Is there any possible way that forms authentication can work on a web farm w/o each servers machine key values being set to the same thing?i have a site that is on a web farm and the servers dont have

Is there any possible way that forms authentication can work on a web farm w/o each servers machine key values being set to the same thing?i have a site that is on a web farm and the servers dont have the machine keys set......but the forms authentication works fine.
"Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live" -D. Thompson // f bush.

-----------

"No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed." -Harold MacMillan

0
eron19

A couple of things spring to mind.

1. Some form of "sticky port" redirection is occurring, with clients always hitting the same server.

2. The forms authentication ticket is not being encrypted. If it's not encrypted, then it wouldn't need to be decrypted and thus the server key becomes irrelevant.

3. You think that you've got a farm, but you haven't really (granted, this isn't likely, but it has to be mentioned all the same)

Regards

Dave
0
DMW

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

aspx form works in Visual Studio web server but not on my main IIS web server.
Hi all,  I have a simple form that works fine in the VS local web server but when I copy the files (index.aspx, index.aspx.vb, web.config) to my IIS server I can see the form but when I click the hyperlink the form doesn't work. It is as if the .aspx can't execute the .aspx.vb page. Any ideas why this would be?  This is my first asp.net project so I am a complete novice here. Thanks.  My aspx code: <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="login.aspx.vb" Inherits="Default2" %> <html xmlns=...

Access local server(LAN Server) from Web Server(Web Application Server)
Hello All I have a local server for my LAN and a Web server(at remote location).Is it possible to access my Local Server from my Web Server ? Thanks MS  ...

How to upload/download the folder and its contents from web server to local machine and local machine to web server
Hi, i am using asp.net with c# and creating the web project In my project Now I am using the Button and listbox and on button click event I am using the code protected void AddFolder_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { string strPath = ""; string strCaption = "Browse a directory for uploading Album."; //DialogResult dlgResult; string dlgResult = ""; Shell32.ShellClass shl = new Shell32.ShellClass(); Shell32.Folder2 fld = (Shell32.Folder2)shl.BrowseForFolder(0, strCaption, 0, System.Reflection.Mis...

how to pass Windows security token from web-server machine to database-server machine
All -- Please help. In short, my question is... How can one set an ASP.NET application using Windows-based security such that it will pass along the Windows security token from the web-server machine to the database-server machine, without creating a service-account?   If you have any hints, comments, answers, etc-- please send them along.   The long story and full context is as follows... I am using ASP.NET, Framework 3.5, and Windows Authentication. My web-server is on Machine_A and my database-server is on Machine_B -- 2 physical machines. The application is int...

Cassini Web server is not working with our web site
Hi,       Our client had  a constriant in  the installation of IIS due to security reasons. So we had proposed Cassini and were evaluating it. The site works perfectly fine with IIS but  with cassini nothing comes up. I guess iam missing some very basic configurations. I  have my  entire folder under c:\inetpub\wwwroot and in the cassini configuration i had specified the root directory as c:\inetpub\wwwroot and  "\" in virtual root. I tried accessing my web page and it was throwing errors for the following lines . These are the sett...

site works in VS test server, but not on any of our web servers
Some of the ASP.NET sites I develop will not work on our web servers, not even the IIS server on my PC, but they will work on Visual Studio's test server.  They all are either pre-compiled, or have objects like C# classes or DataSets in them.  Basically, when I run them, I get an error:  The type or namespace name <name> could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Source Error: Line 8: using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; Line 9: using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; Line 10: using testclass; Line 11:...

Web Service not working on Server Farm
Hi there.  I got a simple web service called "onBlur" on a textbox, calling server side function which (if needed) changes a label's text. It works fine on my side. Our clients have installed it in 4 places and 3 of them works fine. The one that doesn't work (interesting: doesn't throw an error either) is actually a "server farm" (a few identic machines randomly used for web-user for speeding up access ...) I have no idea what to look for. I had a filteredtextboxextender on the textbox, I thought it might have something to do with my problems, but even when I removed it, it is still...

Skin not working correctly on Web Server running Server 2003 Web Edition
    I am running DotNetNuke version 3.0.13 on both my personal computer (for development) and on our production web server.  My PC is running Windows XP Professional with service pack 2 installed.  My production web server is running Windows Server 2003 Web Edition with only service pack 1 installed.  The skin we are using is a slightly altered version of the DNN Blue skin that comes with the Nuke installation.  To be safe, I always test out a new skin on my development copy of the nuke before putting it into production.  There have been no problems ap...

How can I put web-site files to the Apache web-server when I
I'm folllowing the execllent HOWTO from Sweerdna to set up an Apache based web-server on my home lan (as a setep to publishuing on a hosted system). I was geeting on fine until I moved to one of my Windows clients, started Dreamweaver and began to define a site. For the remote site, Dreamwaver 2004 MX offers to browse to the web-server location where I want to build my web--site - which, according to Swerdna's guide is in /<servername>/srv/www/htdocs. My windows (and other Linux) client can only see users and groups on the server - how can I possibly get to /srv/www/...

How can view a Web form error from my intranet web server?
I am accessing a intranet web server.  I get a error in the browser.  How can get the exact error that is being produced. May be you can log the errors to event log or to some file! See if http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/961301 helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

HTTP Module + Web Farm == Session jumping from server to server?
Let me first admit I am very green when it comes to HTTP Modules, I inherited this one from a co-worker and am just doing my best :-) I am having issues with my sessions and am looking for feedback as to where to look for problems. The Hardware: - Three Win2K SP4 boxes running IIS - BigIP for load balancing and to keep a "sticky session". What I am doing: I am using an HTTP Module to generate the appropriate header for our intranet, it also creates a user specific "tempdocs" folder on the webserver and fishes through ADSI and BrowserHawk and writes a &qu...

unable to start debugging on the web server. the web server did not respond in a timely manner. this may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server.
When i start debugging, it looks like it's going to work and the VS toolbars change to show the debugging toolbar options. However the cursor changes to the "busy" cursor and vista 'ghosts out' VS 2008 indicates that it's "not responding" in the title bar. The web browser never starts up and if you I it several minutes I get the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server did not respond in a timely manner. This may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server." HOWEVER, if you then im...

How to pull data from a remote server to the web server. Initiated by the web server session.
Hello.I am brand new to asp.net. Just starting to do web development. However I do have extensive software experience developingapplications on local networks, mobile devices, vb.net, vb.net remoting,etc. Here is the senario:    Bob delivers bottled water to several hundred accounts.    Bob keeps all information regarding his accounts in an    SQL server located at site A.  Bob has an ASP.net application    hosted on a web server at site B.  Bob wants to allow his     accounts to log in to the web serve...

Web resources about - Is there any possible way that forms authentication can work on a web farm w/o each servers machine key values being set to the same thing?i have a site that is on a web farm and the servers dont have - asp.net.security

Authentication - Facebook-Entwickler
Please note: On October 3, 2012, the offline_access permission will be removed. If you are building...

Facebook Adds Two Factor Authentication for Login and Redesigns Family Safety Center
... announced the release of several new tools to help users stay safe while using the site. Soon, users will be able to enable two factor authentication ...

YouTube - How To Hack Twitter's New Two Factor Authentication
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 Connect! http://toopher.com http://facebook.com/toopherinc http://twitter.com/toopher CEO Josh Alexander wants ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

Hands on: Twitter two-factor authentication
Optus and Vodafone customers need not apply when it comes to Twitter's two-factor authentication.