.NET 1.1 running on SQL Server 2005

Hi, I am migrating my client's site from SQL 2k to 2005. The site was built on .NET 1.1

In order to run SQL 2005, do we need to upgrade to .NET 2.0 in order to run the site?

If we do need to upgrade to .net 2.0, is there any way to get around the problem and run it on .NET 1.1. This is because we have a lot of 3rd party componenet which only support .NET 1.1

Thanks in advance.

Paul

0
iamgq

No.
0
Motley
3/22/2006 3:29:31 PM
You would need the 2.0 framework for sure. I think the SQL 2005 installation wizard would detect and install the framework for you.You dont need to upgrade your application to VS 2005, however.
***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar

.NET 1.1 and SQL Server 2005
Hi, I am migrating my client's site from SQL 2k to 2005. The site was built on .NET 1.1 In order to run SQL 2005, do we need to upgrade to .NET 2.0 in order to run the site? If we do need to upgrade to .net 2.0, is there any way to get around the problem and run it on .NET 1.1. This is because we have a lot of 3rd party componenet which only support .NET 1.1 Thanks in advance. Paul...

.net 1.1 and SQL Server 2005 #2
Hi,I run .net 1.1, VS2003 with SQL Server Enterprise Manager v 8.0 on my home XP Pro machine.I have recently purchased some hosting with SQL Server 2005 capabilities.  I was in a real rush but I should have checked I suppose.I would love to be able to use my Enterprise Manager but obviously that wont work as it isnt compatible with 2005. It would be preferable not to have to use the web based admin and I have been told I have to install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express, which requires .net 2.0 to be installed. It seems a bit of a mess really.Can anyone enlighten me as to w...

Can .net 1.1 work with SQL SERVER 2005 ?
 What should I do if I want my asp.net 1.1 work with sql server 2005I get wrong message : SQL Server does not exist or access denied It's HARD to be Advanced ProgrammerIrwan. Well, you don't need to change any code.. there is no different of working against a SQL 2005, it's the same way as working against SQL server 2000 etc. If you have some problem to connect to the SQL Server 2005, just check your connection string if it's correct. For example if you provide the right user name and password etc. The connection string for connecting to a SQL Server 2000 and SQL Serv...

Writing Stored Procedure in .NET 1.1 and using in SQL Server 2005
Hi, I am working on an application in ASP.NET 1.1 and SQL Server 2005 as database.I wanted to use SQLCLR feature of SQL Server 2005. Is it possible that i write Stored Procedures in C# 1.1 and deploy on SQL Server 2005? as it is in case of C# 2.0. Please refer some good tutorial for it. Regards,Imran GhaniImran Abdul Ghani SQL Server requires 2.0. The .net team made a number of changes to the memory manager and gc so .net could be hosted in SQL Server....

moving data from vb.net 1.1 Datagrid to sql server 2005 database
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I am having. I can get the datagrid to populate from the database fine, like so:     Public Sub BindTheData()         Dim strConn As String        strConn = System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("ConnectionString")        Dim objConn As SqlConnection        objConn = New SqlConnection(strConn)        Dim myCmd As SqlComman...

.net 1.1 to Sql Server 2000
How can i connect ASP.NET 1.1 to SQL Server 2000? Please help me.******** To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first **************** Using the SQLConnection...This is available in ToolBox DataTab..   Hi adonweb , Ado.net is supported in .net1.1(both sqlconnections, sqlcommand, sqldatareader etc are supported) , so I think you can connected to sql 2000 using .net1.1 the same way as .net2.0. Example from msdn:private static void ReadOrderData(string connectionString) { string queryString = "SELECT OrderID, CustomerID FROM dbo.Orders;"; u...

Running Visual Studio.NET 2005 on Server which only runs version 1.1
I Have the latest copy of VS.NET 2005 which compiles for v2. However my server only runs v1.1. I cant upgrade my server. How can I run this??HighOnCodingWanna get high! The licence that comes with ASP.NET 2.0 says that you are not allowed to create live websites using it. This is because it is still in the Beta 1 stage. Apparently, you will be able to release your website as soon as Beta 2 comes out, but no one knows when that will be.Intelligence is a burden.Jagdip Singh AjimalManchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan)...

