"Timeout expired" error occuring while fetching the data with SQL Server 2000

Hello,

I have one application which is having written in asp.net & plain asp.

I am having one button on asp page,
when i will click on that button, then itwill execute one other asp page.
And after the execution of that second asp page, I redirect it to some
ASPX page with some values.
On the ASPX page, it will connect to the Database, and insert the values.

Thus, sometime, the following error is occuring :

"Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."

Main thing is that i am testing it on my local machine, then also it is giving me this error ...
Insert into statement is also not much complicated :
just I inserted three values in one table.

Is this occuring due to the mixer of asp & aspx??
Plz give me some proper solution.
I want it in efficient manner, because this application will be accessed by number of users at the same time.

Plz help me.

Thanks,
Sandy

0
master_sandy

Have you been able to pointpint exactly where the bottleneck is occuring?  Is the INSERT statement definitely the culprit?

Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton
9/13/2005 3:55:25 AM
Yes....

for insert statement.
But I think this is not creating any matter.
matter is the connection with DB.
This is not occuring everytime.
It's frequancy is 30%.
But for number of users concurrent access, i am not sure is it same or may be increase.

Currently I am using the following connection string :

ConnectionString="Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=myDataBase;User ID=test;Password=test;min pool size=1; max pool size=300"

If there is any issue in this string, plz let me know.

Plz give me the feasible solution ASAP.

Thanks,
Sandy
0
master_sandy
9/13/2005 6:43:08 AM
I'd use Performance Monitor to check how well your connection pooling is working for you.  See this article: Tuning Up ADO.NET Connection Pooling in ASP.NET Applications, in particular the Monitoring Connection Pooling Behavior section

Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton

Getting "When connecting to SQL Server 2005 Error" using MS SQL 2000?
I'm new to using VS2005 and this is my first project connecting to our MS SQL 2000. App worked fine on my dev PC, connection to the same MS SQL Server. Published the web site to the web server (same server running MS SQL Server) and getting the below error. Is this a permission setup problem on SQL Server or does it really think it's connecting with a MS SQL 2005 database? An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remot...

"Mricrosoft SQL Server" or "Mricrosoft SQL Server Dababase File
Hi: Trying to understand this logic: We can choose: "Mricrosoft SQL Server" or "Mricrosoft SQL Server Dababase File" as our data source. I understand that if we choose: "Mricrosoft SQL Server", the database is located in server, such as: c:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL1\Data\Northwind.mdf But if we choose: "Mricrosoft SQL Server Dababase File", what will it happen? does that mean it will create a copy of a database (say Northwind.mdf) to my current web application foler, say in: App_Data foder? What is the main advantage (or purpose) ...

SQL Server Error: "Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric"
I'm still quite new to SQL, and so I may be missing something quite obvious. Apologies in advance if that's the case. I've included my query at the bottom of the message as it is quite long; my problem is that I get "Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric" when the first parameter to my COALESCE calls is not NULL. That is, the COALESCEs and the query work as I expect when SUM(cust_vw_actual.Actual) is NULL (they return 0.00), but if it isn't I get the error. I am also getting "Warning: Null value eliminated from aggregate.&...

SQL Server 2005 error: "Incorrect syntax near "-" "
Hello, I have an application written in visual basic which connects to a SQL Server 2005In DB of SQL Server I have many tables. Table names can contain chars like: "-",  "\",  ".", etc. When I execute the instruction in visual basic sTableName= "Table-3" ' or ""Table-3"" or "Table_1" or sTableName= """" + "Table_1" + """"   -> """" = 4 quates (2 for string identify and two for writing in string a quate chr(34)->" strQu...

"ODBC" "OleDb": Hosting for SQL Server 2000. Help!
All my code is from the SqlClient namespace, so am I ok if I use asp.net 1.1 / 2.0 hosting and ODBC or OleDb as the "connector" technology?Thanks. I guess yes, but using the correct classes would be better..   RegardsASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest) I came across a host that offered SQL Server 2000 hosting and nowhere was "ODBC" or "OLEDB" mentioned. I was told that I am given a ready made SQL db to use. I just transfer my tables, etc to it.I know that I use the Oracle namespace if I am connecting to Oracle. But such understanding is not about how Oracle is connected to .NET. I presu...

What´s the purpose of "classifieds-categories.sql" "classifieds-add.sql""classifieds-remove.sql"?
 Hello all, what´s the purpose of the scripts I enunciated above on the classified starter kit?  "classifieds-categories.sql"  seems to create the initial parent categories, the others 2 names sugest they are used to add and remove ads, but i cant get how.There are 10 types of people in this world:Those who understand binary and those who don't. The classifieds starter kit is ready for upload right out of the box. Any .sql files you find in App_Data are scripts of the database.They are there to make it easy for uploading your site. So if you were not mak...

