Web Application (Forms) > Web Service (Windows) > SQL

Specification :

Developing Web Application with simple login page and user database. After login secure pages communicate with Web Service (Windows authorization). Web Service interacts with MS SQL server. Web Service and SQL require Windows authorization.
How can I manage this ? I tried to redefine Credentials but still same error - no permissions :-(
Dim credentials As NetworkCredential = New _
NetworkCredential("username","password","domain")
Both (App,Serv) have disabled Anonymous access in IIS virtual directories.
I would appreciate any help even link to solution (there must be such a solution).
Regards
danny
0
danny_boy

Website -> Application Configuration -> Security wizard fails with application services database on SQL 2005 SE
Aspnet_regsql seems to run successfully when adding support for all features.  When I then create a new web app, run WebSite -> Application Configuration and select Security Setup, I receive a database connection error.  The same error occurs whether I run aspnet_regsql with my user account using -E option or with a separate account using the -U and -P options.  In both cases, aspnet_regsql appears to successfully add support for all features and returns the message "Finished."  The aspnetdb database is created and appears to include everything needed. Whe...

SOS. >>>>>>>>HELP ME????????>>Web Matrix do not work in Win XP pro
Hi everbody!!!! I have a problem with webmatrix. My problem is?? i install ASP.NET Web Matrix but it is not work. My system is XP pro. I alredy install NET Framework 1.1. The program do not show nothing. But when i open i see picture which there webmatrix after some this disappeared and after i wait but this not work. When i use win 2000 this work excellent. But now problem . I test this in two PC. But no result. I want also add that i install XP sp 2. But Proqram do not work... Thanks!!!! Hi, Can you take a look at these threads: view post 258398 and view post 252245 Regar...

VS 2005 Web Application project >> Web Site project
Hello,I am trying to do the uncommon, change a VS 2005 Web Application project (originally a converted 2003 Web Application project) to a VS 2005 Web Site project. There are many tutorials on how to either take a 2003 Web Application project, or 2005 Web Site project and turn them into into a VS 2005 Web Application project. (Not what I'm looking for)Also, is it possible to convert a 2003 Web Application project to a 2005 Web Site project. (too late for my current projects.... but for future refernce) Many thanx     There may very well be a reason why the road o...

VS. 2003 => VS 2005 Web Site => Web Application Project?
Hi We converted our VS 2003 solution which contained 2 web application and 5 Class Lib projects to the standard Web site 2005 model. Now. Is there a way to convert from this to the new Web Application model automatically? Thanks in regards Anders   Via Scott Guthrie:  If you want to migrate an existing VS 2005 Web Site Project to be a VS 2005 Web Application Project, please also review these other VB and C# migration tutorials that walkthrough the Web Site to Web Application conversion process step-by-step.  This article here also describes some of the diff...

Security in Web Site Administration Tool > Application > SMTP Settings
In order to send an email from our website to user, we need to setup SMTP Settings under Web Site administration tool > Application > SMTP Settings. However, I have a serious problem when configuring the SMTP Settings. My SMTP Server requires authentication, so I need to put in my SMTP's username and password under Authentication. Now, these username and password are actually stored straight in web.config, that means the username and password are not encrypted. For example, mine showing something like this:         <mailSettings> &...

Sql Server 2000->->->->->Data->->->-> Sql Server 2005
How can i migrate data from Sql Server 2000 to  Sql Server 2000 A backup file of SQL 2000 can be restored on SQL 2005   ThanksMark post(s) as "Answer" that helped youElectronic ScrewWebsite||Blog||Dub@i.net...

Comparison Web Form <-> Mobile Web Form
Hi all,Is there any overview of the (dis-)advantages using Mobile Web Forms compared with normal Web Form? I know I need to use Mobile Web Form if it should be accessible with handhelds, but does it make sense using Mobile web Form when the webpage should not be available for handhelds?Thanks!      The benefit on using the mobile web form is the ability to use the mobile controls that had adaptive rendering for different handsets. The built in features of controls like the objectlist and selectionlist are great and and form paging is also a neat thing.If you are not dev...

Web Application and Web Service security
I have a web application that is implementing forms authetication and a web service using WSE 3.0 Direct Authentication with UsernameToken. I have tested each one independently and everything works as advertised. Great!  Now, the piece that I don't understand is how to get the password to setup the token. I can get the username.  For example: 1. The web.config file is setup to deny anonymous users.  2. When the default page is hit the user is directed to the login page. The login in page iplements ASP.net's Login Control and is accessing the memb...

How can I coding --> auto refreshing Crystal report via vb.net-->web form
please help me I must show the report(real time) that data come from database --> (data are from another program) User open my webpage for looking the report-->update data How can I set report automatic. --> automatic refresh<----- thanks so much If your report is using the CrystalReportViewer, and you are not exporting the report to PDF or Excel, I would simply set a META Refresh in the header. Here is a reference: http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/head/meta.html This will cause the page to reload from the server at a specified interval....

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

Viewstate <--> Methods; Session <--> Web Forms; Something?? <--> Email?
This is along shot but I'm cautiously optimistic someone has thought of it long before and possibly an simple answer does exist... If I want to move a thing between methods (I still call them subroutines) I can put the thing in a ViewState and then later take it out. If I want to move a thing between web forms, I can put the thing into a Session and then later take it out. Is there a somethingX that if I want to I can take the thing put it into a somethingX put the somethingX into a file and email the file take the somethingX out of the file read the somethi...

How to consume web service from the windows/web application
 Hi,  Does anyone know why I get this error message while tryiing to connect to a web service from web application or windows application? Unable to automatically step into the server. Connecting to the server machine failed. The debugger cannot connect to the remote computer. This may be because the remote computer does not exist or a firewall may be preventing communication to the remote computer. I have uploaded webservice to my server http://www.jobsken.com/sitejob/worldservice.asmx. It is just a helloworld function which displays the string.  I have checked  wheth...

migrating web site --> web application
I followed Scott's directions for moving a site to an application, and I get "Type xxxx is not defined." and I know this is because it is not seeing certain namespaces. I have all the namespaces defined in my web.config file. So do web apps ignore this? I have system.data.sqlclient and system.xml as references in my project, yet my .vb files seem to not recognize them. I'm at a loss as how to proceed, except to "imports" to each code page or to just go back to using web site projects. Any thoughts? Thank you! Web applications are basically client projects. The code behind and standalong cl...

Web resources about - Web Application (Forms) > Web Service (Windows) > SQL - asp.net.security

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

Sony Mobile, LG reportedly to develop smartphone application processors in-house
... Communications and LG Electronics reportedly will follow the steps of Apple, Samsung Electronics and Huawei to develop smartphone-use application ...

ARM Math Libraries to Speed HPC Applications
At the SC 15 show, the company will demonstrate the libraries that will improve the performance of applications running on 64-bit ARM systems. ...