password recover ? it sent me new user password, how can i get user password ? (not new user password )

hi

password recovery sent me new user password, how can i get user password ?(not new user password)

it also changed user password to new user password. i want that it should not change user password

how can i do this ?

Sincerely

oguzkaygun

Refer to these two articles.

http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/login/passwordrecovery.aspx

Hope this helps.

0
santa_1975
7/23/2008 6:22:27 AM

hi thank you for your reply :)

i have deleted enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" and passwordFormat="Hashed"  code line from below code but password recovery change user password to new user password.. what can i do ?

<membership>

<providers>

<remove name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" />

<add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"

type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"

connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"

enablePasswordRetrieval="false"

enablePasswordReset="true"

requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"

applicationName="/"

requiresUniqueEmail="false"

minRequiredPasswordLength="6"

minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"

passwordFormat="Hashed"

maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"

passwordAttemptWindow="10"

passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />

</providers>

</membership >

oguzkaygun
7/23/2008 6:47:14 AM

oguzkaygun:
passwordFormat="Hashed"

Hi

Hashed passwords cannot be retrieved, you can specify others passwordFormat like "Clear and Encrypted"

Best Regards
XiaoYong Dai
Microsoft Online Community Support

XiaoYong
7/29/2008 10:01:10 AM

hi thank you for your reply :)

but when i use "Clear", password recovery send me new password again..

when i use "Encrypted", i cant create new user.. it give me a error that you should state new machine key

What should i do ?

Sincerely

oguzkaygun
7/29/2008 10:23:08 AM

oguzkaygun:
when i use "Encrypted", i cant create new user.. it give me a error that you should state new machine key

Hi

Problem is that: you need to generate a valid machineKey in web.config.

This link gives a detailed explanation: Create machine keys for use

http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/archive/2006/12/13/tool-creating-a-custom-machinekey-in-asp-net.aspx

Best Regards
XiaoYong Dai
Microsoft Online Community Support

XiaoYong
7/30/2008 11:05:30 AM

hi thank you for your reply :)

i put below code between <system.web></system.web> and i get original password now. no new password :)

<machineKey validationKey='4F004FF91297DB68BA2DDD6C5FE9F4DA9C1CCACD7D37C8DFCD71EF74655E0270306F7BA9A49D6303E889273F9411C374F4631A4E598F966E6EE6A108E908D0F9' decryptionKey='7BBD6839CD8CE32056F176544B8BE70DFCF3D5AB32BF793E' validation='SHA1'/>

<membership>

<providers>

<remove name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" />

<add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"

type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"

connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"

enablePasswordRetrieval="true"

enablePasswordReset="false"

requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"

applicationName="/"

requiresUniqueEmail="false"

minRequiredPasswordLength="6"

minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"

passwordFormat="Encrypted"

maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"

passwordAttemptWindow="10"

passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />

</providers>

</membership >

oguzkaygun

User resets password (email is sent with new password) user logs in with new password how to redirect to change password page?
I have a page with the login control, another page with a reset password control and another page with a change password control. Login and reset work perfectly. However what I want is very simple. Once the user recieves the email with their new generic password I would like the next time that user logins in (using the new generic password) to automatically take them to the change password page. I am sure there is an easy way to do this and I just haven't figured it out. I am using VS2008. Thank you for your help! Shawn The simplest way would be to update the aspnet_Membership t...

Password, Password, Password

How to force Password Recovery control to send new password to user?
I have a strange situation.  When first creating my app, I originally didn't require my test users to enter a security Question and Answer.  I now see the necessity for these and have made the necessary changes in web.config.But here's the catch: If such a user tries to use the Password Recovery mechanism, it fails because there is no question and answer.  So I'm wondering if there's a way for me to force the PasswordRecovery control to reset the user's password and send the appropriate e-mail?Robert Robert WernerVancouver, BCwww.mwtech.blogspot.comwww.pock...

When a user changes an expired password, the new password expiration date reverts to..

