Win 2003 web server on LAN with iis 6.0 and .net 2.0 doesn't return HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name value

Hi. I'm accessing a Win 2003 web server on LAN with iis 6.0 and .net 2.0 that doesn't reuturn HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name value in asp.net 2.0 c# although I am logged on to the network domain.  Any advice on why and how to rectify this? The web.config file has authentication mode="Windows" set.  Thanks for any help!
0
jackogreen

can't update to 2.0.0.2 on win server 2003
Name: monja mellada Email: monja13atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't update to 2.0.0.2 on win server 2003 Comments: I use "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; tr; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1" version of firefox. when an update dialog opens and complete with success installation to 2.0.0.2 then firefox has not open again. shortcuts not working too. installation folder becomes useless. only way to fix this problem is install 2.0.0.1 to different folder and press cancel of the dialogs invoking to upgrade. Browser Details: Mozilla/5...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Problem with .NET MVC 1.0 on IIS 6.0 ( Windows Server 2003 )
 Hi everbody, finally, it was time to deploy my fresh MVC app. on my Windows Server 2003...Well, as you all know.. this won't work without some extra effort ( e.g. including the wildcard filter ).. So i did this and what happened was: nothing...I still can't access any .aspx file in my folderstructure from any webserver, as all my trys end in a 404..Now i don't have a single idea left...Here's what i got so far:- I'm currently running on .NET 2.0 as i wasn't able to install 3.5 on the Win 2003 Server ( maybe because it's a virtual server? )  -> C...

Update 2.0.0.6 doesn't go active with user rights
Name: christoph Email: christophdotharreratviedotboehringer-ingelheimdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Update 2.0.0.6 doesn't go active with user rights Comments: Hi if you are an admin on your XPSP2 machine it is fine. But surfing as admin isn't intelligent. So if you have only user rights on your pc you cannot install this update completely. Firefox asks for restart every time. Regards, Christoph Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

2.0.0.11 works 2.0.0.12 doesn't
Name: Vaughan Product: Firefox Summary: 2.0.0.11 works 2.0.0.12 doesn't Comments: After the forced update occurs 2.0.0.12 doesn't allow me to access the internet. I tried disabling all Add-ons but it still fails. The only solution is to re-install 2.0.0.11. I get a message that the site cannot be found. This is bs as it was found in IE6 and in Ff 2.0.0.11 seconds earlier. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

Debugging DOES NOT WORK in VS 2005 / IIS 6.0 / .NET 2.0 / Win2003 Server
Hello, I am trying to debug an application in VS 2005 under IIS 6 / Win2k3.  When I set breakpoints in my code, the debugger does not stop on the breakpoints. I have created an app pool and website that points to the directory my source code lives in. I have configured the project to use IIS by setting the property page "Use Custom Server" to the URL that the web server uses, eg: http://localhost/MyApp The code itself lives on a page called http://localhost/MyApp/Verification.aspx When I hit F5 to debug within Visual Studio, the project does start, and VS connects to IIS...

Firefox 2.0.0.6 Reverts back to 2.0.0.5 reinstalls 2.0.0.6, wipes out user settings
Firefox is turning into a piece of crap. First, there is only 1 profile, the default profile. Second, after the first 2.0.0.6 update wiped out the profile settings (again), the automatic check for updates was turned off. This morning the customized profile settings went MIA again, Firefox decided it was version 2.0.0.5 (per the help, about firefox) and automatically downloaded 2.0.0.6; even though 2.0.0.6 had already been installed on July 31. It now thinks it is 2.0.0.6, the home page and other profile settings have been reset, and automatic updates turned off for everyt...

Web service works from VS Development server but not on IIS
Hello, I have developed a simple web service that has one method which calls another web service outside of my network.The outside web service uses WSE 3.0 and I have installed x509 certificates locally. While running the web service from Visual Studio 2005 in the ASP.net Devlopment Server everything works fine.... however, as soon as I deploy it to another server in IIS, I can't make the call to the outside service. I get this  exception: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---&...

problem with Visual Studio 2008, Net Framework 2.0 and AJAX 1.0 doesn't work!
I wrote simple web application with update panel but when I loaded application, update panel didn't work..I think It's problem with AJAX 1.0... How to fix this problem???ASP.NET 3.5VISUAL STUDIO 2008 PROMS SQL SERVER 2005 You really need to be more specific about what you're trying to do, what's happening, post your source code, something...When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries. I have side by side installed visual studio 2005 and 2008.In visual studio ...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

HELP
I am having troubles understanding what I need to do to integrate Visual Basic .NET 2003 with IIS 6.0, where VS.NET is installed on my Windows 2000 machine, but the IIS is running on a separate Windows 2003 Server.We purchase Visual Basic .NET Standard.   I assume that is all that is required for creating ASP.NET pages, Web services and Web applications?We ran the setup on the Windows 2000 machine.   The prerequisites were installed, followed by VB.NET.   We installed the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK and then the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.On the Windows 2...

Web resources about - Win 2003 web server on LAN with iis 6.0 and .net 2.0 doesn't return HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name value - asp.net.security