Single Users Profile and All Users Profiles List - how ?

I've made a discussion forum. And I have also installed simply asp.net membership. Now I want after click on user link to redirect to the page with User's info.

I have simply user "John" and user "Bob" and everyone can click on those names and will see page with informations stored in Profile (Like Profile.Name, Profile.Address).

I have three simply question:

1. How to show profile values of other User ? Like I wrote above.

2. How to list all users with for example their e-mails ? I mean: UserLogin - UserName - UserMail

3. Or the easier way is to make new table with those all information and throw away this profile method ?

0
Grzesiek23

I published and MSDN article and created a code generate that generates a class that works with ObjectDataSource that will help you with that. Here is the link

 http://peterkellner.net/2006/03/13/adding-personalization-via-profiles-to-the-objectdatasource-in-aspnet-20/

Peter Kellner
http://73rdstreet.com and blogging at
http://PeterKellner.net
MVP, ASP.NET
0
pkellner

User and User Profile Storage
How would you handle these situations? 1st Situation Storing user and user's profile information in the database. I have two ideas to handle this. #1) Store all the users information in one table #2) Store only the information needed to login the user in the user table, and have a userProfile table to store the rest of the user's profile information. Why? #1) Easy to build queries for, but will cause more overhead when the user is simply logging in. However, it will cause a lower overhead when looking up a user's profile information, as there will be no need to do table jo...

User Wordlist in User-Profile
high i saw in the TID10080800 that it is possible to point the User Word-List in example to a network drive like H:\\WT61US.UWL. how can i point it to the Userprofile like C:\Document and Setting\%USER%\\WT61US.UWL so it is copied to the server everytime the user logs out, but it is local for the notebook user's ? i dont now how to set it in the registry, that it point to the User-Profile. thanks Sascha Sascha, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has you...

Allowing users to view other users profiles
 Iv created a basic social networking site Using the built in membership roles provider and its working great. So far users can signup and create a profile, login edit their profile and upload an avatar. Also close their account and view a list of all site members.  But the one thing Iv not firgured out yet is how to allow users to view the profiles of other users. What I want to do is have a the usernames in the userlist display link to the the profile of the particular user. Now I assume I will have to send the username in the query string to the profile page but how do I extract...

user table/user profile ques
hi i have my own user table with user profiles, password etc...how to merge it with the dnn user table... is there any way. i am confused as it seems i wil have to create 100's of user in order to make dnn fucntioning for al the usersany inputs on this?thanks somebody must have faced some issues ref the same?/// anyone has any idea..   pls suggest i am stil looking for any info /feedback if anyone can giveit will be a big helpthanks In general, it is possible in DNN3 by writing your own membership provider, replacing the original Microsoft membership provider, that is used as a...

User Profiles
Hi Whats the best way for uploading photos? Is there a DNN control or standard? I need to store a photo against a user for my UserData - User Profiles module (see dumbTV for 90% finished version - click on any username to see the details - some of them have photos already from my old site, but theirs no way to maintain them currently). I really don't want to have to code this all again and I was hoping this would be in a control already I could just add to my form? And also, how/where should I store it? Under PortalID\Profiles\UserID? Or do I dump them all into the root (I know in ...

Accessing Profile of users other than current user.
I want to access profile of other users. I want to allow my members to visit other members profile. I am not going to disply the senstive information. The default sql profile provider access to profile of current user only. Hi you need to use the getProfile function as follows:ProfileCommon UserProfile = Profile.GetProfile(UserName); UserProfile.PropertyName1=....   Please read this related thread : http://forums.asp.net/p/1243638/2279740.aspx   Regards,Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wron...

Users customise their profile page for all users
Hi there I am a bit of a newbie to ASP.NET.  All my web development experience before has been with good old asp pages! So anyways here's what I was wondering.  I have a page called ViewProfile which displays the information about a particular user.  The information is pulled from a users table stored in SQL server.  The user profile displayed is determined by the id parameter passed in the url (for example - ViewProfile.aspx?id=123).  This allows other users of the system to see another users profile (the appropriate links etc are on the pages). Now here'...

Retrieving User profile values for all users.
Hi, I had a search but could not find the answer to this question.  I am wanting to be able to retrieve all the individual profile values for every user and then show their first and last name in a drop down list so that I can select the name (value will be username).  I thought of gathering all the usernames in a datareader, then looping through each username and add the user profiles to a dataset, but how do I get the user profile values? I have found how to get the profile values for individual users when they have logged in using the ProfileBase =  HttpContext.Current.Pr...

