"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services

Hi

 My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.

  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP.

 Thanks,

 Falguni

0
techieman

You will need to use the SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services or upgrade to SQL Server 2005. SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 requires SQL 2005 (Express Edition does not count either)
Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones
9/10/2006 12:59:05 AM

hi vcsjones,

Thanks for the reply...

Actually I m trying this with reporting services of SQL Server 2005 trial version (express edition).... and database SQL Server 2000 enterprise edition (licenced version)...

So won't this wrk after mking n e settings or arrangements? Do I need to hv my database also in 2005 and not in 2000?

Thanks and Regards

0
techieman
9/11/2006 5:36:01 AM

techieman:
Do I need to hv my database also in 2005 and not in 2000?

Yes that is correct.

Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones
9/11/2006 12:21:05 PM

On my machine I was having both SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005. I was using project server database and wss database of SQL Server 2000 and Reporting Services and its database of 2005. Accordingly I was getting following error while running reportserver of reporting services 2005:

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services

 So I uninstalled SQL Server 2000 from my machine. I started using project server database and wss database of SQL Server 2000 from some other machine. For Reporting Services and its database of 2005 it used it from my machine.. So every thing worked fine and its not giving any error.

But my actually requirement is using project server database and wss database of SQL Server 2000 and Reporting Services and its database of 2005 for which I get above error.

So please help me out with this ASAP. Is there any work around for this?

Thanks....

0
techieman

Creating Editable Reports using Sql server Reporting Services
Hey All I m new to sql server reporting services and have done a lot of search into it i have also created some custom reports now i want to  create editable reports the textbox control which we can add in reports should be editable after generation of reports  i think its possible just want to know how so wht do u think   regards shark...

****Using "SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICES" IN A WEB FORM****
I currently use asp.net 2003 and am trying to embed a SSRS report into a web form is there a viewer available for this? At the moment I can use the reports in the Report Server Manager, but need to find a viewer so that I can use my own role based security set up in the project to manage the reports....

Report Specific Data Source in sql Server reporting Services
Hi everyone. I have problem in sql server reporting services. I have created a sql server report in viisual studio 2003 using the report specific data source, not shared data source. I also set the credentials when i define the data source for the report. When i test it in report manager, it runs nice and displays the required results. Now when i called this report in web application using the following URL:  <script>varpreview=window.open('http://phx-ps01/ReportServer?%2fISTEPS%2ftest&rs%3aClearSession=true&rc:Parameters=False');preview.focus();</script>...

using Report specific data source in sql server report Problem
Hi I have problem in SQL Server reporting server. I have developed a sql server report, i used report specific data source instead of shared data source. when i test it in designer, it gives me coorect results, but when i call this report from asp.net application then it gives the following error. "One or more datasource credentials required to run the report have not been specified. (rsCredentialsNotSpecified)" I fixed the credentials in data source when i created for the report. If any body can help me, welcome Regards. Thanks in advance. Rizwan...

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

Report Features NOT using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hi, I have a web app that is using rdlc reporting that needs some refinement.  The research I've done on the improvements I'd like to make indicates that they can be done with SQL Server Reporting Services; however, I don't have a license for SQL Server and would like not to have to purchase one if I can do what needs to be done without it.  I'd like to know if it is POSSIBLE in rdlc reporting to do 2 things, and if so, how to approach a solution: 1. I would like to export a version of the report to a file location on a routine basis (say once a day). 2. T...

Report "Load report failed" while report using data field
hi all, I'm develop asp.net and crystal report from visual studio 2003 environment. all the completed program & report will place in 1 folder running by IIS5, currently the problem is: if the report is without using database fields is runnable and display well in my page; but if the report need to uses of database's field (no matter from xml or dataset), the page always throw error message "Load report failed", the stack trace always stop in the code "rpt.SetDataSource(ds)" or " rpt.Database.Tables(0).SetDataSource(ds.Tables("tbl1")" or "rpt.ExportToStream (CrystalDecisions.Shared.E...

Build Timlenie Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 Report Builder 2.0 or VS Inteligent 2008
 Hi, I have just started using SQL Server Reporting Services (SQL Server 2008). I've build my first reports in Report Builder 2.0 and in VS 2008. I need to build reports with timelines. So I have to execute evry second (or minute) sql query to check and calculate the value.Do you have an idea how to do this?OR if you can send some links to a good tutorials :) I will apprisiate.Thanks Please Mark as Answer if it helps you in solving your problem. Do you have the time data in your database  or u just have the start time and end time?  If i have exsact time :) then buildi...

How to generate the reports in details manner by using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hi, I am generating the reports in a webpage as a details manner by using SQL Server Reporting Services.Here I am using asp.net2.0 with c#. Report should be like this:                                          WorkOrder Details -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

VS 2008 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services "Business Intelligence Projects"
I installed Visual Studio 2008 Pro. Then I installed SQL Server 2005 Dev Edtion also on my XP machine. When I open up VS 08, I don't see the ability to create "Business Intelligence Projects" like I could do in VS 05. What's the best solution? - install VS 05 also now side-by-side, to use the Reporting Services report design tools? Can't VS 08 use the SQL 05 reporting tools? You need VS2005 to use SQL 2005 BI, SSIS etc.(I expect SQL 2008 will use VS 2008.) Richard Bummer. Thanks for the info. what about those of us who use oracle as our data source? ...

Moving & Deploying my SQL Reporting Services Server Reports project to a rempote server
I created a Reporting Services project on my local machine,The data source, and database that the reports use/access are ona remote SQL Server (Lets call it Server XYZ) So here is my question. How shall I deploy these reportsto the SQL server Server machine "XYZ", from my local machine? Can I simply copy them to the same directory structure on the remote server that hosts the Reportingservices projects? Because basically my local directory structure for thereports mimics the location of those  Reporting Services projects on the server: C:\Documents and Settings\AV_KP_Admin\M...

Convert my reports from "Active Reports" to "Crystal Reports"
Hello, I discovered data dynamics active reports product a year ago while I was starting a new asp.net project and decided to use it as the reporting tool, it's a very nice product and have a lot of advantages over many other products in the market. However...I also discovered that although they clearly declare that they support Right To Left languages, they have a BIG issue when using Right To Left languages in ASP.NET.I've been writing them posts about this problem and asking when they are going to fix it for 8 months, and yet they did not give me an estimate time frame for fixing this i...

How to use report generated by sql server 2005 reporting services in web application
Dear All, I am making web application using Asp.net C#(Visual Studio2005). And Sql server 2005 as a back End  I now want to generate report using through sql server reporting services. Please give me some useful link so that I can able to use report generated by sql server 2005 through my web application   Thanks   ...

Web resources about - "Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services - asp.net.sql-datasource