Multiple type of Users, with Multiple User login pages in one web application

Hello Friends,

I have a situation in my website.
I am using form authentication in my web application where I have two type of users

Merchants & Customers

Merchants sign in from url
/msignin/default.aspx and after sign in it redirects to secure folder /merchants/welcome.aspx

and

Customers sign in from
/csignin/default.aspx and after sign in it redirects to secure folder /customers/welcome.aspx

Now I am confused on the point that I only have one login url in my web.config file and only one default url.

How can i make these two situations work on my same application.

Please help.

Aloha

Rajiv Sharma
Software Consultant, Singapore
MCSD.net, MCTS, MCSE
www.rajivsharma.com
0
AlohaMora

i think that u can handle this by useing sessions

create on session for Merchants & Customers

give code for Merchants = 0 and Customers = 1

try this

0
ramesh
3/17/2008 1:19:39 PM

I would only have one login page and let the built in permissions take care of deciding what to do.

1
2            if (User.IsInRole("merchant"))
3                Response.Redirect("merchant url");
4            else
5                Response.Redirect("buyer url");

"If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse."
-Woody Allen

DailyAtheistQuote
naspinski.net
AuctionConstructor
0
stupid
3/17/2008 1:28:20 PM

The above will work as one example and I use that in some situations.  In others it might be harder if a person might happen to be both a merchant and buyer.  One thing that I have not tried but you might want to try and it might save recoding.  In the directory that you want to secure with roles, you normally drop a web.config file that has the allow and deny users defined.  Try adding another line to web.config directory file saying which default sign in you want for that directory.  My understanding is that the web.config over rides the machine.config, and the directory over ride the root.

 But I could be out to lunch on that.

0
grbourque

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

Creating multiple user logins assigned to multiple groups at one time
I have a single computer for our building which various building residents need to be able to log into with their own names. I have a listing of all the usernames (over 300 users) and passwords in a text file. I did some research and found that it should be possible to add them using a script, but there were so many changes whenever a possible script was posted that I had trouble following the message threads to get a coherent final script to use. So far, here is what I have found, and I hope this works in Suse 11.3: But it doesn't say anything about adding to more than one gr...

if web application is already open by one users, then do other user can use this web application also?
I have asp.net 2.0 and I have developed web simple web applications and it is on the server so how do I know if multiple users can use this websites at the same time Questtion: by default asp.net allow multiple users to access web page. if web application is already open by one users, then do other user can use this web application also? thankk u maxmax Yes, ASP.Net application can be accessed concurrently by multiple users.~ Remember To Mark The Posts Which Helped You As The ANSWER ~ IIS (which serves up your ASP.NET 2.0 website) is designed to service multiple users, so each new ...

can i use forms authentication to support multiple users with multiple login pages
hi all my web application is having 3 users; admin, vendor and customer. i cannot implement the security using role based authorization as these there are not roles but three entities in my application. i have 3 directories under the web root named admin, vendor, and customer. ecah user have access to files inside only one directory that corresponds to their name. i have 3 login pages for the 3 users. i tried to put seperate web.config files on the three directories, with the web.config in the root directory setting forms authentication on. the problem is that i can't put t...

Session State + Multiple Web User Controls on one page
I have multiple web user controls on one page. Depending what a user clicks in the sidebar UserControl (SidebarControl - a datalist with link buttons) a figure should show up in another user control- (FigureControl - an image and some data) in the web page. This seems to work, except for that the figure will have a delay of one click. I.E. 1st sidebarControl click for FigureA - FigureControl shows nothing. 2nd sidebarControl click for FigureB - FigureControl shows FigureA. 3rd sidebarControl click for FigureC - FigureControl shows FigureB. To me it seams that on the post ...

Adding multiple user controls to a web page -- Tutorial example involving copyRughtNotice and pageHeader user controls.
Hello: Please help me... I am trying to work through the tutorial example for adding the pageHeader.ascx usr control to a web form that already has a user conrol embedded in it, I followed the instructions verbatim, and, NO PAGE HEADER AT ALL!!!! What am I doing wrong? I really need help on this ASAP!!! Thnx, Carle Eric Giannelli Carle Eric Giannelli Can you post the code at the top of the .ASPX page? Specifically the <%@ parts... http://www.heliosfx.com Sure, The code at the top of the copyRightNotice.aspx page is: <%@ Page Language="VB" %>...