Modify User Information / User Profile
I have been rooting around looking for the answer... with no luck... I want to modify the User Information / User Profile collected, for example delete MSN, AIM and Yahoo and add City, State and Zip. Where is this? Is it right in front of my nose? Thanks in advance, (again). The table in the DB is the Community_Users table. You will have to either extend this table, or create a new table using a foreign key relationship to the users table to hold your new fields. You probably don't need to mod any stored proc though since the profile procedures use select * (bad design, but ...

manage default user profile for all users
We're are halfway through a rollout of all new machines (W2K SP3). I just discovered that you can change the default user profile to a custom one by copying over the default user profile in W2k. This could save me tons of time, as it takes care of all the nitpicky stuff (IE6, Office 2k, media player, etc) that one has to setup for each user. Unfortunately, we've already ghosted our machines with the standard default user profile (and I'm not planning on going back and reloading a custom profile on each machine). My question is this. Is it possible using z...

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection
This is my first time to deploy an asp.net2 web site. Everything is working fine on my local computer but when i published the web site on a remote computer i get the error "Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection will be closed" (only in pages that try to access the database) Help pleaseee Hi You could take a look at this : http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=152338&SiteID=1Sincerely,Young Fang Hi ...

User logs in, loads another users profile.
I hope i'm posting in the correct place, I'm not sure if this is an AD issue or a Novell client issue, or ConsoleOne. User A logs into windows XP with the correct user name and password, it logs him in but loads User B's profile. Both users have never logged into the computer so it's not loading a cached profile, it always loads users B's profile, doesn't matter which computer. If user B logs in it is fine. I checked both users profiles in AD and ConsoleOne and all seems to be set correctly. We do not use roaming profiles, nor do we use terminal se...

How to store user profile information during create user?
Hi, I'm just try to store user information during create user via CreateUserWizard that add Textbox, DropDownList and RadoButtonList. How to store data form control to UserProfile (via CreateUserWizard) ? Note. I set DisableCreatedUser = true because want to proof user befor activate. (Begining ASP.net V2.0, VB, VWD 2005 Express Edition) Here is some example c# code that I have in the CreateUser event of the CreateWizard command.  I also do some stuff after this but I think this is the code you are interested in.     protected void CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(objec...

Roaming user profile in users home directory
Hi, hope you can help out... When a user logs in to NetWare, the %home_directory is mapped to <volume>:USER\<username> on the NetWare server. Roaming profile is enabled via a NDS user package, to store the user profile in user home directory. User profile should be copied to the local workstation upon login and copied back to the server upon logout. There are space restrictions on the user�s home directories. We found that some user�s home directory is full, but they are not getting any error when they log out. Only that the user profile, e.g., USER.DAT or items...

Web resources about - Single Users Profile and All Users Profiles List - how ? - asp.net.security

Profiles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I've certainly enjoyed working with Rick... I think it's useful and important to change the people you work with. You get so stuck in certain ...

Profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook To Introduce Replies Feature For Comments On More Popular Pages, Profiles
Facebook began testing a feature it referred to as threaded comments last November, as reported at the time by sister blog Inside Facebook , ...

Sports tech firm PlayUp in liquidation after burning $70 million of high-profile investor funds
PlayUp, in which Malcolm Turnbull once invested $1 million, is in liquidation.

How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile and Generate More Leads
... say they use social media in the recruiting process, 87 percent specifically use LinkedIn . So what’s the best way to ensure you’re profile ...

Science-backed ways to make your online dating profile irresistible
... OUT: Tinder isn’t the only reason the dating scene is terrible for women right now DON'T MISS: Science-backed ways to hack your Tinder profile ...

Is Karlie Kloss referencing a Taylor Swift-rift in her new Elle UK profile?
Karlie Kloss covers the March issue of Elle UK. I like Karlie a lot, but I usually find her interviews sort of boring. She’s very wholesome, ...

Who You Are — EV Enthusiast Profile
... the respondents, this is basically a look at who you are. One of the four surveys was directed only [&hellip Who You Are — EV Enthusiast Profile ...

Ashley Madison's new security feature: Masked profile photos
Ashley Madison's infamous hack last summer exposed millions of cheaters, so the infidelity dating site rolled out a new security feature this ...

Ashley Madison Offering Profile Photo Masks, Rendering Users Completely Unrecognizable To Their Loved ...
... — say, if the company suffers another massive hack attack that leaks their identities — Ashley Madison has some solutions to keep their profiles ...