.net 1.1 and SQL Server 2005 #2

Hi,

I run .net 1.1, VS2003 with SQL Server Enterprise Manager v 8.0 on my home XP Pro machine.

I have recently purchased some hosting with SQL Server 2005 capabilities.  I was in a real rush but I should have checked I suppose.

I would love to be able to use my Enterprise Manager but obviously that wont work as it isnt compatible with 2005. It would be preferable not to have to use the web based admin and I have been told I have to install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express, which requires .net 2.0 to be installed. It seems a bit of a mess really.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what options I have?

Thanks,

Pete

Web Design Nottingham, UK
0
pete_m

You're already looking at the best option, but incorrectly assuming it's a mess.  It isn't.  The two framework versions are independent and play fine together, and just doing the default installs should give you wahat you need in not much more time than it takes to download the files.

Jeff

jeff
11/16/2006 8:09:24 PM

ah OK Jeff thanks,

I shall give it a go!

Pete

Web Design Nottingham, UK
0
pete_m
11/16/2006 8:13:53 PM

Can anyone tell me why 2003 isn't compatible with 2005?

Not a gripe, just curious...

Web Design Nottingham, UK
0
pete_m
11/17/2006 10:32:45 AM

2003 what and 2005 what?

Jeff

jeff
11/17/2006 12:46:17 PM

Oops,

Well, the whole .net 2 / SQL Server 2005 thing.

Why cant I log in to 2005 server using my Enterprise manager 8.0 ...    :)

Web Design Nottingham, UK
0
pete_m

.NET 1.1 and SQL Server 2005
Hi, I am migrating my client's site from SQL 2k to 2005. The site was built on .NET 1.1 In order to run SQL 2005, do we need to upgrade to .NET 2.0 in order to run the site? If we do need to upgrade to .net 2.0, is there any way to get around the problem and run it on .NET 1.1. This is because we have a lot of 3rd party componenet which only support .NET 1.1 Thanks in advance. Paul...

.NET 1.1 running on SQL Server 2005
Hi, I am migrating my client's site from SQL 2k to 2005. The site was built on .NET 1.1 In order to run SQL 2005, do we need to upgrade to .NET 2.0 in order to run the site? If we do need to upgrade to .net 2.0, is there any way to get around the problem and run it on .NET 1.1. This is because we have a lot of 3rd party componenet which only support .NET 1.1 Thanks in advance. Paul No. You would need the 2.0 framework for sure. I think the SQL 2005 installation wizard would detect and install the framework for you.You dont need to upgrade your application to VS 2005, however.*******...

Can .net 1.1 work with SQL SERVER 2005 ?
 What should I do if I want my asp.net 1.1 work with sql server 2005I get wrong message : SQL Server does not exist or access denied It's HARD to be Advanced ProgrammerIrwan. Well, you don't need to change any code.. there is no different of working against a SQL 2005, it's the same way as working against SQL server 2000 etc. If you have some problem to connect to the SQL Server 2005, just check your connection string if it's correct. For example if you provide the right user name and password etc. The connection string for connecting to a SQL Server 2000 and SQL Serv...

Writing Stored Procedure in .NET 1.1 and using in SQL Server 2005
Hi, I am working on an application in ASP.NET 1.1 and SQL Server 2005 as database.I wanted to use SQLCLR feature of SQL Server 2005. Is it possible that i write Stored Procedures in C# 1.1 and deploy on SQL Server 2005? as it is in case of C# 2.0. Please refer some good tutorial for it. Regards,Imran GhaniImran Abdul Ghani SQL Server requires 2.0. The .net team made a number of changes to the memory manager and gc so .net could be hosted in SQL Server....

moving data from vb.net 1.1 Datagrid to sql server 2005 database
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I am having. I can get the datagrid to populate from the database fine, like so:     Public Sub BindTheData()         Dim strConn As String        strConn = System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("ConnectionString")        Dim objConn As SqlConnection        objConn = New SqlConnection(strConn)        Dim myCmd As SqlComman...

