Open internet explorer from .NET applet without additional security settings

Hi,

I have an ActiveX object written in .NET 2.0 that is hosted in an ASP.NET page. Since we want to have the processing power of the local machine, we have choosen for an ActiveX object.

Now we need to be able to open a new internet explorer window to display results. It is possible to do this via the process.start but this requires permissions.

Is there a way to open an internet explorer window from inside the .NET ActiveX object. I was thinking about sending some JavaScript code to the host but I don't know whether this is possible from inside an ActiveX object.

I know, it seems a strange solution but we have some business requirements to meet.

Thanks in advance,

Geert

0
Geert

How to access the security settings under Internet Options of Internet Explorer through Visual Studio .NET 2003?
Hi guys, Recently I'm facing a rather headache problem in maintaining the a system developed in Visual Studio .NET 2003. There is a report module where the system will export the report from MS SQL to Excel. However, this happens to be functioning intermittenly. I notice that the Security Settings under Internet Options is always changed by either someone or the other programs running on the system. Therefore, I'm thinking of asking around for your experts helps on whether it is possible to have the ASP. NET or VB .NET to set the desired settings for the Security Settings of the Internet ...

in vb.net how to open a file from file download prompt without asking user to save it or run it....just open it in internet explorer
I am designing a VB.NET based website I have a hyperlink, upon clicking on it a "File Download" prompt opens which asks me whether I want to "Save" the file, "Open"   But I want it to directly open in Internet Explorer without showing the prompt.... How can i do this? It should not show any prompt... when i click on the hyperlink....it should directly open in a new IE window.... Thanks....   Try this  Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=Log_" & activityLogID & ".xml") th...

unable to open .NET configuration/security without SQLServerExpress installed.
Must I have SQLServerExpress2005 installed in order to use the login security features? I'm currently using SQLServer 2000 for my datastore needs. If I must use '.Express', what are the issues with having in running alongside SS2000 on the same Windows2003 box? Thanks -Larry Hello,to run the Membership under Sql Server 2000 you need to execute the tool aspnet_regsql.exe. Take a look in this link. It might help you.Good Luck.VB .Net Coder - Apologize my C# nescienceBest Regards....

Opening New Window without Title bar & Frames of Internet explorer, & want to set opacity as 50% to internet explorer.
Hi, All This post is related to opening new window  as pop up window with the help of javascript. Syntax is like: -  window.open('url to open','window name','attribute1,attribute2') where : - attribute1,attribute2' As with alot of other things, we have a choice of attributes you can adjust.we can use these attributes to open window as we want.now my problem start...in my case :- i dont want title bar which can be done by setting full screen property to true; which doesnt solve my problem, i want my window size as (200,200...

(IN)SECURE Magazine from Net-Security (PDF download)
A little more light reading :-) Latest issue, #13: http://www.net-security.org/insecuremag.php (86 pages, with ads [not animated ads] - like a printed magazine) Archives of past issues: http://www.net-security.org/insecure-archive.php ISSUE 13 (September 2007) * Interview with Janne Uusilehto, Head of Nokia Product Security * Social engineering social networking services: a LinkedIn example * The case for automated log management in meeting HIPAA compliance * Risk decision making: whose call is it? * Interview with Zulfikar Ramzan, Senior Principal Re...

Internet Explorer security settings
Is it possible to check how the settings are set-up in internet explorer.  This is because I have found certain things will only work on my site if the security settings are lowered.  So could I have some code that would explain to the user that they are having problems its because {this} setting is too high. I'm guess not but its worth a try. No it is not. You don't own the browser, the user does. You could ask the user to lower them, but other than that you're out of luck. NC...    If it is throwing an error, you can put a try catch around the code an...

.net Security
Hi.Please explain me about declarative security & imperative security.Thanks in advance.(If this has answered your question, please click on "Mark as Answer" on this post. Thank you!)Best Regards,Michael SyncMicrosoft WPF & Silverlight InsiderBlog : http://michaelsync.net Declarative security is where you establish Code Access Security requirements through the use of attributes attached to classes and methods. Imperative security is where you interact with the security engine using method calls.RegardsDave Thanks so much..(If this has answered your question, please clic...

