WSE 2.0 with .Net 2.0

Hi all,

I would like to know if i use WSE 2.0 along with .Net framework 2.0 to sign certificate will it work.(I know WSE 2.0 is not having VS 2005 development support and only the 2.0 framework supports it. I will be enabling WSE 2.0 in .net 1.1 and then run the application in framework 2.0)

also if i enable this in the server and in teh client if i use Wse 2.0 with .Net 1.1  will there be any problem with the communication between the two.

Thanks in advance

Dawn George

0
georgedawn

Hi

The newer libraries should be backwards compatible with 1.1.  But then again, there is merit in upgrading the web service to 2.0

You should be able to invoke the webservice with any application (php, jsp, asp.net 1.1, asp.net 2.0) because that's the point of webservices.

Since the webservice is an interface to your calls it shouldn't matter what language you write it in and what language you consume it in.

Best Regards
XiaoYong Dai
Microsoft Online Community Support

XiaoYong

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Clickonce deployment anyone (DW.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0)?
I saw someone had posted a question about this already, and there were no responses. So I am hoping that this will get some. We had problems with the previous version of DW.NET 1.5 + VS2003 when attempting to deploy applications via a web server. So many problems that we eventually decided to run off a network drive (which is OK if your user base doesn't roam around the country). Anyway, we gave up on DW.NET, and started to use the datagrid control. Since then, much has changed. Our development team now has VS2005 professional and may start using DW.NET 2.0 (pending my inv...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

Implementing Security using WSE 3.0 and .Net 2.0
Greetings,  I've written a ton of webservices in the past but have never touched WSE or applied any turnkey security policies before. I'm looking for a basic tutorial or article that will walk me through setting up security on a web service using WSE 3.0. I've come across several Microsoft articles but they are more overviews rather than step-by-step implementation guides. (http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/webservices/building/wse/default.aspx?pull=/msdnmag/issues/05/11/securitybriefs/default.aspx)(http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/11/securitybriefs/default.as...

2.0.0.2 to 2.0.0.3 update failure #2
Name: firefox_fan Product: Firefox Summary: 2.0.0.2 to 2.0.0.3 update failure Comments: The new update fails to install other than in admin mode (Windows XP SP2). Now every time I start Firefox (other than admin mode), it tries to update but fails due to lack of privileges. Let me know how to over come this problem. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Upgraded from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.2???
Just downloaded a FireFox prompted update. I was running 2.0.0.3. The downloaded update is 2.0.0.2 ... seems to me that's a step backwards ... is there a reason? On May 16, 1:45 pm, Dean Kay <dean...@earthlink.net> wrote: > Just downloaded a FireFox prompted update. I was running 2.0.0.3. The > downloaded update is 2.0.0.2 ... seems to me that's a step backwards ... > is there a reason? I had a weird instance today, where Firefox locked up (no, that's not weird...lol) on Vista, and so Vista did the "checking for problems" process, and then...

Update between 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3
Name: John P Wright Email: klemnoctraatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Update between 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: I have been reminded at regular intervals ( when online) by a pop up indicating that upgrade to 2.0.0.3 is recommended. I have now performed this exercise twice but the reminder pop up keeps re-appearing. Also the 'about Mozilla Firefox' tab persists in indicating that I am running 2.0.0.2 The update appeared in both cases to download and update without error or information on any problem found. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win...

Upgrading from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.2???
Hi all, My Firefox was upgraded to 2.0.0.3 last week. However, last night I got a pop-up window informing me that I have just received 2.0.0.2 as an update. What is going on? Regards, alex ozgwei@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > My Firefox was upgraded to 2.0.0.3 last week. > > However, last night I got a pop-up window informing me that I have > just received 2.0.0.2 as an update. > > What is going on? > > Regards, > alex > Did you have 2.0.0.2 and updated to 2.0.0.3, and are not getting messages about 2.0.0.2? Lee ...

2.0.0.2 to version 2.0.0.3
Name: Ed Strait Email: estraitateds-placedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 2.0.0.2 to version 2.0.0.3 Comments: A week or so ago I was prompted to download and install version 2.0.0.3 as an upgrade from 2.0.0.2. I selected the upgrade and was running the ..3 version since. This morning, out of now where, it downloaded the .2 version and ask to to install which it looked as if I had no choice. After it restarted it was showing that I was running the .2. I then went and checked for any updates and it found the .3 again and installed it. Now I'm back to the .3 again. Any rea...

Web resources about - WSE 2.0 with .Net 2.0 - asp.net.security

Please Don’t Post ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Spoilers. For The Love Of All That Is Holy, Just Don’t ...
Tonight is the night Star Wars fans have been waiting for for three decades (conveniently overlooking the Jar Jar Binks-filled embarrassment ...

Doomsayers are wrong (so far) as US Fed raises rates: Don Pittis
CBC.ca Doomsayers are wrong (so far) as US Fed raises rates: Don Pittis CBC.ca "Remember, we have very low rates and we've made a very small ...

Sundar Pichai expresses unequivocal support for net neutrality
Most tech companies today endorse the principle of net neutrality in their public communications. "Net neutrality has been hugely critical to ...

Calm In Baltimore Overnight After Freddie Gray Mistrial
Calm In Baltimore Overnight After Freddie Gray Mistrial

Facebook's plan to eat the internet is finally launching on Android
Facebook is finally launching Instant Articles for Android. The social networking giant said on Wednesday that it has launched its instant articles ...

California Introduces New Rules For Self-Driving Cars
If self-driving cars were to catch on, lawmakers would need to come up with new rules and laws to govern such vehicles. As it stands there is ...

Top Google searches in 2015 show Aussies are really curious about Netflix
It was a year of real highs and lows for Aussies, if their 2015 Google searches are anything to go by. Netflix finally arrived Down Under, making ...

The San Bernardino Shooters Buried in Traditional Islamic Funeral
TIME The San Bernardino Shooters Buried in Traditional Islamic Funeral TIME Tashfeen Malik and Syed Rizwan Farook, the shooters behind the ...

Microsoft aims to supply Chinese government with customized Windows 10
After signing a deal with China's answer to Google in September , Microsoft is again strengthening its position in the country, this time by ...

Moviegoers Still Feel Safe After Recent Terror Attacks: New Study
Terrorist attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, Calif., have become hot topics in the presidential race and dominated the media. Despite wide-spread ...