.net 1.1 to Sql Server 2000
How can i connect ASP.NET 1.1 to SQL Server 2000? Please help me.******** To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first **************** Using the SQLConnection...This is available in ToolBox DataTab..   Hi adonweb , Ado.net is supported in .net1.1(both sqlconnections, sqlcommand, sqldatareader etc are supported) , so I think you can connected to sql 2000 using .net1.1 the same way as .net2.0. Example from msdn:private static void ReadOrderData(string connectionString) { string queryString = "SELECT OrderID, CustomerID FROM dbo.Orders;"; u...

AppName in the Connectivity Parm
Hi: I would like to know if there's a connection parameter to set the workstation name and te application name using ADO.NET or OLEDB to SQL SERVER 2005. I'm currently using PB 10.2.1. Build 9858. TIA. C�sar Ratto D. Yes, This is my DBParm: SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='" + ls_provider + "',DATASOURCE='" + server + "',PROVIDERSTRING='DataTypeCompatibility=80;database=" + bd + ";App=" + ls_applicationName + ";WSID=" + ls_workstation + "',TIMEOUT=160,OJSyntax='ANSI',PBTrimChar...

VS.NET 2005 beta 1 and SQL Server 2005 beta 3
Hello, I can't get Visual Studio .NET 2005 beta 1 and SQL Server 2005 beta 3 without there being issues between the two. They both require their own version of the .NET framework 2 beta, and then the other problem doesn't work correctly. Should I install VS.NET 2005 and then install a later build? Where can I get the newest build? BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). If you're talking about SqlServer 2005 Beta2, then yse they can wo...

Can we deploy a .net 1.1 app to a .net 2.0 server?
Hi, We have been hosting an app on a server that has ASP and ASP.net 1.1 support.  We are now moving to an ISP that has ASP, ASP.net 1.1 and ASP.Net 2.0 plans.  We will soon migrate the development environment to VS 2005.  However, today we use VS 2003.  My question is can we initially deply to a server that has .net 2.0 support?  Are the 2.0 libs fully backward compatible? jerry    You can deploy a 1.1 app to a server runnuing both 1.1 and 2.0 by setting the framework version for the application on the server.  You can deploy many (bu...

Running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 apps on same server. Problem???
I have .NET 1.1 running on remote (dedicated) server.  I have just installed Net 2.0 and created a Hello-World App to test it.  It worked fine yesterday, but today when I try it again I get "Server Application Unavailable" My 1.1 web apps seem to be running ok.  The following message was in the event log.  "It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process. Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process"Can someone please advise me how to run 1.1 and 2.0 web apps on the sam...

Web resources about - .net 1.1 and SQL Server 2005 #2 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Turkey internet servers under sustained cyber attack: internet body
Turkish internet servers have suffered one of the most intense cyberattacks ever seen in the country over the past week, raising fears Ankara ...

Cock.li e-mail server seized by German authorities, admin announces
(credit: Vincent Canfield ) In a new video statement posted on Monday, the administrator of novelty e-mail provider cock.li announced that one ...

Amazon deal: Save $85 on this Sony portable wireless server
Smartphones' memory storage gets filled so quickly these days thanks to photos, videos and more, so get yourself a handy portable wireless server ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Applebee’s Server Returns $32,000 In Cash Family Accidentally Left On The Table
... and scored a huge tip from some abnormally generous person, and you figure the money is yours to keep. Or, if you’re like one Applebee’s server ...

Sanders’ Apology Over Data Breach Comes Six Months Faster Than Clinton’s Apology Over Private Server
Sanders’ Apology Over Data Breach Comes Six Months Faster Than Clinton’s Apology Over Private Server

Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to enter server market with 24-core CPUs
Qualcomm, which announced plans to begin developing ARM-based chips for servers in November 2014, has started delivering server-use CPU samples ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...

Facebook Open Sources Its 'Big Sur' AI Servers
The company hopes to accelerate innovation around deep learning by contributing the GPU-based system designs to the OCP.