In WSS Backing up DB of SQL 2005 and restore in DB of SQL 2000 giving error

Hi, sometime ago, I have installed WSS and configured using typical option whereby be default SQL server 2005 used for creating the content DB. Later I realize that I need to use SQL 2000 instead because of licensing problem. Therefore, I have re-installed the WSS but now using advanced options and selected SQL 2000 instead. Earlier when using SQL 2005, I have created nearly a complete site and backed up the whole farm. Now with the newly installed WSS, when I try to restore the backed up WSS farm, the restore process giving error saying “the backed up DB is using structure version 611 but current DB uses structure version 513, restore failed”. Any idea if I can overcome this problem?. Thanks in advance.

0
rrobet
3/13/2007 2:03:10 AM
asp.net.sharepoint-hosting 560 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sql 2000 upload to a 2005 sql DB?
Hi all, I am using ixwebhosting.com for a host and they say they are using sql 2005 servers, well any ways I have sql 2005 express edition, and sql 2000, I am able to export data from mysql2005 express using my 2000, but am having issues tryig to upoad the data to the 2005 sql server on the web host company. Any ideas on how to fix this or a workaround would be nice.Thanks All Jonny It shouldn't be a problem however your hosting company should be able to guide you Jeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer. Install SQL...

SQL Server 2000 DB in SQL Server 2005 Express
I have an SQL Server 2000 DB that I created on one PC that I would like to move to a PC running SQL Server 2005 Express, is this possible? Will the SQL Server 2000 DB run under SQLS Server 2005 EXPRESS? Thank you for any thoughts, Yes, there are serveral ways to move the database: backup/restore, detach/attach, Copy Database Wizard, etc. For more information, you can refer to:Copy Database Wizard: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190775.aspxBackup/Restore: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190436.aspxDetach/Attach: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190794.a...

Changing the default db from SQL Express 2005 to SQL 2000
How would I change the database from SQL Express 2005 to SQL 2000 on another server. I am using the Small buisness kit that I have downloaded from this site....

How do I synchronise local SQL Server Express db with my online SQL Server 2005 db?
For various reasons, I have a situation where the data in the SQL Server 2005 database hosted by my ISP is more up to date than the data in the matching SQL Server Express database on my own PC. I now want to synchronise these two databases but don't know how to do it. Because I am still developing my ASP.NET 3.5 app, which has not yet been opened up to users, I am only used to synchronising in the other direction by first using the Database Publishing Wizard within Visual Web Developer 2008 Express to create a suitable script associated with my SQL Server Express database and then runn...

Attach SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net
Is there any way to attach a SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net?  If so can you also set security? Can you rephrase your question? Attach SQL DB from which version of SQL server ? Look up books online for sp_attachdb and sp_detachdb.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I have a DB that was created in SQL Server 2005.  I have a website that displays data from systems all over the world.  Each system sends it's data to it's own DB.  The customer can then go to a website and see the data at real time.  What ...

connecting to SQL 2000 Server gives SQL 2005 error message
Hi, Here is the syntax of the connection string within the web.config file:<connectionStrings><clear /> <add name="MyConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=000.000.000;Initial Catalog=Database Name;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=XXXXXX;Password=XXXXXX;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> </connectionStrings>  The test page has a GridView in it which uses the connectionstring fron the web.config file. Error Message: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecti...

Moving SQL 2005 DB to SQL 2005 express
Hi. I developed an ASP.NET based website at work using MS SQL 2005 Developer Edition as the back-end. Now I have a friend who needs a website and I can basically use some of the same tables/SPs I used at work. My questions are: 1. Can I detach the DB from work and attach it to an MS SQL 2005 Express database?2. As the developer of the website, what do I have to do to distribute the web application? Being the express version of SQL, do I have to pay for licensing or things like that?Thank you.  1. Can I detach the DB from work and attach it to an MS SQL 2005 Express database?...

Need to back up & restore a SQL server database when only SQL 2000 and 2005 are available.
I am maintaining a .net 1.0 asp.net web application that accesses a SQL server 2000 database. I need to backup the database and then restore it on a laptop. Currently it resides on a server. The problem is that on the server they are using sql server 2005. If I backup using 2005 and then try and restore this database using SQL server 2000 or 2005 on the laptop, I get an error message. "Too many backup devices specified for backup or restore; only 64 are allowed. RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally. What can I do to restore the database? Must it be backed up with SQL server 2000 ...

Hosting aps.net website, sql server 2005 db in App_data or outsite App_data?
I've started with the development of a website which will use a sql server 2005 database. I want to use the asp.net membership and roles functionality. In the end the website will be hosted by a hosting company. What is the best way to store the database? In the App_data folder or outstide the App_data folder? Second, do hosting companies support placing sql server databases stored into the App_data folder? 1) app_data - not good idea. the database file in app_data folder maybe will work for you intranet project but in my opinion it is not good idea. It works great when you w...

BCP Sybase SQL Server db to SQL Anywhere db?
Anyone, I am searching for an automated way to take an entire Sybase SQL Server db on a Unix server and get it into a Sybase SQL Anywhere db on my laptop. I dont feel like going table by table through the Pipeline not to mention that I have RI proplems with this approach as well. Ideally, I would like to have explained to me a way to perform a BCP from the Unix SQL Server world into the windows based SQL Anywhere world. If this is even possible. The model itself is not as important as the data because we use ERwin and I am able to forward engineer the model onto the SQL Anywhe...

[...]

Web resources about - In WSS Backing up DB of SQL 2005 and restore in DB of SQL 2000 giving error - asp.net.sharepoint-hosting

Backing vocalist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A backing vocalist or backing singer (or, especially in the U.S. and Canada, backup singer or sometimes background singer or harmony vocalist ...

Starz Video Stunt Backing ‘Boss’ Tells Facebook Users The ‘Price For Power’
Premium cable network Starz is backing the second-season premiere of political drama “ Boss ” with video stunt Price for Power . continued… ...

Religious Right Slams Obama for Backing Marriage Equality
Religious Right Slams Obama for Backing Marriage Equality While gay conservative groups have come out attacking President Obama for endorsing ...

JamUp - Guitar Amps and Multi-Effects Processor with Multitrack Recorder, Backing Track Player, Phrase ...
Get JamUp - Guitar Amps and Multi-Effects Processor with Multitrack Recorder, Backing Track Player, Phrase Sampler, Tuner and Metronome on the ...

Backing the Future deck for Future Fest at Stanford
jurvetson posted a photo: Future Fest site: Future Fest at Stanford had a “Backing the Future” theme as it was the 30-year anniversary of the ...

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off - electric guitar cover (instrumental & backing track) - YouTube
Taylor Swift - Shake It Off - electric guitar cover (instrumental & backing track) Subscribe!: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0zBWd2-0B5q ...

Iraq’s PM-designate gets crucial boost from Iranian backing
Message of support from Iranian supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei makes it harder for Nouri Al Maliki to block rise of Haider Al Abadi.

Mike Baird gives backing for renewable energy target
The NSW government has broken ranks with conservative counterparts in Canberra and the other states by declaring its strong support for the national ...

Woodside gains the backing of ASA
Woodside win support of Australian Shareholders' Association for Shell buyback.

PM punting on a rank outsider by backing coal
New energy source will bury dirty 19th-century fuel.