PasswordRecovery does not send email using GoDaddy web host.

I have a page devoted to password recovery.  It mainly consists of the PasswordRecovery control.  It works OK on my PC in development, but it does not send any email when it is hosted on my GoDaddy web site.  I've checked the junk mail box and there is nothing.

A question to you if you use PasswordRecovery with GoDaddy -- Can you see any reason why it should refuse to send an email?  The code is below.  I haven't set up anything on GoDaddy that deals with emails.

        <asp:PasswordRecovery ID="PasswordRecovery1" runat="server"
            UserNameInstructionText="<br />Enter your User Name (e-mail address). Your password will be e-mailed to you.<br />"
            SuccessPageUrl="~/Anon/Splash.aspx"
            SuccessText="Your password will be e-mailed to you in a few minutes." BorderPadding="20"
            CssClass="PasswordRecovery1" InstructionTextStyle-CssClass="PR-InstructionText"
            LabelStyle-CssClass="PR-Label" SubmitButtonStyle-CssClass="PR-SubmitButton" TextBoxStyle-CssClass="PR-TextBox"
            TitleTextStyle-CssClass="PR-TitleText"
            OnSendMailError="SendMailErrorEventHandler">
            <SuccessTemplate>
                            Your password has been sent to you.
            </SuccessTemplate>
            <MailDefinition From="NoteWrangler@sbcglobal.net" Subject="Note Wrangler Login information"
                Priority="High">
            </MailDefinition>
        </asp:PasswordRecovery>

    protected void SendMailErrorEventHandler(object sender, SendMailErrorEventArgs e)
    {
        //string MsgText = "Could not send email to confirm password change.&lt;br /&gt;";
        MessagePopup1.DisplayMessagePopup(e.Exception.Message);
        e.Handled = true;
    }

web.config...

<system.net>
    <mailSettings>
        <!-- prod -->
        <smtp from="NoteWrangler@sbcglobal.net">
            <network host="relay-hosting.secureserver.net" port="25"/>
        </smtp>
    </mailSettings>
</system.net>

Gary Frank
0
Gary

According to the godaddy site you use the host you have specified with no username or password.  My guess is the problem is on the server, it isn't allowing access to the service on the server.  Contact GoDaddy to see if there is anything they need to change or add.  My experience with them is very good and quick.

View Brenden Kehren's profile on LinkedIn
Remember to mark as answer if this post answered your question.
0
b471code3

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

using relay-host.secureserver.net & getting email on gmail and yahoo account but not getting it on my godaddy account
using smtp server address as relay-host.secureserver.net getting email on gmail and yahoo account but not getting it on my godaddy account. Please help me out, ...

Godaddy-How can I send form datas to sql database in web hosting of godaddy.
 usind by c# or vb in asp.net.I am using visual web developer.when I click send button,datas in textbox1 and textbox2 will go to sql database in godaddy windows hosting.How can I do it.  Refer this tutorial http://www.devasp.net/net/articles/display/300.html The real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes  Hi,You shouldn't worry about the hostin at this stage , you just need to start developing your application and use your local database .But you should make sure that you are storing your connection string inside the web.conf...

Sending an email using .net
Hi, I am using SMTP Mail object in vb.net to send off an email. Everything works fine most of the times but sporadically it sends the same messsage more than one time. It creates a lot of confusion to the users. I debugged the application and the line "clsMail.Send(clsMailMessage)', where clsMail is an object of SmtpMail and clsMailMessage is an object of MailMessage, runs only once but still my inbox has same email more than once. Please suggest me . Regards, Prerak Are you sure that you are not submiting your page multiple times or refreshing the page?Pandora Tomorrow ...

Sending Email using HTML file as Emailbody using Net.Mail.MailMessage... Please help
Hi all I can send emails with text or html emailbody using asp.net, but cannot find any method or example so far on the web to show how to use an html file as an emailbody. I have tried everything. I know how to do it with the old asp. I have created a html document for example newsletter.html. I want this document to be in the email body when the client opens the email. It must not load from another url. I suppose what i want to do is embed it into the email.Any help or examples will be appreciated as this is quite urgent for me to implement it for my client.  This is the code im ...

