Roles - Add User to Role

I'm using a CreateUserwizard control and in the code behind for CreatedUser event I am trying to add the following single line of code:

 Roles.AddUserToRole ... etc.

However, Intellisense does not show Roles. (I am seeing RoleServiceManager but not Roles)

Any idea why?

I have Visual Studio 2008 and the project is targeting .NET Framework V3.5. Also, I have <roleManager enabled="true"> in the web.config file.

0
Keep

Intellisence will work automatically, There is no relation to web.config, if any problem use,

using System.Web.Security;

0
Mani55

Roles, roles, roles
Hey is it posible o have a role for a user to only update the content? I don't want that user to change skins or to make other admin changes... up I think if you allow a role to edit contents on a module level he wont be able to change anything else. Did you try that? cheers, erikErik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands if you allow a role to edit contents in a module lets say discussions module, then that role will be able to edit, delete the threads. so for a role to be able to add new thread only, do we need to write our own code?-keeara g------------------ keeara, see...

Creating User Account Without Default Security Role (Registered User Role)
  My DNN version is 3.1.1. The portal is set to Private Registration. Unauthenicated users have access to the basic pages of the site. We require my company's current customers to register and be approved to have access to all other pages that contain information restricted to them (the major part of the site). As you know, authorizing a user account applys the Registered User security role by default and this is how I control access to the customer areas.  We want to create a page that will be used by Marketing to allow potential customers by login to...

Manage Users For This Role / Manage Roles For This User Question
In the roles/user management pages there is a link called Manage Users For This Role and Manage Roles For This User respectively. I want non Admins to be able to see these pages, and currently I have it so that they can see the manage users and manage roles pages. However, when a non admin clicks on Manage Users For This Role or Manage Roles For This User link it does not display the control, just an empty page. I can get around this by giving edit rights to the page, but I do not want them to have edit rights for the page. Any ideas? Thanks  ...

Duplicate Security Roles Showing up In Security Roles Manager
Anyone have any ideas?  We have had and instance of 3.0.13 with one child portal running for about a month now.  A few days ago our adminstrator noticed that we have duplicate entries for security roles. For example, the Security Roles Manager shows:Name Description Fee Every Period Trial Every Period Public Auto   Administrators Portal Administration         False False   Administrators Portal Administration         False False  Registered Users Registered Users    &n...

Delete Roles how affect Users in that roles
Dear all,  I know that Roles.deleteRoles(e.command.arguement). If deleted the roles, how the users if they belong to that roles. Would their roles also be dropped? I mean if looping the user roles. What will be the result. hi the delete will fails if there is a usrs assigend to the role , so before you want to delete the Role, you should remove the users from that role ,by using Roles.RemoveUserFromRole(UserName,RoleToDelete)   http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa478950.aspx http://forums.asp.net/p/1181608/2004433.aspxRegards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesi...

Populating roles and user/role mappings
I am using asp.net 2.0 and want to use role-based security using windows authentication and sqlserver.  I have setup my web.config to do this successfully and am able to add roles and user mappings via code.  However, at this point I don't want to build a page that allows the maintenance for this because I want to get this website done quickly, so I just want to input the roles and user mappings intially and have them stored in the database.  When the website is up, I will have to add users from time to time and possibly modify user/role mappings as w...

Problem : Get a list of user belonged to a role or to know if a user already has a role
What code can I write to know if a user belonged to a Role already ? and How can I get a list of a  user already in an existing role ? Please have a look at my code below : Protected Sub AddUsers_OnClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnAddUsersToRole.Click' I wanna add some code here to check if a user already belonged to a Role' Please insert your code here. Thanks a lot. ' A role must be selected If RolesListBox.SelectedItem Is Nothing Then Msg.Text = "Please select a role." Exit Sub End If ...

roles User.IsInRoles() and Roles.IsUserInRole()
Have some problems with roles    When I use  User.IsInRole("Admin") it retuns false even that it exists in the database and it appears when I run the code below. string[] test = Roles.GetRolesForUser();string hepp = "";foreach (string tst in test){    hepp += tst + "<br/>";} it returns Admin.with other words Roles.IsUserInRole("Admin") is true.Roles --> contains the roles but it is not transfered to User.   What am I doing wrong? Hur får jag User.IsInRole() till true? Can you post the code tha...

Membership and Roles
Hi all, Is there a way to allow the user choose a role from a selection you provide them with? e.g. I have 3 types of users: admin, contractor, and landlord. Of course I don't want them to be able to assign themselves admin role, so how would I proceed? (I'm using C# by the way) This is what I have so far. Please note "Roles...();" is where I am stuck: -within my aspx page i have: <asp:WizardStep ID="CreateUserWizardStep2" runat="server" Title="Contractor or Landlord?"> <asp:ListBox ID="ListBox1" runat=&q...

