Using forms authentication but connect to sql server using windows authentication

Hi

I want to use forms authentication to login to my internet application, but I want to connect to sql server 2000 using windows authentication ( via impersonation of a single windows domain account ) ( Windows 2000 server )

Both web server and sql server are running on different machines

Can you tell me the configurations I need to do to allow this

timoth

timoth by default the ASP.Net will try to connect with your SQl Server using ASP.Net Services Account. If you are not using a Domain Account for ASp.Net service then you can use Mirrored account i.e. create a local account with same name and password as ASPNet service account on SQl Server machine. In machine.config you need to switch of aut generation of password for this account and give your own password that is set never expire value.

  Now you will connect with SQl using single windows Account.
Alternatively you can also impersonate in only particular section of the code by using progmatic impersonation.
ASP.Net Tips & Tricks - Jawad's Blog
0
JawadKhan

Using forms authentication
HiI am writing an internet application that requires forms authentication to login remote usersI also want to connect to sql server using windows authenticationThe question is can Ido this?I thought if I allow IIS anonymous access, create an actual windows account to use for the anonymous access then in web.config, set impersonate = true and authentication mode = formsWill this work Many thanks Windows authentication is not delegatable unless you set up your configuration to use Kerberos.Setting up the anonymous account as a domain account with access to the database and impersonating this...

Use Custom Service Account for connecting to SQL Server using windows authentication
My web server has IIS 6.0 and is not in my company's domain. I created a virtual drectory for the ASP. NET 2005 application. I am trying to connect to SQL server which is in domain with Windows Authentication. I created a local account on WEB SERVER ex. CustomASP, I assigned it with ASP.NET permissions. Created a new application pool with configurable user the local account and assigned the ASP .NET application to the pool. Now I need to create on SQL Server a login & grant access to the custom service account created (handles the application pool). How am i goin...

Cannot connect to local SQL Server using Vista using Windows Authentication. Please help.
I have made a fresh "default" install of Visual Studio 2008 on a fresh install of Vista 32bit. SQL Server 2005 Express has been installed as part of that process. I can access it using SQL Server Management Studio Express but from within Visual Studio I cannot. If I drag an SQL Data Source control onto a page and configure it to connect to the local server (using Windows Authentication) I get.... Cannot Connect.SQL Server does not allow remote connections.Provider: Named pipes provider, error 40 could not open a connection to SQL Server. Please help I am getting desperate!VWGo...

Using ADO to connect to SQL Server 2005 or 2008 (Express and standard) using Windows Authentication
Hi, I apologize in advance if this is an overly simple question or I have simply overlooked the obvious. With the current project (it's client server not n-tier) I'm on, we usually connect using SQL Server authentication. We now have a customer that would like to us to connect to SQL server using Windows Authentication. The customer would like to control all access to SQL server using Active Directory rather than us having the username and password on the client side connecting via SQL Server Authentication. The app is still in D5 (don't ask ;) ), with all t...

Forms authentication using sql server authentication
Hi,  I am working on forms authentication (for admins) who are having sql server 2000 authentication. It means admin enter sql server username and password, i need to check sql authentication, if it is valid i need to give form authentication. Sql server authentication is new for me. But I know how to do  form authentication.  Anybody can help on this?Komakulas  Hi,A good place to learn Forms authentication is 15seconds websitehttp://www.15seconds.com/issue/020220.htm Regards ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest) Hi tried but no use.Komakulas Hi ,  I nee...

How to connect PB .NET Web Forms to MS SQL 2005 via SNC using "Windows Authentication"?
Dear All, I have a PowerBuilder native client / server application which connects fine to the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 back-end database via the SNC native driver using "Windows Authentication" (NOT "SQL Server Authentication"). The corresponding program code being used is as shown below: ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// String ls_userid, ls_password ls_userid = sle_id.Text ls_password = sle_password.Text IF Len(ls_userid) <> 0 AND Len(ls_password) <> 0 THEN // Pro...

Any security issues using Impersonation along with Forms Authentication with Integrated Security (SQL SERVER 2000)?
I currently running a ASP.NET application (Visual studio 2003) with SQL Server 2000. For security I am using forms authentication and integrity security for sql server enabling the ASP.NET account. I am developing a module that create, delete and upload files on  a network directory. If I set impersonation in the web config to true and specify a username/password  will that conflict with my current security? Would it be better to make impersonation specific to this page? Any ideas on the approach?  Thanks    ...

