Single user having access to multiple Applications

Using the standard membership and roles DB is it possible set it up so that a single user can have access to multiple applications?

0
jharwood

Hi jharwood,

Yes, it's possible to be achieved. You use a single membership database for multiple applications. Then all the applications will have the same users. If you want to implement SSO(single sign on), you could check this article for details.

Thanks.

David Qian
Microsoft Online Community Support

Wencui

Single user with access to multiple applications
Hi There I am implimenting the .NET 2.0 Membership system within a set of applications I am working on.  I am using the SqlMembershipProvider. I want to know if it is possible to give 1 user account access to multiple applications.  Looking at the DB schema, there seems to be a 1 to 1 membership between a User and an Application. Ideally I want a 1 to Many relationship.  This would affectively allow us to grant an existing user access to new applications as they are developed.  It would also allow a user to log in, and be presented with a list of Applications they...

Mapping a single user to multiple applications
I want to implement a single user sign on system for several web applications using the membership provider in asp.net 2.0 but having examined the schema of the generated schema for the database I have found a problem. The primary key in the aspnet_users table is user_id as it is in the aspnet_membership table. This makes it difficult for a user to use the same login for several applications. I know it is possible to apply the same application name to the web.config file in several sites so that the user list applies across applications. The only problem with this is that&nb...

Multiple type of Users, with Multiple User login pages in one web application
Hello Friends, I have a situation in my website.I am using form authentication in my web application where I have two type of usersMerchants & Customers Merchants sign in from url/msignin/default.aspx and after sign in it redirects to secure folder /merchants/welcome.aspx and Customers sign in from/csignin/default.aspx and after sign in it redirects to secure folder /customers/welcome.aspx Now I am confused on the point that I only have one login url in my web.config file and only one default url. How can i make these two situations work on my same application. Please help. ...

Single Powerbuilder Application Accessing multiple database
My current PB6.5 application is running on an NT4 and Oracle 8i platform. I would like to know if it is possible for a single PB application accessing more than one database. I was thinking of building an interface within my existing application to access a Lotus Note database while at the same time logon to the Oracle database. Can this be done easily? Does anybody got a PB application that looks at two databases? Regards, PB Apps Developer Sure. Just create and connect another transaction object. Meng_Woon wrote in message ... >My current PB6.5 application is running o...

Multiple user cannot access the application...need help
Hi All,  I have created web application using vb.net and deployed on the windows 2003 server. what is happening that multiple user cannot  access the application means when one user access the page and he is doing some processing on the application  like want to retrieve the user details and at the same time when another user try to access the application for some other  processing then first user's processing get stop.  and it is giving error message :  'ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted'  can u tell me what is the proble...

Accessing IIS integrated security website from .NET application?
So I have an application on webserver1 using FORMS authentication (allows anonymous access to login page so running under ASPNET account). In this application there are links to a website on webserver2 that does not allow anonymous access and requires windows integrated security. So basically when you click on a link from the application to webserver2 an authentication popup window appears.  What I'd like to do is pass the authentication information from my application (on webserver1) to webserver2 so that the page I'm calling (via a simply linkbutton) does not produce an ...

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

URGENT - HELP
Hi, I need some urgent help on a small problem. In Active directory, i've some users that have multiple email addresses created of either Type "Custom" or Type "SMTP" Through the search/filter objects I can only get the primary email address, How do I access the remaining 2-5 email addresses that maybe existing on the user?  Also how do I update/change one of the email addresses in VB.NET? thanks for your help here's the code that i'm trying to implement: objDirSearcher.Filter = "(&(objectClass=user)(sn=" + Name + "))"  ...

How to handle different access level of multiple users with Single LoginView Template
 Hello All,I have to use LoginView Control of Microsoft.Problem:Suppose I have 2 Users (User A and User B). And My web page has 2 buttons 'Insert' and 'Edit'.User A can can press the both buttons on my page but User B can only Press the 'Edit' button.I have been told to use LoginView Control. but the problem is that for both above mentioned users , I have to create 2 separate templates. I just want to create a single template which can behave in a required manner (as discussed above).Thanks in Advance. Waiting for your Kind Reply.ThanksYasir Mehmood  ...

Managing security
Hi all I've been helped out a lot with regards to roles/ membership etc. but have a couple of queries. I have a group of people who have the role of PracticeManager. These people log in and are then forwarded to a folder/pages whereby they can submit documents relating to schemes they are involved in. Each user on logging in must only see content which is specific to them. e.g. Documents that they have uploaded and database content that they have created. Each user will upload similar documents and create similar rows in a database but cannot be allowed to view other peoples submissi...

Single user access on MS Access database
We just transitioned our DATA volume from a Netware traditional volume to a iSCSI connected NSS volume on a NetApp Filer FAS 270. Netware 6.5 Since the move we've noticed a MS Access database issue arise. When the database is opened by the next user they receice the error message: "MSysAccessObjects can not be opened it is currently opened by another user" This is an Access file table not a custom table. Is it a Oplocks and/or File Caching issue on the server? If so, where can I tuen that off? Does anyone know of any issues regarding MS Access and NSS volu...

Setting multiple users after being in single user mode
How do I go from single user to multiple user mode in an NT server? Sybase SQL Server version 11.0.3 using NT on a Compaq Proliant platform. I needed to load the master database from a backup and as directed needed to be in single user mode. The only way I could see to this was by setting the command line parameter to "-m" which I did using the Sybase configuration program. Master then loaded ok and I then logged in successfully as sa from a client. In order to switch back to multiple users, I again ran the configuration program (with no users logged in). When requested...

Single ftp with single database and multiple applications on it
Hi, I have to work on a project like a single ftp with single database such that i can manage multiple applications running on this server and database, how should i start it. Any suggestion please...Thanks & RegardsPankaj Kumar Verma Hi, I'm not sure if i've misunderstood your question. But do you want to let your users connect to your server's file system by using FTP software, and also, connect to the database instance on your server? If so, you can install such FTP host softwares like Serv-U, and create new accounts, set the folders for your different user. In this ...

Single user fine
Using Web.pb my application operates fine until more than one browser attemps to do things - then the pb app crashes, sometimes with a Doctor Watson and some times it just disappears. Any ideas ? The SQL ANYWHERE datatbase which comes with IDT is a single user database, So it crashes when it gets multiple connection requests. We had same problem when we were using the SQL ANYWHERE database which comes with IDT. YOu have to buy a separate multiuser SQLANYWHERE userlicence inorder to use. BYE! Richard Green <rg@essential.com.au> wrote in article <33F574B0.5B8A@essential...

Web resources about - Single user having access to multiple Applications - asp.net.security

Miller accused's bail application adjourned until Friday
One of the two men charged with causing the one-punch death of Brisbane teenager Cole Miller will stay behind bars until at least Friday.

Apple Stores planned for India as application is filed with regulators
... India Times , the company has recently taken a major step in accomplishing that goal. According to the report, Apple has just filed an application ...

Tech City UK received just 37 applications for a visa scheme that could allow 200 tech immigrants to ...
Tech City UK, a taxpayer-funded government organisation, has received just 37 applications since April 2015 for a dedicated technology visa that ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Toshiba expands ApP Lite processor family for wearable applications
Toshiba has announced the launch of TZ1201XBG, an application processor for wearable devices, as the latest addition to its ApP Lite family for ...