Is .NET Secure?
Here's the scenario. I want to develop a website that is hosted by a third party (shared web host initially) that contains sensitive data.    I encrypt / decrypt the data (that is stored on the SQL server encrypted) at the data access tier to StringBuilders and pass them up the business logic layer to the presentation layer. When the data hits the presentation tier, in this case the web page, I must convert them to String so that I can display them as you cannot simply point web controls to StringBuilders . When the page is rendered, these strings&nbs...

about net security
Name: Nasir Email: nasi81ataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: about net security Comments: Dear Sir Please tell me that if I use firefox for browsing any type of web site, can it would be checked by my administrator that which type of web sites are to be open at my system or not? Mean the Administrator can check or not the sites which I used to open at my system? Waiting your reply Thanks & Regards Nasir Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note ...

XP Settings for best net security
Hi there, My first post. I've just installed WinXP Home and was trying to fine information/help to set my XP Networking Settings like grc.com has for other Win OS's. Can anyone give any tips/tricks in making Win XP more secure in configuring settings? Any info/advice would be MUCH appreciated. THanks, Newbie "Lizard Man" <open_your_eyes@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:a2i6cr$2aq1$1@news.grc.com... > Hi there, > > My first post. I've just installed WinXP Home and was trying to > fine information/help to set my XP Networkin...

Security in .net
Dear friends i have created applications projects and also  give the permission to download through web.but every month client have to  get new registration number then only that applications will work.other wise it will get expires .give the idea how to do that .. Hi, inbaathere are a lot of ways to implement such an application. You have 2 main choices to make - to use the direct URL to your file (for example http://yoursite.com/downloads/somefile.zip) or to use common download page ( for example http://yoursite.com/download.aspx?fileId=23423154243 ).1) If you choose the first ...

when is secure, secure?

Security settings being pulled from Internet Explorer??
Name: Mark Rand Email: 75615dot1712atcompuservedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Security settings being pulled from Internet Explorer?? Comments: I upgraded from Firefox 2 to Firefox 3 yesterday. Looks Great.. But, went to download a patch from Microsoft's download site. Got a message about the "Security Zone" settings blocking the download. Looked ALL over Firefox, trying to find (and change) the Security settings.. Added allow for Microsoft.com all over the place. Still blocked. Got same problem trying to download McAfee definition file (exe). Finally!! Pop...

opening SSL, security, (authorize.net)
Did enyone have to create a script to process credit cards using the AIM method through the AuthorizeNet gateway? I'm a little bit lost. There are few things I must do and never done before: [e.g. open a SSL connection between my hosting server and their gateway and then post the data (credit card number, name, etc..) using a script.] I used HTML forms to post data but never a script. Also, what about the safety concern of the following scenario: 1. My site displays a form to gather credit card info 2. Then posts to my script 3. My script sends that data and the transaction ...

Web resources about - Open internet explorer from .NET applet without additional security settings - asp.net.security

Category:Articles needing additional references from January 2010 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Michael E. Mann - Some additional thoughts about Muller... - Facebook
Some additional thoughts about Muller and 'BEST': Muller's announcement last year that the Earth is indeed warming brought him up to date w/ ...

Facebook converts ‘friendship pages’ to Timeline format with additional features
Facebook today unveiled a redesign of “friendship pages” that show two users’ history on the social network in Timeline format. Friendship pages ...

Swytch - Additional Numbers for Calls & Texts on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Swytch - Additional Numbers for Calls & Texts. Download Swytch ...

TSA Interaction @ DIA Additional Body Screening After Landing???? - YouTube
They tried to get me to do additional screening of my Body after I was already off the plane and headed out of the airport. I ended up leaving ...

AGL faces delays, additional conditions after BTEX chemicals detected
AGL's coal seam gas ambitions in the Gloucester area have been dealt a double blow with the launch of two government investigations into the ...

Making additional contributions to super
Can I make additional contributions to super if the account is in the pension phase

Hunt for additional Paris attacker
FRENCH authorities are now hunting at least one additional attacker after surveillance video showed three men in a car used for an assault on ...

Pistorius to face additional gun charges
Sky News is Australia's leader in 24-hour news. South African Paralympic champion Oscar Pistorius is facing two additional gun-related charges ...