SQL Server 2005 connection using Windows Authentication
is there a way to connect from PB 10.5.1 to SQL Server 2005 using Windows Authentication? On security tab, integrated field add "SSPI" in the connection dialog. Leave user name and password blank. <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:468ebb49$1@forums-1-dub... > is there a way to connect from PB 10.5.1 to SQL Server 2005 using Windows > Authentication? ...

Question on connection to SQL Server using windows authentication
I have a domain user account through which I can log on a machine. The machine allows me to use this domain user account to create DB in SQL Server using windows authentication. How can I define a connection string to connect SQL Server? My connection string is like: string str = "server=(local);uid='"+userName+"';password='"+password+"';database='master';connection timeout=15"; This one works on another machine where I use SA account. But this one does not work using windows authentication. I tried to use domainname\myname as user name, but failed. Cou...

Using both Windows Authentication AND Forms Authentication, how?
I am able to use either Forms Authentication OR Windows Authentication but cannot manage to find a solution to using them both. Basically I want to figure out how to set Admin roles for specific users. I would still use windows authentication for them and everyone else in general. But the Admin users (after having passed Windows authentication) have the option of loging into the site via the form in order to Edit their pages. This prevents users from logging onto their system, getting passed Windows Authentication and editing content. This will also allow them to experience the visit a...

SQL Server using Windows NT Authentation connection string
Database Server: SQL Server 2005 Server = tsohaephqdb001 Database = D01DMAINTPLAN Process Id: Windows NT Authentation Login = asplog Password = 123456   IIS Server:  (separate machine from server) ASP.NET Version 2.0.50727Anonymous Access = TrueUser Name = asplogPassword = 123456All other options = False  (Generated by ASPRunner.Net) web.config: <?xml version="1.0"?> <configuration>   <appSettings>     <add key="...

How to use both Windows Authentication and Forms Authentication
I've been reading for days on the net various articles that claim various ways to mix both windows and forms security; but none of them are totally concrete; or they do not work when I try them. I would like my app to use Windows Authentication; but if the user is not authenticated through Windows, then I would like my app to prompt for a logon and pwd and authenticate that logon and pwd against a custom database.  However, I believe that if I take any of the following approaches, they will all fail.  Am I correct?  1) If I use "Windows Authentication", then I can't make thi...

Why do we often use SQL Authentication to connect to SQL server?
Hi,From Building Secure ASP.NET application book, I see that Window Authentication is more secure than SQL Authentication when you connect to database. You don't have to secure the credentials. However, it seems that many Web applications are using SQL Authentication than using Window Authentication. Why does it happen? Can you explain to me, please?Thank in advance,Duc  Windows authentication requires a Windows login account.  This requires client access licenses.  A hosting service with 500 sites on a server would require 500 client access licenses for Windows, simply ...

Will IIS 7 Application Pool Identity Always be Used as the User When Authenticating to SQL Server Using Integrated Security?
 Hello, Will the IIS 7 application pool identity always be used as the user when authenticating to SQL Server using Integrated Security in an application's connection string?If you reply with a yes or no answer, could you please post a link to somewhere that describes the use of Integrated Security connections with ASP.NET applications?  In my case, IIS7 & SQL Server 2008 are running on the same machine.Thank You for any help! Hi,DarinessIIS 7.application pool runs under "Network Service" account by default.SQL Server Integrated Security is applied through...

Web resources about - Using forms authentication but connect to sql server using windows authentication - asp.net.security

Authentication - Facebook-Entwickler
Please note: On October 3, 2012, the offline_access permission will be removed. If you are building...

Facebook Adds Two Factor Authentication for Login and Redesigns Family Safety Center
... announced the release of several new tools to help users stay safe while using the site. Soon, users will be able to enable two factor authentication ...

YouTube - How To Hack Twitter's New Two Factor Authentication
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 Connect! http://toopher.com http://facebook.com/toopherinc http://twitter.com/toopher CEO Josh Alexander wants ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

Two-factor authentication: double or nothing
An extra layer of security keeps hackers at bay.