How to display the data from" SQL SERVER" Database in "aspx" page by CHART
Hello, nice to have meet so many helpful friends. Would you please do me a favour?There is much difficulty in solving the problem. I am trying to display the data from" SQL SERVER" Database in "aspx" page by CHART,For example:http://tech.ccidnet.com/pub/attachment/2003/5/180528.gif http://tech.ccidnet.com/pub/attachment/2003/5/180529.gif So that,I can see the data fuctioning In <Microsoft.Office.Interop.Owc>,But I failed. Would you please provide me a real case and give me some explanation ? Your kind help would be highly appreciated!I'm flying.... ...

upgrade error:"CONNECTIVITY ERROR:DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out."
PLEASE HELP OH WISE SYBASE GURUS! upgrading 11.9.2 to 12.0. unloaded software. rebooted server. selected "upgrade server" in Configure Sybase Servers window. typed in sa password. got "CONNECTIVITY ERROR: DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out." -- Chuck Boyce chuck_boyce@operamail.com http://www.geocities.com/chuck_boyce_jr/ Yahoo Messenger ID: chuck_boyce_jr http://messenger.yahoo.com AOL Instant Messenger ID: sg95m476 http://www.aol.com/aim/ ICQ Messenger ID: 41449031 http://www.icq.com ...

SQL Server 2005 error: "Invalid object name" / "Incorrect syntax near"
Hi All,This problem isent strictly to do with ASP.NET but I am creating an ASP.NET web application.Just a quick overview, I have recently had to reinstall windows on my machine becuase of an unrelated matter so before I did so i created an SQL script using the SQL Server Database Publishing Wizard so that the SQL Database could be recreated exaclty as it was.I have just reistalled SQL Server 2005 and the Managment Studio and have attempted to run the script.Once the script is run there are literally thousands of the following two errors:Invalid object nameandIncorrect syntax near ...It is ...

"connections to SQL server files (*.mdf)" error message in Visual studio when adding a new SQL database
Hope you can help. Running Visual Studio 2005 and SQLServer2005.  I have created a new project and am attempting to add a new SQL database to it.  When I select the SQL database I get an "Connections to SQL server files (*.mdf) requires SQL Server Express to function properly" error message.  I also tried to add an existng database and it errors out as well "The file can not be opened as it is being used by another process.....".  However, I can create a new data source connection to existing SQL databases.  One caveat though.  I can ...

VB.NET login (SQL Server 2005) error: "Communication with the underlying transaction manager has failed"
Hi all,I am trying to setup a VB.Net development environment on my desktop for one of the application which was already in the production for couple of years (some unknown contractor(s) developed and maintained it so far). The application works fine on the web.Visual Studio 2005, .Net 2.0, SQL 2000, SQL Server 2005 were installed on my desktop. When I try to build the entire application/solution in the debug mode (i.e., with http://localhost/), build succeeds and I could get to the login.aspx. When I try to login, I am getting an error in the Visual Studio at the following code;connection = ...

Configure both database in sql server 2000.error "Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'."
I am using sql server 2000 as database.I have created two database in my local machine names as ASPNETDB and CLASSIFIEDSDB.i have createad all membership in ASPNETDB through reg_sql.exe.but on running the application its shows error like"Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'." i have change web.config file asbelowplease tell me where i am doing mstake... <system.web>  <customErrors defaultRedirect="Error.aspx" mode="RemoteOnly"/>  <pages styleSheetTheme="Red"/>  <aut...

pass data with the "IN" in sql server
Hi, I have a sql statement like the following select * from table where name IN(@names) I tried to pass the @names in c# like this string names = "'a','b','c','d'", I also tried "a,b,c,d,e" but they didn't work. If I do this directly in the sql server, it works. How do I pass these values from c# code?  Check the link below: http://www.sommarskog.se/dynamic_sql.html Moosa.---------eUKhost.comYour Search for Webhosting Ends here..ASP .NET - MSSQL HostingFree ASP .NET - MSSQL Solutions hi thanks I will take a look....

"Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server" using sql server express and vwde. why?
I've set up a website on another computer using sql server express and visual web developer express, and it works as expected. However halfway through the development i've had to move to another computer. I installed visual web developer express + sql server express, and copied the project files across, but now when I attempt to run it I get the error:Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed. I've tried reinstalling the software and it doesn't help. Any idea why this is happening, and...

Web resources about - "Timeout expired" error occuring while fetching the data with SQL Server 2000 - asp.net.sql-datasource