Security- Multiple user ID/Password for web site login w/master password
Name: Dale Parker Email: traveleratsssnetdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Security- Multiple user ID/Password for web site login w/master password Comments: I'm a previous Netscape 8.1 junky. Loved that browser's security feature allowing multiple user ID's with independent passwords via a master password for the same web site login page, i.e. airline,visa,investment sites,etc. We have separate accounts on many sites,15plus, that we frequently accessed via Netscape's drop down menu for any page that has login requirements. I see Firefox accommodates one user p...

Best Approach for Preventing Multiple Logins (Only one user login per session)
Hi,  Is there any good sample/example/article for preventing multiple login? (Only one user login per session) I do have some idea for doing it such as session state in SQL, but i do like to know more.   thank you very much James Wu  James Wu (MIB426).NET is only way to goMCP, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD I'd think seriously before trying to implement this. The problem that you will have with any method that you implement is how does the client notify the server that they have disconnected. If they simply close their browser you have no "100% guaranteed t...

Why is my web application not allowing users to login on the production sever yet i can login with whatever user name on development machine
I have an asp.net 2.0 web application with users created with the asp.net configuration tool. On the development PC i can login with any user name. However, on the production sever, non of my users is allowed to login. when i enter the user credentials i get the following error message. "can not open user default database. Login failed." "Login failed for user NT AUTHORITY/NETWORK SERVICE" what is cause the possible cause of the error above.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- Hi Nick, Please check the ...

multiple user controls in one page
Hi there... I have created a user control that adds some client-side javascript to the page that uses the user control. But if a page has two instances of this user control, it adds the client-side-coda again. This code is only necessary to be "posted" once... how should I go about to solve this problem? e.g How do I check if code is already in the aspx-page? Thanks! __________ Swe 2-2 Den If you use the Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock method, ASP.NET will ensure that only one instance of the javascript gets added to the page.Alister OK! works fine! foll...

Web User Controls and multiple applications
I have two applications, "A" and "B". I have a user control in application B. When I drag'n drop the user control onto a page within application A, I get a simple html link or text that displays an "http://" path to the actual file, instead of the rendered control. While I know this is probably a "duh" question, I have been unsuccessful searching for answers on the web so... what is necessary to utilize a web usercontrol from another application? Any help is greatly appreciated. are you dropping the control in design view or sourc...

question on one login, multiple users
Hello. First, let me apologize if this is a stupid question. I haven't coded in perl, talked to dbs, and worked with cookies before working with Bugzilla. Second, my bugzilla version= 2.17 We are planning on having another group also use our bugzilla interface. Our company wants to give one log-in for multiple users in this group. My question is, well ... would this work? I don't think the volume will be terribly high, but there is a good chance that multiple of these users will be logged in at the same time, and filing bugs at the same time. Thanks. Deepa ...

Multiple User Controls on one Page with JavaScript
  I have a user control which registers some JavaScript which elements of the control will call at a later time. The javascript registration looks like this:string code = ""function ValidateAddReminders() {" +                  "var isEmail = document.getElementById('" + chkIsEmailReminder.ClientID + "');" +                  "var isAlert = document.getElementById('&quo...

Shared User Controls Between multiple Web Applications
Hi, Just wondering if it is possible to have design-time shared user controls.  E.g.  I have followed the process to setup a 'base' web project that contains a number of shared user controls and configured IIS.  I then use these user controls in a number of web application projects.  This works fine as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825996.  However the limitation is that you need to code the registering and using of the user controls rather than drag and drop. I want to know if it is possible to add these user controls(through vss sharing) to each web ap...

Web resources about - Multiple type of Users, with Multiple User login pages in one web application - asp.net.security

Development application for Holt golf course land open for public inspection
The developers selling 350 dwellings on disused parts of the Holt golf course have submitted their development application for public inspection. ...

Samsung Unveils the Latest Application Processor, Exynos 8 Octa, Built on 14-Nanometer FinFET Process ...
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today announced the newest member of its Exynos family of ...

MBA: Mortgage Refinance Applications Decrease in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 18% YoY ...
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 1.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications fall 1.3%
Despite a sharp rise in mortgage interest rates, mortgage application volume was not affected as much as expected.

Thousands of Java applications vulnerable to nine-month-old exploit
A popular Java library has a serious vulnerability, discovered over nine months ago, that continues to put thousands of Java applications and ...