LDAP Authentication Using ADMembershipProvider - error using attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName"

Hi there,

  I am creating a user login page for applications. As a start, I am trying to authenticate user thru LDAP authentication. I got my reference from :

   http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/PAGHT000026.asp

   The user authentication seems to work if I follow the below steps :-

   LDAP connection string : LDAP://<serevername>.xxx.zz.<companyname>.com

   using default attributeMapUsername

  Therefore, the login name will be : username@xxx.zz.<companyname>.com

 I wanted to set the LDAP as :

  LDAP://<servername>.xxx.zz.<companyname>.com /CN=Users,DC=<servername>,DC=xxxx,DC=zz,DC=<companyname>,DC=com . However I am gettting referrel or container error when I do this.

 Another problem is the login name. I  set the LDAP connection string as the former ( LDAP://<servername>.xxx.zz.<companyname>.com ) and the attributeMapUsername="sAMAccount". I wanted to login by loginname without the domain : <username> . The login attempt fails. The system cannot authenticate.

 May I know how I can solve this two problems ?. Do I need to understand from LDAP / AD administrator on how the LDAP tree is set ?. How do I extract user information using LDAP ?.

Please help. Thanks !.

0
Thana

mapping a drive using "net use" w/no password"
duplicate. -- Regards, Kai Reichert Novell Support Forums Sysop Usually the faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard. ...

RFC: interactions between "use bytes", "use locale", and "use feature 'unicode_strings'
I am waiting for blead to reopen before I submit a patch for extending feature unicode_strings to matching \s, and \w. In documenting it, it occurred to me that the existing implementation is wrong, along with the existing interaction between use bytes and use locale. To refresh your memory, "use feature 'unicode_strings'" is supposed to mean that even non-utf8 data is to be considered to have Unicode semantics. In practice, this only affects the characters from 128-255. It is new in 5.12, and is implemented there only on functions that change case, such a...

"Using" or "With"

Using "+" or "||"

mapping a drive using "net use" w/no password" #2
I want to set up a test scenario where I have a bunch of clients logging into a Netware server using native file access. My clients use a script file which maps shares to the server using the "net use \\server\share /p=no" (for no password). I keep getting "system error 5 - access is denied". What am I doing wrong and what can I do to fix it? Thanks for your help Assuming you're using Local mode, you must assign a Simple password. Note that a blank Simple password is not the same as never assigning a Simple password. bd NSC Voluntee...

Replacing "use base" with "use parent"
--bcaec554da9c7514d304ca32ffa3 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, From the base.pm documentation<http://perldoc.perl.org/base.html#DESCRIPTIO= N>: Unless you are using the fields pragma, consider this module discouraged in favor of the lighter-weight parent . From the parent.pm documentation<http://perldoc.perl.org/parent.html#HISTOR= Y> : This module was forked from base to remove the cruft that had accumulated in it. parent.pm is a 30 lines pure Perl dual module available also in core since 5.10...

RE: Using "do" versus "use" for subroutine
Edward Wijaya wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know which of this > is better and what is the pro and cons: > > 1. A file "mysub.pl" which stored > a subroutine, and later called by > main file using: do "mysub.pl" > > or > > 2. A file "mysub.pm" and called > in main file using : use "mysub.pm" The second construct is not valid; the argument to "use" must be a bareword. It's not really possible to answer your question without knowing more details. I'm not clear about what&#...

When loading gmail must always "reload" once unless using the secure loading site. When using the secure loading site loading takes four times as long. So I don't use the secure loading site, I just
Name: Dwight Metcalfe Email: dwmet1atgmaildotco Product: Firefox Summary: When loading gmail must always "reload" once unless using the secure loading site. When using the secure loading site loading takes four times as long. So I don't use the secure loading site, I just "reload" the other site once automatically just to save time. Hmmmmmmmm. Comments: Only been doing that about a month. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to reade...

Using "using"
In C#, when instantiating objects, it seems like there are two choices; 1) fully specify the hierarchy (i.e. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection) or 2) placing a using statement (i.e using System.Data.SqlClient;) so you can using the more direct reference (in this case "SqlConnection"). What are the factors involved with deciding to use a using statement versus fully referencing everything in the code? using is just a shortcut so that you don't have to write the entire namespace out for each instantiation.  The drawback is that someone reading your code may not immediat...

how to use "Match" the special char "\" as using filter
Thx JJ \\ "JJ" <jasonyklau@sinaman.com> wrote in message news:404bd593$1@forums-2-dub... > Thx > JJ > > ...

WSE-Security using "PasswordProvider" and "SendHashed"
Hi, Im playing around with WSE-Security (1.0) where Im sending login-information using an "UserNameToken". I want to use it with the option "SendHashed" to keep the password secure. In the service Ive added a "PasswordProvider"-class that should return the password of the passed username so that "WSE" can validate it (I suppose that the WSE-mechanism is just re-hashing the value). The thing is that Im storing all my users passwords HASHED in the database (to keep them secure if someone gets their eyes on the db). This means that I CANT get...

C#.Net "Double" and "double" When/Where to use?
Hi all     Please let me know the difference between "Double" and "double" in c#.Net (I understand that "Double" is structure      and "double" is an instance to that structure) differences if any thing else.     Also the context in which both has been used.(When/Where to use both). thanks all...      hi,my brains says Double is reference type & double is value type.regards,satishKind Attn: If a reply to your post helped you, kindly mark it as Answered.__________...

Using "Windows" authentication to authenticate BUT "Forms" to maintain the user's session?
Is there a way to do this?Basically I want to ensure and pick up users who are already authenticated via AD but use Forms Authentication under the covers once they've been authenticated.  Ideally I'd like to roll this into a custom membership provider so that both internal users (who will have already logged into their machines and been authenticated via AD) and outside users (who will need to use a login control provided on a page) both can have their sessions as maintained in the same way ... AND be associated and use a common roles and profile provider.Any help would be appre...

"Net use" not working in application that runs as "system"
Hello, I am trying to create an application object to distribute a program which during the setup procedure creates two local users on the workstation. I tried to set up the application to run as an unsecure system user and start the setup.exe. This method worked fine for quite a number of apps in the past. However this app needs a drive mapping to a windows 2003 server to start the setup.exe. Apparently under windows 2003 it is no longer possible to use the "net use" command when running a script as system user. I get system error 1312 "A specified logon ses...

Using a REST API using "Astoria" (with .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1)
Hello! I'm really interested in learning how to work with the new .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1 (still beta). Here is my question: I would like to use a REST API that is not made by me. I'm talking about the REST API of Community Server 2008 (www.communityserver.org). I've got the full specification of the API. They have it well documented and ready to go. It appears to be very easy to use, but... HOW? How to connect the web services with the new .NET 3.5 properly? The full specification can be read here: http://api.communityserver.org. I've successully used...

Web resources about - LDAP Authentication Using ADMembershipProvider - error using attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName" - asp.net.security