Create a new user and email then user name and password
Hello I am using CreateUser method to create a new user when a new person is inserted into a database. (On FormView_ItemInserted event) I would like  to then email the new user thier username and password.  Can anyone help with how to do this please. Thanks  there are bunch of examples on the internet.  Here is one from scott that is very good.http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/072606-1.aspx Peter Kellnerhttp://73rdstreet.com and blogging athttp://PeterKellner.netMVP, ASP.NET Thanks for the link.But what I want to achieve is to send a username an...

generating a new password and letting users input their own user id
When you sign up for this forum you have the option to input your own user id and then you receive an email - I would like to duplicate something like this functionality for a vb application with an online classic asp site so that I am not constantly inputting new users intot he database myself - we want to create an more automated approach.  How does one add this funationality? Is this an easy task? Thx  ...

Password can easily be viewed if the user has not set a master password
Name: Rohith Product: Firefox Summary: Password can easily be viewed if the user has not set a master password Comments: I have recently noticed that in Firefox 2 and in Firefox 3 that you can view the stored passwords by going to Preferences --> Security --> Show Passwords. I am pretty sure that 90% of the users would have stored important passwords on Firefox and most of them would not have set a master password. It would be great if Mozilla.org can release a patch which will disable the Show Password Button and if it encrypts all the stored passwords regardless of wh...

new users passwords.
Hi, I am have new users accounts be created by IDM, but I am not able to figure out how to create accounts and assign them a password. I want to be able to use their employee id as their password and then they can go and change it later. Any directions? Thanks T Tim j wrote: > Hi, > > I am have new users accounts be created by IDM, but I am not able to figure > out how to create accounts and assign them a password. I want to be able to > use their employee id as their password and then they can go and change it > later. > > Any direc...

New user gets prompted for password
I just setup a new user and gave her a password so she can use web access. I made sure I checked the box for "NDS single signon" and I made her gw password the same as her Novell signon password. Now, when she logs in as herself to Novell, then goes into GroupWise, it prompts her for her password! This is the first time this has happened. BTW, while adding this user in Console One, I got the following error: "This application failed to start because nmas.dll was not found." This error message popped up immediately after assigning the password in Console One whil...

Passwords
--____UXAWWEDAETNQSFTBRYEA____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know of a good (free) tool for changing passwords for a large = number of users at once? Thanks. Mike --____UXAWWEDAETNQSFTBRYEA____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____NMEFFUKWDXRZRJWQBZMY____" --____NMEFFUKWDXRZRJWQBZMY____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-...

New users can login with no password.
Hi all, I recently upgraded our DS to eDir 8.7.3.7 SMP. We are using consoleOne ver 1.3.6e to create new user accounts, but the new users can login with no password. The accounts are created to require creating a new password on the first login attempt. Any ideas what's happening with our NDS? Thanks agarc@so.cccounty.us wrote: > Hi all, > > I recently upgraded our DS to eDir 8.7.3.7 SMP. We are using > consoleOne ver 1.3.6e to create new user accounts, but the new users > can login with no password. The accounts are created to require > creati...

New user can login with no password.
Hi there, I recently upgrade our servers DS to eDir ver 8.7.3.7 SMP. I'm creating the new users with ConsoleOne ver 1.3.6e ,but the new users can login with no password eventhough the user account is set to require a password on logon. Any ideas what's happaning with our NDS? agarc@so.cccounty.us wrote: > Hi there, > > I recently upgrade our servers DS to eDir ver 8.7.3.7 SMP. I'm > creating the new users with ConsoleOne ver 1.3.6e ,but the new users > can login with no password eventhough the user account is set to > require a password on log...

A new portal user whose username and password match a user in a different portal is created?
I think I've got this right, but I may have missed something. Perhaps someone can help clarify this for me.A portal administrator can create a new user account in their portal. This really creates a new user in the Users table. The Users table is shared by all Portals. Say for exmaple the username was "John" and John was given UserID 100.An administrator of a different portal on the same DNN installation can then create an accont for his new users. If the Portal administrator requests the same Username (say "John"), if the requested Usernames and Passwords match, the 2nd Portal Use...

allow registered users of a site, to create new users and manage their roles and passwords etc
Hi Hi All Im looking for a solution which will allow registered users of a site, to create new users and manage their roles and passwords etc, so that the registered primary user becomes an administrator for the other users they create.   In short, I am not good enough to create this my self, so if anyone knows of an off the shelf solution that  exists, or what this type of thing is know as so I can find it via a web search, I’d be most grateful as I’m not having much luck so far   Thanks   odxsigma   Hello yes , there is somethi...