SqlServer without “choosing the filepath, clicking the save button”, right? If so, I think there’s no difference between the way you save the image with front end. Just assign t...

Using Web Form Text Field info to focus SQL Server Reporting Services data
I have an SQL Server 2000 table with Client data, and I am using SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services to give Users an option to View/Print  a Report for a specific Client using a Link Button Control on a Web Form, based on a Social Security Number (entered on the Web Form) -    Private Sub lnkbtnClientReport_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles lnkbtnClientReport.Click Response.Redirect(http://scorpio/ReportServer?%2fReport+Project2%2fReport1&rs:Command=Render) End Sub My question is how can run the query be run in SQL Reportin...

using my sql server express 2005 database on my web server
Hello, I appologie for asking what is possibly  very simple question, but here goes. I have been trying for a while to upload one of my database projects that I have created in Visual web developer to my web host. However every time I try and run the remote version I get the following error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Loca...

creating a databound form using c# and SQL SERVER 2005 express and Visual Web developer 2008
Hi to all the forum members!, I took on a project to implement an order form using textboxes, to collect a multiline/singleline input of text however in my case, the form has to also calculate numeric values, as well as add them and give a total, so let me illustrate, txtbox1 collects singleline text(non numeric data), txtbox2(quantity) collects singleline numeric data, multiplies it by txtbox3 (price), totals that by txtbox4(subtotal). I am using Visual web developer, language c#, I have written a stored procedure to take the input from the text boxes and insert them into a databa...

What is the best way to insert data into sql server with data from large web form?
Hi, I realized that this question was probably asked before but I could not find the answer doing the search thing.  So here is the scenario.  I have a page that has roughly about 350 form fields consisting of textboxes, radio buttons, drop down list boxes, and checkboxes controls. These fields are separated by sections and are inside panels.  My current steps are like this.  I pass a submitid and the panel to a sub that loops through the panel and find any server controls that is a textbox, radio button, drop down list box, or checkbox.  Grab the id and the val...

Problem datetime when transferring local SQL Server to Web Hosting SQL Server using XML Webservice
Dear all, We have recently integrated our internal timetracking (TT) system (Windows forms based )so that it can retrieve info from our (web based) bug tracking (BT) system. The BTS SQL Server is hosted in the USA on a shared server, the TT SQL server is stationed at our office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. During development we tested the XML webservice that handles the actual datatransfer between the two systems and everything works fine. After deployment of the XML webservice to the live environment (hosted service in USA) problems showed up: DateTime values arrive malformed. Examples:...

Web resources about - 4 Layered Web Application for Inserting data into a database using sql server as the back end and a web form as the front end using C# - asp.net.sql-datasource

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
According to LEDinside, LED makers had an especially tough year in 2015. "Despite rising LED lighting market demand and the large scale replacement ...