using ProviderUserKey as an ownerid in database tables? or what should i use?

hey, what should I use from the membership classes as an ownerid in database tables? for example if I am writing a user forum and I want to have a table that lists posts how do I connect the user with their posts with a foreign key? There is no customer unique identifier apart from a guid or email address which could slow my database down id rather use an int.....

Peter Heard
0
peter_heard01

dwfreeman

How to use net use?
Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax error message. Thanks in advance. "Beowulf" <who-knows@no-one.com> wrote in message news:9krutk$puu$1@news.grc.com... > Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? > > I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax > error message. what are you trying to do? There are about 50 options to "net use" that do a ton of different thin...

When to use ( and when to use ((?
I'm just not getting it. When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is the space after either or both mandatory? For example, I coded this statement: if (( $_ eq $bad_guys_ip )) { more_stuff_here }; Why the two (( in an if? And why does it seem to not work when I miss the space after the ((? Thanx! Mark me as... /Corn-fused|Dense/ > I'm just not getting it. >=20 > When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is > the space after either or both mandatory? >=20 > For example, I coded this sta...

Using Using
I have just completed reading a chapter in my book on performance. The books says to speed up performance on your web site you should use the using statement when opening connections. My question is how do you catch errors if you are using this as apposed to a try catch block.thanksBryan  Why would you use it as an alternative to a try/catch statement. Couldn't you just do something like  public void UsingSomeMethod() { try { SomeMethod(); } catch(SomeException e) { /// do something useful }}public void SomeMethod() { using (Something) { /// do something }}  public void SomeMethod()  {    using (Something)     {        try {}       catch(SomeException e) {}    }} Hi,So what is the actual benefit of using the using statement if you still have to put it in a try catch to catch errors, I thought that was the point of using using... to get away from the try catch which is apparently more of a memory chomper. Will it really speed up my apps then? The only benefit i can see it that you dont have to explicitly close your connection which would free up some memory there.Bryan   First of all there are two things, using Statement and using directive, I think you are referring to the 'using' statement. The using statement allows the programmer to specify when objects that use resourc...

using vs.net to create database and tables
hi, my problem is that i knew that i can create databases and tables in the server-explorer of vs.net but i get an message "cannot create database on this server". does somebody hava a clue whats the problem? (I can create a new server-instance but in this new instance I also cannt make a database) Do you have database creation rights on the server? sivilianMy Weblogs Do you have permissions to do so (or, at least the ASPNet user)?David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - ...

When loading gmail must always "reload" once unless using the secure loading site. When using the secure loading site loading takes four times as long. So I don't use the secure loading site, I just
Name: Dwight Metcalfe Email: dwmet1atgmaildotco Product: Firefox Summary: When loading gmail must always "reload" once unless using the secure loading site. When using the secure loading site loading takes four times as long. So I don't use the secure loading site, I just "reload" the other site once automatically just to save time. Hmmmmmmmm. Comments: Only been doing that about a month. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to reade...

How to transfer a GUID created using vb.net into a SQL database using a stored procedure
I am able to create a guid using: Public Function GetGUID() As String ' Returns a new GUID Return System.Guid.NewGuid.ToString End Function however when I try to add this to a parameter using the following: Me.cmdSpAddOptions.Parameters("@QuoteDetailID").Value = GetGUID() I get an error, I have also tried this: Dim uidQuoteDetail As String = GetGUID() Dim myuid = New System.Guid(uidQuoteDetail) Me.cmdSpAddOptions.Parameters("@QuoteDetailID").Value = myuid but get the error "Object must implement IConvertible" A...

How to use the arguments to use() in the package being used
Howdy,=20 The subject says it all believe it or not :) What I'm trying to figure out is how to pass an argument=20 (pragma I believe is the proper term) to use() and do=20 sonethign in the package based on it. I've looked at CGI.pm source but can't seem to track it down.=20 (Similar idea as to CGIs -oldstyle_urls -newstyel_urls) http://search.cpan.org/~lds/CGI.pm-3.04/CGI.pm#PRAGMAS What I'd like to do is something like this: # for old time's sake we'll just use our favorite module use Foo::Monkey qw(:Foo :Bar -doamazingthings); #then in Foo::Monkey...

