Web Crawlers Web.config and .Net Roles/Membership

 I have a subfolder in my asp.net 3.5 application that contains a Web.config file that only allows certain roles to access one of the pages. My question is whether or not web crawlers can index that page's content.

http://www.geneangelo.com
0
gangelo

web crawlers crawl only on publicly accessible sites (as anonymous user)

Patrick Oliveros
Web Developer - Emerson Electric Asia, Ltd. - ROHQ
webthinker.wordpress.com
0
jpcoliveros
8/21/2008 3:04:49 PM

 Great, thanks a lot.

http://www.geneangelo.com
0
gangelo

setup AP.NET membership database & web.config in .NET 3.5?
 A long time ago I setup an ASP.NET security database using aspnet_regsql.exe. I noticed this utility doesn't ship with .NET 3.5. Can anyone direct me to a writeup of how to create the security database and modify the web.config for membership? Thanks! Michael  Hello Michael, You still use the .net framework version 2 version of aspnet_regsql.exe in something like C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727As I understand it ver 3.5 is just adding new features onto the version 2 framework but mostly asp.net is just the same. Hope it helps JeremyRegardsJeremyIf ...

After migration from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 do I have to incorporate new web.config settings in old *.config file
Hi,I have successfully migrated web application from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5. Could you let me know whether I have to incorporate setting in new web.config (this new web.config file was generated automatically due to migration) into old *.config file?FYI: Old *.config file contains all application level settings required. So I will continue to use old.config file by removing new web.config file. Settings which are in new web.config file are:<configSections><sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,...

web web web

Bad web.config in AJAX.NET 1.0 under .NET 2.0 Express
My setup is MS.NET v2.0 with the C# and Web Express editions of 2005. I also installed the AJAX 1.0 release with the respective toolkit as indicated in the AJAX.NET site. However, when I create a new project I am presented with the usual bare bones default.aspx and the web.config. However the web.config shows a lot of warnings and errors.One of them was being that the "requiredPermission" (or something like that) attribute was not recognized. Somewhere on the net there is a post of a correction to the DotNetConfig.xsd schema file in VS.2005 so I used it and it got rid of THAT warning.&n...

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

unable to add a secure java web service to .net thru visual studio add web reference
I have a secure java web service running on my system.   I am able to successfully do a URL based invocation of it and also was able to get the expected SOAP response. It uses the Basic Authentication mechanism to make it secure. So basically when I type the URL in the address bar and invoke it, it asks me for a user name password, I enter it and it runs normally.  Now, when I try to add that web service to a simple asp.net web application thru visual studio add web reference mechanism, it first prompts with a certificate, which I accept and then prompts with Disco...

web config in .net
HI All, I am using VS2005 with C# in web.config i gave timeout as 30 minutes it is working and logout after timeout period.if i gave time out as 1 hour ie 60 minutes then it is not working and its logout after 30 min.what is the problem..   Thanks in advance! Shazz We are also facing the same problem.even I had set Session timeout in IIS ,still not working please suggest the solution.  Hi, maybe this could help  http://sanjaykattimani.blogspot.com/2007/02/net-session-timeout-settings-in-iis6-on.html Regards,Shandy Hidayat, MCPD...

Develop in .NET 3.5...Deploy on .NET 3.0...Assembly strong name issue in web.config
Hi. I develop locally using web developer express 2008. I have .NET 3.5 installed on the development machine.I am trying to deploy to a Windows Server 2003 machine running.NET 3.0.Not surprisingly, I get an error about the strong assembly names referenced all over my web.config when I try to access the site on the production server.I don't think any of my code truly relies on .NET 3.5--it should all be compatible with the 3.0 framework.Here's my error message:Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77...

.net 2.0 Security Web.Config problem (possible IIS issue?)
I have a website I developed using asp.net (vb) that has a protected content sections, users and roles.  The established roles are 'Admin', 'Customer', and 'Employee' The protected directories are the /admin, /employee, and /customer respectively.  User's assigned to the 'Admin' role should be granted access to all three sections.  User's with the 'Employee' role should only be granted access to the /employee section, and user's with the 'Customer' role should only be allowed to access the /customer directory.  ...

running 2 web.configs in the same website 1 in /web.config and one in /swf/web.config
Im having issues doing this. and when i remove the authentication from the swf/web.config it still doesnt seem to be applying to the child website at all. Whats the proper way to set a child website? Thanks!!  The lower most web.config overrides all previous settings. So if you remove the section from the /swf/web.config whatever settings you have in the web.config in the next higher level will have an effect on the content of the child folder.So instead of removing a section, try giving appropriate settings in the /swf/web.config....