Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error

hi

i have a web service on web server.
i have a windows application on my local computer.
i want to use that web service, as a web reference, but it cause the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 37:            by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.
Line 38:     -->
Line 39:     <authentication mode="Windows" />
Line 40:
Line 41:

Source File: d:\DZHosts\LocalUser\ma\ma.somee.com\WebServicenew\web.config    Line: 39

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

any idea?

regards
0
aliass

Check
http://harishmvp.blogspot.com/2004/12/you-may-receive-error-it-is-error-to.html

Write back if this doesnt solve your issue.

Thanks.

regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh

Configuration Error ~ Server Error in '/' Application
Hi everybody, I have uploaded my web application to my webhoster but I receive the following error when I 'run' my website from the remote host.Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the conne...

Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error.
 Hi, I have a problem. My asp.net website runs fine on my local server. I use Cassini. But on most of the other computers that I have tested my website, it reports error. Here's the error:   Please help, it's urgent!P.S. I'm newbie!  :) The image is not visible in my browserJoydeep SenDotnet DeveloperDont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers  Server Error in '/' Application. __________________________________...

GoDaddy Login control Error, Server Error in '/' Application. error: 26
Hi,  I have developed a website in asp.net and published the webpages and database to the remote server as per the instructions of godaddy help site article. I have also updated the connection string in web config file so that it points to the database on remote server. Site was working fine when I tested on my local site. connection string also works fine on remote server, which is proved by the grid view information displayed on the home page, however when I go to the Login Page and try to login I get the below error message and the same error message when I try to create a new user ...

.NET Error Message "Server Error in '/' Application."
I continue to get this error message randomly for several .NET applications and I'm trying to determine if this issue is "Permissions" or "Application Configuration" related.  What are the necessary NTFS security groups and rights that should be applied to the file directories?  Or what is the resolution to resolving this complex problem? HELP! moblack29   The first step is posting the full error message. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

My remote site will not log-in or successfully create an account, it says 'RUNTIME ERROR' 'Server Error in '/' Application' (does work in local) PLEASE HELP! thanks
Hi, I have VB2005 and i made a form using the video from 'Get Started' and I used the default wizard (ie: Login, Create Account...) When i publish via frontpage i use 'FTP' first and then 'Frontpage or Sharepoint Services'. Note my host is ASP.net 2.0 enabled and Frontpage Server Ext. 2002... When i open my site www.thegamehouse.co.nz and go into create account, I create an account but when i click 'Create' it loads real slow for 10 secs then says the following: (Actual Error) Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the...

hosting error at brinkster.com (Server Error in '/' Application, Runtime Error )
HelloI have hosted my student project at brinkster.com, in my pc it runs quite fine, but at brinkster it gives following error messgae.  Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a &l...

Runtime Error
Hi,I am working on this website, shared hosting account with godaddy.com. None of the aspx pages are working. It was working fine until yesterday. First I thought it must be some syntax error in web.config file, but everything looked fine. I then replaced it with a brand new bare bones web.config file. It is still not working. I changed the customerrors mode to off, it displays the same error. If its not the web.config file, can any one tell me what else could be causing this problem? Even dummy .aspx pages with nothing inside it will not work. Godaddy customer support sucks, they k...

Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error
hi every body   can any one solve my problem. Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error .   i cannot able to access my server take a look at this...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823379 Are you trying to run the application through IIS? have you set up the correct version of ASP.NET in the properties window, under the ASP.NET tab for the application within IIS?Please remember to Mark As Answer if helpfulRegards,Christiandev, MCPD Web & MCTS Windows ...

Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error
Hi. I am getting the following error on some new pages I made. ***************************** Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'studiojp.toothorn1'. Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="toothorn1.aspx.vb" Inherits="studiojp.tootho...

Dreader error: Server Error in '/' Application.
I'm getting this error: Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root...

Server Error in '/' Application.
Maybe you can tell me what to look for to resolve this error? I have an admin section for a website in C#.NET. I get the below error when trying to login, basically anytime I try to access a page that uses the database. The thing is, the whole thing works fine on my local machine at work and at home. I get the error when trying it on our live server. So I'm thinking it is a setting on the server maybe? Any ideas of what I should check? Thank!!! -Jon -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------...

Strange Server Error in '/' Application error
Hi ! Just updated to 3.1.1 without any errors.All the websites are running just fine except for one. It says: "Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag with...

Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime error
I always get this error : "Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime error" when i want to launch my site, its online, and when i want to debug it localy it works fine, but only when i put it online I get that error...   Can somebody help me?  you need to set custom errors to "off" in your web.config so you can see the real problem (exception details) on the remote machine:<customErrors mode="Off" />Mike BellMy Code Blog Mike Bell:  you need to set custom errors to "off" in your web.config so you can see the real pr...

Server Error in '/' Application
I found other posts that were similar to my problem but not exactly.  I have a web app that I built in VS 2003. I built it on our intranet server but I do the development on my office pc. It makes debugging difficult to say the least but I was new to Visual Studio when I did it.  Anyway, periodically, I get the above error and have to go back into the IIS Admin Console and find that my application is no longer an application but just a folder. I have to recreate the application in the properties and then everything is fine until next time. The last time, I had a file that I had e...

Web resources about - Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error - asp.net.security

Configuration management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The CM process is widely used by military engineering organizations to manage complex systems , such as weapon systems, vehicles, and information ...

Facebook Taps Opscode Private Chef For Configuration, Management Of Servers
How does Facebook manage its ever-growing plethora of servers , configurations, administrative access policies, and the other tasks that go along ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

Top tech companies plug into renewable power - Configuration / maintenance, Google, Microsoft, Networking ...
Leading tech companies like Microsoft, Google and Apple are making huge inroads in the use of renewable energy for corporate facilities and data ...

New 15-inch 2.5 GHz MacBook Pro unboxed and compared to other 2015 configurations
Apple’s new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display is here and available in a few different configurations. We’re take a closer look at the ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...