Any way in IIS 6.0 to secure a directory using a database with logins without using Forms Authentication and Mapping?
I need to protect all files in a directory on a web server. My users have a desktop application they use to connect to the server and look for updates. I had implemented Forms authentication for the directory I'm protecting and included wildcard mapping in IIS. This works very well for when someone tries to access the updates via a web browser. But, the desktop application crashes out because when it accesses that directory, the RedirectURL from the forms authentication won't work. The application doesn't know to open a web browser and ask for authentication.  I may...

How can i return the 5 records from a database table using ado.net
I have an incident reporting management application. People are supposed to report incidents by this application and every time some one reports an incident, they also select thier employee#(reqiured field). so how can write an sql statement that returns only the Top 5 incident reporters i.e going by employee number. Iam thinking of applying a COUNT function on the incident_id and grouping by Employee# but then how do i make sure that only the top 5 incident reporters are returned.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.------------------------------------------...

Get tables and fields from Informix database using VB.NET 2005
Hi, I'm relatively new to VB.NET 2005 Express, and I've managed to connect to an Informix database to display the contents of a specific table in a DataGridView. What I am struggling with is getting the table and fields names from the database, and putting the information into a TreeView so that the user can select the table in the tree, and update the grid with that selected table - but I can't seem to get it to collect the schema information. Ideally, I'd like to have the first node on the tree as the database name, followed by nodes for the table name, and the...

Creating new Tables/View in a SQL Database using VS.NET 2k3
Using server explorer in VS.NET, I can not create new tables or even views for a SQL database for exemple the Northwind DB. When I right click the Tables node I don't have anything labled Create new table, even for views.  Can someone point me how can switch to the design view in VS.NET?  In a Step by Step manner, please.  Thanks.I have been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give me the source code! any help please?I have been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give me the source code!...

How to call or retrieve fields from sql and display in table without using ADO.net, I'm using a dynamic link library....Is the coding different?
Help me! I'm doing my school project on Software Change Management Tool, CR Tracker. I want to display table in the webform, and the table data is retrieve form the sql server. So how do I call the sql so as to display the data in a table? hy..What does that dll contain ?Does it already contains relevant code to connect to a database ? Have a look hereThanksDinuj Nath The easy way to do this is with the use of a data bound grid. The Grid can be customised to look and feel you like. You will need to add a data adapter to your page and a grid. When you setup the data adapter you will nee...

Using jQuery
What are the advantages of using ScriptReference to include a jQuery source in my .NET pages as opposed to using the regular <script src='jquery.js'></script> method? Thanks.Ryan One advantage of the ScriptManager is that you can use application relative paths (e.g. ~/scripts/jquery.js).On a related note, if you're writing something that will be public facing, you might consider using Google's free CDN hosted version of jQuery. Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Latest article: How I handle JSON dates returned by ASP.NET AJAX  Thanks for the reply. I actually discovered your blog yesterday and am really digging it. The article I linked in the previous post outlines the major benefits of using Google's CDN.  Keep in mind that's only applicable to public facing sites.  For Intranet sites, it wouldn't apply.Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Latest article: How I handle JSON dates returned by ASP.NET AJAX...

Catalog tables could not be used and are not available for use
Dear all, I have some problem here, when i create an Access 2000 database, and try to connect it through DB painter, it gives "catalog tables could not be used and are not available for use". I ignore that problem, but now. I try to insert a row through DW painter, but it was gray out, I am very sure that i have created the table with Primary Key. I also have admin permission to the database. This problem just happens today, as last week i used it, it was perfectly fine. Pls help. Here is my spec. Win2K server, PB8.01 evaluation (build 7039) thanks in advance ...