Login controls
HiI'm building a web app in visual studio 2005 and I'm setting up a 'create user' page for the admin part of the app. I'm creating a customised CreateUserWizard so that I can add a user to the asp.net membership list (in database on my server) and also add some info to one of my tables (user first name, faculty they work for etc).  I want to be able to let the admin user allocate roles (those already defined in my config) from a drop down list. I want to inculde this in my create user wizard, and have an 'update user' section where I can change their role the...

Using Role.AddUserToRole(User, Role) in Transactions
Hi, I'm currently using the Role.AddUserToRole(User, Role) method inside a transaction. Basicaly I have added some extra tables to my DB and I'm trying to populate them maintaining the consistency between the membership & roles db table schema and my tables. I'm using the code like this 1 TransactionOptions TxOptions = new TransactionOptions() 2 { 3 IsolationLevel = System.Transactions.IsolationLevel.Serializable, 4 Timeout = new TimeSpan(0, 0, 0, 1) 5 }; 6 7 using (TransactionScope txscope = new TransactionScope(TransactionScopeOptio...

Security administration, assign a role to the role domain
Hi, Should that be possible or not? Looking at the GUI it should but I get "Failed to create 1 role assignment request(s). You are unauthorized for this operation.". A work around is to create a group but why involve a group when all users that should be able to assign members to specific roles already are in a role for those administrators? Best regards, Tobias Tobias, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might...

Roles.AddUserToRole is not adding user to specified role?
 Hi Iv created a basic site with a login and registration page. Everything is working correctly but when I try to use this bit of code to assign a user to a role on sign up  it just adds the user as an anonymous user and does not assign them to specified role. What am I doing wrong here.  <div id="registrationForm">                         <h3><asp:Label ID="registerLabel" runat="server" Text="Enter your ...

Public role and auto assign under security roles
Greetings, What do the check boxes public role and auto assign under security roles mean and how does one use them? Thanks in advance, Dave Public role means that users can choose to "join" those roles by selecting the checkboxes for those roles at the bottom of their user profile page. Auto Assign assigns new registered users to that particular role automatically. HTH JeremyJeremy WhiteWebstone, LLCMy DNN Blog...

Regarding Roles and $?ROLE
Hello all. I have some questions about how Roles will behave in certain instances, and when/where/what $?ROLE should be bound too. 1) Given this example, where 'bar' is a method stub (no implementation) role Foo { method bar { ... } } Should the eventually implemented method still have a binding for $? ROLE? 2) When a Role itself has subroles, which are composed together and consumed by the parent Role, how is $?ROLE bound? is it the top-most Role which it is bound too? or is it bound to the Role it originally came from? Here is an example: role F...

Web resources about - Roles - Add User to Role - asp.net.security

Role-playing game terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... failure (fumble). Often related to unlikely die results, as a natural 1 or 20, doubles, and so forth. Game master : The person who runs a role-playing ...

‘Star Wars’ fan theory offers an unexpected explanation for Poe Dameron’s role in the story
Played by Oscar Isaac, Poe Dameron is a Resistance pilot in Star Wars: The Force Awakens who takes a backseat in the film to new characters Finn ...

George Lucas wanted Leonardo DiCaprio to play Anakin Skywalker in 'Star Wars' but he passed on the role ...
... explains, had just become a household name after starring in "Titanic" in 1997 when Lucas came calling. DiCaprio was considered for the role ...

Adam McKay On The 2008 Collapse In ‘The Big Short,’ And The Role Of Convulsive Laughter In Storytelling ...
Given the comedy factory Adam McKay and Gary Sanchez partners Will Ferrell and Chris Henchy built in feature films, TV and Funnyordie.com videos, ...

Tom Hardy: 'Warrior' Star Says He 'Was A Bit Naughty' Preparing For 'Revenant' Role
Tom Hardy did little preparation for his role in "The Revenant."

Silicon Valley Presses, But Flyover Country Needs Role in Self-Driving
VideoThe reported alliance between Ford and Google on self-driving cars is good news for a traditional automotive industry that is solidlybased ...

The roles that got away
Some of the most famous onscreen performances could have gone a totally different direction.

Looks like Bill Clinton is going to take a larger role in Hillary campaign
It looks like Hillary Clinton’s campaign is turning into a real family affair, as both Chelsea and Bill Clinton are now getting more involved. ...

2015: India’s role at home, security to world stage
The Indian Express reporters read between the headlines of this year to interpret what will make news in 2016.