VS.NET 2005 beta 1 and SQL Server 2005 beta 3
Hello, I can't get Visual Studio .NET 2005 beta 1 and SQL Server 2005 beta 3 without there being issues between the two. They both require their own version of the .NET framework 2 beta, and then the other problem doesn't work correctly. Should I install VS.NET 2005 and then install a later build? Where can I get the newest build? BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). If you're talking about SqlServer 2005 Beta2, then yse they can wo...

Help! Running .net 1.1 website on server with .net 2.0
Hi All,I have problems with running my .net version 1.1 website on a server that has .net version 2.0. Also my database is in sql server 2003 and on the server it is sql server 2005. The error that I am getting is: "unhandled exception..." and "invalid connection..."Please help! Kindly let me know if I have to modify my web.config file or other changes. (The website is working properly on my current server with sql server 2003 and .net framework version 1.1. ) Will let you know more details if required. Regards and thanks.  Hi, did you migrate your application to that server? If...

Running server controls compiled for .NET 1.1 in .NET 2.0
Hello, I have tried upgrading our ASP.NET 1.1 application to .NET 2.0 by using Web Application Projects, and it works beautifully. We use several 3rd party controls that we bought for use in .NET 1.1 and these seem to just work in .NET 2.0, except that I get an intermittent problem with one of them. Should DLLs compiled using .NET 1.1 simply work, except if they access classes that have been removed from the framework in .NET 2.0? If I have both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 present on the machine and the ASP.NET application is configured to run using .NET 2.0 and I have a DLL compiled using .NE...

Running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 apps on same server. Problem???
I have .NET 1.1 running on remote (dedicated) server.  I have just installed Net 2.0 and created a Hello-World App to test it.  It worked fine yesterday, but today when I try it again I get "Server Application Unavailable" My 1.1 web apps seem to be running ok.  The following message was in the event log.  "It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process. Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process"Can someone please advise me how to run 1.1 and 2.0 web apps on the sam...

Reports building from SQL SERVER 2000 and .NET 1.1
Dear all I would like to produce a report on the data i have in my database probably in a pdf or excel or word document. What i have is SQL Server 2000 with .NET 1.1 platform.  Is there anything out there i could use? I have done some work on reporting services but thats with SQL server 2005, but now i have to go a bit back. Any advice? cheers  Dan Or is there any other solution to the problem or producing reports in excel/word/pdf formats except for using Reporting services or crystal reports?  Dan You need SQL Server 2000 Enterprise edition or Developer edition i...

Web resources about - .NET 1.1 running on SQL Server 2005 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Broken Hill: why is Australia's heritage city running out of water?
Who let the plug out? Who stole Broken Hill's water? Who drained the lakes? Was it mismanagement, theft or bad policy or simply evaporation? ...

The Art (And Science) Of Patent Prosecution: MoFo’s Two-Summer Patent Program Isn’t About Recruiting ...
Students in the Two-Summer Patent Program begin prosecuting patents on their very first day on the job. Learn more about it here.

Latest Google Fit update brings real-time running stats, strength training info and more
Google has just announced a new update to the Google Fit app for Android that brings a few handy new tracking features to the fitness application. ...

Justin Forsett Injury: Ravens running back breaks arm from Aaron Donald tackle
With the slam of his body and the trainers putting on the aircast, Ravens running back Justin Forsett has broken his arm. Justin Forsett has ...

Monitor what’s running on your PC with apps tracker
Apps tracker is an open source tool that logs which programs are being run on your PC, and for how long. The program is portable, so there are ...

Time’s running out: Every movie and TV show leaving Netflix in December
Looking through the list of departures from Netflix this month, I'm relieved to see that we aren't losing nearly as many gems as we did last ...

Brooks Running sponsoring beer-mile world-record holder - Business Insider Deutschland
The beer mile is a real thing, and the world-record holder now has a contract. Berkshire Hathaway-owned running-shoe company Brooks is now the ...

Wally West Joins The Flash in "Running to Stand Still" Synopsis
The CW has released the official synopsis for "Running to Stand Still," the Season Two midseason finale for The Flash , which features the return ...