Hi...Please send me some project names on Database management using .net (On other domains also like security systems))
 Hai all.....I am doing projects on .net .....I am unable to find the projects......So I am requesting u all to send some .net project names..........I have done some projects on the Domain like Database management systems (college,Hospital, Airline info, webshopp)...........Now what I want is Some other Domains like security like that and some project names............ Please send me project names ...............

Generate Database using Alter table not Drop table
Hi, I want to generate a database from one of my models but the script it returns uses drop tables when I want it to Alter the tables. Is there a way to specify to use Alters and not Drops? Thanks Are you using modify database directly connected to the database ? or are you using a archived model? <SHayes> ha scritto nel messaggio news:4a0ace87.4d4a.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > > I want to generate a database from one of my models but the > script it returns uses drop tables when I want it to Alter > the tables. > > Is there a way t...

Using database for .NET
Hi there!! I use SQL server for my web application and i know that i can use access. But i want to know, Is it possible to use any kind of database system to connect using .NET or there is some that i can not use like open source ones. Please reply, Thank you !!!Fadil Alnassar www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Controlhttp://www.mefranchising.com Hi, Rather than a list of databases which don't work, how about you asking if the one you need to use is supported! A.Anthony Mason MCSD Hi !! Thank you for your reply.At the moment there is nothing in my mind to use or not but ...

Using Dot Net Nuke to maintain a site developed in VS.NET using C#
Hi,Does anyone know if there is a way to create a site using C# and Visual Studio.NET 2003, but then use Dot Net Nuke to allow non-technical users to add content to the site.  The current state of the site must be accessible in both VS.NET and DNN regardless of which application saved it last.  Also preferably I would like the language used to remain C# even when edited by the marketing staff, so that I can still maintain it myself using VS.NET.  Hope you understand what I mean. If this is not possible, I wonder if anyone knows what solution I am after.   Thanks in adv...

How to use HTTP protocol in .Net Remoting? Thanks and Regards,How to use Http protocol in .net Remoting
<>Hi,     <><>How to use HTTP protocol in .Net Remoting ? Is there any specific code bits requires for that ?    I am using TCP protocol it's working but when i change it to  HTTP it throwing an error like "Arugument null exception"<>  Could  anybody give samples for that? Thanks & Regards,Vijay Here is an example of HTTP remoting:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.runtime.remoting.channels.http.httpchannel.aspxCheers,       Kev...

Help needed on XML database . How to use insert , update etc operations on XML file used as database
Hi !!! I am using an xml file as my database . But I can't  do insert , update and delete ops !!! Some one please help me ...... Pleaseeee help !!!! Its urgent .....     Maybe you need XPath, take a look at:http://www.w3schools.com/xpath/default.asp  Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38...

Use of Net Use command to map a drive
--____ETNOBHIDCKMBHAFMGEBY____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 28 Mar 2008 13:05:52 +0000" I'm trying to find the correct syntax to enable the mapping of a netware = drive from a batch file. We are trying to use a backup utility that logs = into a Windows XP machine remotely, maps the netware drives then backs up = the mapped drives. Finaly it will delete the maps and logout. Has anyone any experience of exactly using the net use command to map a = drive...

Using .NET assembly through COM using cominterop
I have a .NET assembly that I call through COM in a classic ASP application using Cominterop.  It used to work fine, however, it's been some time and I've had to make a change and recompile it.  Unfortunately for me, I can't remember how I registered the thing to tell COM how to instantiate it, i.e running regsvr32 and passing the dll returns and error.  I have a .tlb file but I can't remember if I can use that to register the dll??  Hey it's been one busy couple of months!Need help. You could try PInvoke(platform Invoke) solution in this post.  Hope this help...

Using aspnet_regsql to use a local project database

Web resources about - using ProviderUserKey as an ownerid in database tables? or what should i use? - asp.net.security