Managing Users over .NET Management Website on different PCs

Hi,

we are using Wed Developer Express 2005 on one PC to develop our website. The user and role management we are doing over the .NET website.

No we hae installed Web Developer Express 2008 on another PC and also the other user should be able to manage the users and roles. But we always get a connection error to the Rsa provider.

Can you please give me an idea what to do?

Greetz, Chris

0
chris_koehne

You dont tell us how you are running the site is it on a local iis or a hosted server and the same with the sql database?

I take it that each machine has the website loaded in vwd and then you are using the built in admin tool (website - asp.net configuration)
Check that the connectionstring is point to the membership database.

Hope it helps

Regards
Jeremy
If this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.
0
jeremyh
7/11/2008 2:27:50 PM

 Thanks jeremyh,

I planned the way you do. Have it locally on the PC with vwd. I had copied website to it and can click the button within vwd to call the local website.
But choosing the security tab there comes up the error that the RsaConfigurationProvider cnnanot be loaded.

Any idea?

Greetz

0
chris_koehne
7/11/2008 5:00:24 PM

Do you have a Encrypted connectionstring in the web.config?

Maybe these posts will help http://66.129.67.4/p/1281116/2449207.aspx

Regards
Jeremy
If this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.
0
jeremyh

Web resources about - Managing Users over .NET Management Website on different PCs - asp.net.security

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

M&C Saatchi Sells 30% of London Agency to Management Team
... particularly after the agency bought digital shop Lean Mean Fighting Machine in May 2014 and integrated some of its founders into the management ...

HuffPost Management Recognizes Union
Management of The Huffington Post has voluntarily recognized Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) as the union representing its editorial staff. ...

Time Zone Management
I spent last week in Utah on Mountain Time and I found myself booking meetings in Europe, NYC, and the Bay Area regularly. I am certain that ...

Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Stake Boosted by Cardinal Capital Management
Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Stake Boosted by Cardinal Capital Management Beanstockd Cisco Systems logo Cardinal Capital Management increased ...

The Grand Strategy of Rising Superpower Management
[Munk School Trans-Pacific Partnership Conference:][a] Geopolitics Panel **Revised and Extended:** I could now talk about the risks of the Trans-Pacific ...

Yahoo employees are getting fed up with management, data shows
... show that employees love Yahoo, but not the people running it. Pros: smart people, free food, and work environment. Cons: senior management, ...