[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'WinFM SQL PFS'. Login fails.

Hi

ASP pages were properly connecting to SQL DB until I restored from a backup DB.  As soon as I finished restoring from the backup DB, I am getting the following error message.   I did not make any changes on ASP side.  IIS Server and SQL 2K Server is running on a WIN2K Server Box.
Please help.

Thank you.

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services
Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'DB name'. Login fails.
/FMPFS/FMWebFinCo.asp, line 58
Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; InfoPath.2)
Page:
POST 60 bytes to /FMPFS/FMWebFinCo.asp
POST Data:
FinCoCode=********LoginPassword=*****&FinCoLoginSubmit=Submit
Time:
Thursday, October 02, 2008, 5:58:26 PM
More information:
Microsoft Support

0
milwalt

This error is most likely caused by a password mismatch.  Have you try login w/ the same username / password with a SQL client?

Bruce
DiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine
0
Bruce

Cannot open database requested in login 'sql'. Login fails. Login failed for user '\ASPNET'.
I am using the MSDE to connect to my ASP.NET application. I get this error after clicking the login button of my login page. Anyone know why this would happen? Thanks for any help, Cannot open database requested in login 'DataSQL'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'server\ASPNET'.Thank youJackxxx I thought i shold add that when this was on the development PC the database was named DataSQL. On the new PC it is DataSQL2, so I'm not sure why the error shows DataSQL. Thanks,Thank youJackxxx What are the contents of your connection string? Where is it stored? TerriTerri MortonE...

wegconfig connectionstring ADODB System.Data.Odbc error is [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'
    <add name="MYADODBCUSTOMERCONNECTIONSTRING" connectionString="Driver={SQL Server};Server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;Database=myDbname;Uid=xxxxx;Pwd=xxxxx" providerName="System.Data.Odbc" />   [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: [Micros...

Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
Hi Everybody, On localhost this application works fine but when I put on remote server. I am getting following errors. For both localhost and server, I am using same remote sql 2000. I will appreciate any help. Thanks, Arif Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ')'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more i...

SQL Server Express 2005: Can't change the login password for my sql login
I recently changed the database for the Web Site Administration Tool that comes with ASP.Net 2.0.  When I clicked the security tab, I kept getting an error on the page saying: There is problem with your selected data store.  This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission.  It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled.  Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem:  Login failed for user '<myloginu...

How can I get the 'entire' database, structure and data, from SQL server 2008 to SQL server 2005?
1) I can't get the 'copy database' function to work from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2005. I connect ok. Everything goes to the last step and then it fails.2) I cant get a SQL server 2008 backup to restore on SQL SEerver 2005 either. The only way I know that works is to script the creation of all tables then export and import. This does work. How can I get the 'entire' database, structure and data, from 2008 to 2005? ThanksSQL newbie. Visual Studio 2008 supports a type of project called a database project. You might try importing the schema of t...

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'. SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
Hi,I have a asp web application, where i use sql server 2005 as backend. This application generates reports . Before i was using SQL Server 2000, now its migrated to 2005. When i generate report for small date range then it works fine. But when the date range is big then around half of the report is generated and the following error is thrown. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ...out.asp, line 405  Am sure the webcode is working fine and am connecting to the Da...

Cannot open database requested in login 'database'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'webuser'.
I am getting the following error from a previously working asp.net application Cannot open database requested in login 'fieldservice'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'webuser'. I checked the connection string dim myconn as sqlconnection=new sqlconnection("server=milkman;uid=webuser;pwd=xxx;database=fieldservice"), and it is the same as another application that is still working. I am able to use query anaylizer and connect to the db and run the query that is attempting with this information so I am lost. Anyone out there got any ideas? Thanks, Justin T...

SQL Server instance Error
Hi Guys, I created a default website in VS2008 & dragged in a webpartmanager into the div section (i was going to have a play with creating web parts). I tried to preview the default page to seeif it runs but i get the following error: Server Error in '/WebSite1' Application. A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - E...

sql server 2005 do'nt attach sql server database file
I have sql server 2005 standard version. I want connect mu database file with microsoft sql server  database file.I receive ... provider: SQL Network Interface; error: 26 - error locating server/instance specified ... error.How to use local .mdf file with sql server 2005 (not express)  SQL Server (not express) doesn't support attaching on the fly of mdf files, so you need to do it manually. That is, open SQL Management Studio, right click the server, select attach, and that way you can permanently attach the database to the server. You'll have to use a normal connection s...

Can microsoft SQL Server 2005 database upgrade to microsoft SQL Server 2008 database?
I have a microsoft SQL Server 2005 database, I don't know how to upgrade the 2005 database to 2008 database, I try to use SQL Server Management Studio Express 2008 to open the 2005 database, it's OK, does it mean that the 2005 database have been upgraded to 2008 database? BTW, is SQL Server 2005 database compatible with SQL Server 2008 database completely?SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator Yes. It is compatible. Anyhow go through this url for more informationhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...

Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
please tellme how to resolve this error, i m using server studio management tool. and trying to connect using sql server authentication. my pc is over a domain.   Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)  check whether that sql server is allowing sqlauthentication or not.select that server -> right click it-> select  properties  -> in the window, select security -> check what is the server authentication. it should be  sqlserver and windows authentica...

Web resources about - [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'WinFM SQL PFS'. Login fails. - asp.net.sql-datasource