Would it be possible to make sending the email optional, eg using just the domain and a secure hash of the email
Would it be possible to make sending the email to the site requiring you to authenticate (eg http://myfavoritebeer.org/) optional. The only information required by myfaveoritebeer.org is the domain to determine who can authorize the user and some unique token. Why does this have to be the user's email address eg using just the domain and a secure hash of the email? I could sign in to a site using "tagrain@gmail.com" , but only send myfavoritebeer.org "md5:05917fed26d7519fae8318f78d14592a@gmail.com" which gmail or BrowserID.org could verify as being owned b...

Why do Sending SMTP Authenticated E-mail succeed using SmtpMail.Send() function but fail using SmtpClient.send() function ? Bugs in System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail?
I click btnOK button, the email can send OK, but click btnFail button,  the following error is displayed! why ? you can test the section code. The SMTP, username, password are valid!  Many thanks! "Syntax error, command unrecognized. The server response was: authentication failed,decode user password error" I have tested some other SMTP, somes is OK. I think there are some bugs with System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail with some SMTP!   //------------------------------------------.ASPX Code----------------------------------------...

Aspose.Email 1.1 Released!
Aspose.Email 1.1 Released! Version 1.1.0 Released on January 25 2005 ...

Sending Email using net.mail
Hi, I have an email class using net.mail. I want to be able to send multiple emails for weekly newsletters. I add recipients using AddRecipeint method then build the recipient list using BuildRecipientList(). This all works fine, however the problem is that each email displays all recipients in the To: address list. Obviously I only want to have the recipients email shown. Can anyone tell me how to hide all other recipients except the reciever or if there is a better way of sending to multiple users?        public void AddRecipient(string EmailAddress)  &nb...

Sending email from website hosted on Godaddy

Sending email using web forms
My code worked last week it was actually in producting, then I changed the to email address which then crashed the page, so I changed the email back to what it was before and it still doesn't work. Here is my error, I don't understand what is wrong can someone please help The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x80040217. The server response was not available Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated...

Send secure email using Outlook
I have the following code which is woking ok. My question is how do I send this email securely? Any suggestions ??? Thanks. --------------------- const olMailItem = 0; var Outlook: OleVariant; vMailItem: variant; begin begin try Outlook := GetActiveOleObject('Outlook.Application'); except Outlook := CreateOleObject('Outlook.Application'); end; vMailItem := Outlook.CreateItem(olMailItem); vMailItem.Recipients.Add('xxxx@yahoo.com'); vMailItem.Subject := 'test email'; vMailItem.Body := 'This is a test'; v...

HOW TO: Send email using System.Net.Mail
 Looks like they locked the thread in the FAQ section, so I'll just ask my question here. I"m using a version of the System.Net.Mail class that was posted in the FAQ section. I'm trying to use it like this:            string from = EmailTextBox.Text;            string to = ContactIdentifier.EmailAddress;            string bcc = "";            strin...

Web resources about - PasswordRecovery does not send email using GoDaddy web host. - asp.net.security

Privacy Policy - Digg
BananaStand PrivacyPolicy Digg knows that you care about how your personal information isused and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously. ...

Passwordrecovery
Rolf Hicker - Animal, Nature & Travel Photography Home - Photo Galleries - New Pictures - All Pictures - About me / Contact PHOTO ARCHIVE > WWW.HICKERPHOTO.COM ...

Elcomsoft Debuts Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Password Recovery Advancement
Symantec helps consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks ...

Password Recovery For Trillian Messenger
Password Recovery For Trillian Messenger - How to recover forgotten and lost password. Trillian password recovery program to retrieve password ...

MinnesotaWorks.Net Forgot Password
MinnesotaWorks.net Skip to Main Content Username: * Password: * Forgot Username/Password Skip navigation Home Contact Us Help Minnesota WorkForce ...

Passwordrecovery
New Zealand travel ideas

Password Recovery For DreamMail
Password Recovery for DreamMail to recover DreamMail password. Dream password recovery software to recover forgotten password from DreamMail ...

Password Recovery For eM Client
Password Recovery for eM Client – How to recover lost eM Client Password. Steps to recover forgotten or lost password from eM Software

Password recovery software for Outlook DreamMail EmailTray
Password recovery software for Outlook, DreamMail, EmailTray , Core FTP, Download Accelerator Plus , IncrediMail, FileZilla, BitKinex , ALFTP, ...

Support for any technical help query about Password recovery software working
Support for any technical help about software working to solve any query of how to recover forgotten missing password