System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized

I am trying access a webservice through my web application but i am getting this error, can you please help me to get rid of this error?

Exception::System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at FORIS.TelCRM.RequestManagement.CustomerCare.UI.RequestManagementWSAddRemoveService.AddRemoveServices.GetBalance(String InputXML)
   at FORIS.TelCRM.RequestManagement.CustomerCare.UI.AddRemSHiddenForm.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Awais

0
shawais

Try to set the default credential also follow the following thread here http://forums.asp.net/t/1190460.aspx for a quick check list .

Hosam Kamel

Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you
0
HosamKamel

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Hello, I hope you can help me. All Ive been trying to do for the last month is set up a test Web Service but Ive seemed to have run into problems every step of the way; from hardware set ups to authentication setting etc. Okay, I have a Web Service (TestWebService in IIS) that makes a connection to SQL Database. I also have an ASP.Net consumer page (TestWebServiceConsumer in IIS) that displays the content of the database in a GridView on a Button event. Both work fine by themselves, both are set to use ASP.net 2, Annoymonous: IUSR & Intergreated Windows Authentication. Both ar...

Exception::System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized [:'(]
I am trying access a webservice through my web application but i am getting this error, can you please help me to get rid of this error?  Exception::System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)   at FORIS.TelCRM.RequestManagement.CustomerCare.UI.Requ...

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Access Forbidden
 Hi,    In My Asp.NET Application i am using a web service (MainWebservice) which further call another webservice(ChildWebService) for first two call its works fine but after third call i am geting this exception from ChildWebService [5556]ERROR PortalServices.ServiceImplementation.CampaignManagement [(null)] - The request failed with HTTP status 403: Access Forbidden. System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Access Forbidden. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage m...

system.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 405: Method Not Allowed. Error in Calling Web Service Function
Hello Friends, I am using a web service to get availability information. i have only following url http://webservices.micros.com/ows/5.1/Availability.wsdl I added Web References to the VS 2008 project , then i tried C# proxy class created from wsdl tool But when i am calling any function from code it gives following error system.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 405: Method Not Allowed. Please check the following page http://go-dev.com/clients/newyorkerhotelTest/reservations.aspx And click the Check Availability Button. Please tell me what...

i ve got System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, failed. exception
hi everyone i created windows form user control and i embedded it to asp.net web for , my user control sends mail using by System.Net.Mail library but when i open my web site and click to send button that on my user control  i ve got this exception System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.    what can i do ? my best regards ..    Couple of questions: 1) Are you running this from an IIS installati...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Hi,  I am 100% that my USerIS and Password are fine.  But I still get error 401 for the code below.  Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. using System; using System.Drawing; using System.IO; using System.Web; using BREWServer.MapPointService; using System.Collections.Specialized; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; namespace BREWServer { /// <summary> /// Summary description for WebForm1. /// </summary> public class WebForm1 : System.Web.UI.Page { private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) {   RenderServiceSoap renderService = new ...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
I am trying to call a web service but get the following error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.The weird thing is I can call the web service fine using a nunuit test. When I call the same web service using the same code in the web application it fails. I am using the following code below. MyObject.WebService webService = new MyObject.WebService (); webService.Url = System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["WebServiceUrl"]; webService.PreAuthenticate = true; webService.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; return webService.Retr...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized
After moving my site to my test server I have this error message on line 4 when trying to use the ReportViewer. When running in VWD it works fine. 1 Dim RptParameters(0) As Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter 2 RptParameters(0) = New Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter("ProjectId", CStr(Session("CurrentProject"))) 3 4 ReportViewer1.ServerReport.SetParameters(RptParameters) 5 ReportViewer1.ServerReport.Refresh()  My web.config is: <authentication mode="Windows"/> <identity impersonate="true"/>  My understanding is that ...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Hi i am having an web application which uses Windows logins, now i have a webservice in which i am using diff methods in it to update my things , but when i am trying to do itis giving me the error like  The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.   I HAVE ALREADY TRIED  IMPERSONATE=TRUE   My code is as shown below::WbsvTimesheet.TimesheetDataSet timesheetDs = new WbsvTimesheet.TimesheetDataSet(); WbsvTimesheet.TimesheetDataSet.HeadersRow headersRow = timesheetDs.Headers.NewHeadersRow(); headersRow.RES_UID = a; //Resource UID for which Resource we ne...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Hello, I got this error on a webform I just created with a reportviwer object The strange thing is theat the user has permissions on the report. Server Error in '/PruebasVs2005' Application. The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.Source Error: An unhandled excepti...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Hi, I now is using asp.net (vbscript) and SQL 2005 Reporting Services. I have create a report from SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio,  on the sql report application is work, but after I plug-into reportviewer show me below message. use Remote mode The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. for Local mode A data source instance has not been supplied for the data source 'databasename'. thk The solution is here http://www.taznetworks.com/rss/2006/03/crm-30-sbe-sql-reporting-error.html and / or here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. #3
Hello,  I have created a web service and am trying to use it in a Windows application, but when I run my project I get the following error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.  I've created a virtual directory in IIS and am trying to run it locally. Any thoughts would be great.  Here is my code:  private void Submit1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {Simple1.Trythisout svc1 = new Simple1.Trythisout(); SvcOutput1.Text = svc1.WakeUp(SvcInput1.Text);   } Have you set the virtual directory so that allows anonymous authentication (allow ...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. #4
This is driving me mad. I have a web service running on one of our servers. I have a .net web application running on my local machine. The .net web app calls the web service.  When I test the service from within VS (using the asp.net development server) the app calls the web service fine. But, when I switch to testing the app through iis localhost, I get The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Now - I've tried adding network credentials to the web service reference. I've tried setting identy to impersonate. I have allow annoymous access ticked and windows auth...

System.Net.WebException- The request failed with the error message

Web resources about - System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized - asp.net.security