Is there a way to authenticate Active Directory users from multiple Active Directory Domains

Is there a way to authenticate Active Directory users from multiple Active Directory Domains in ASP.NET Application using C# or VB.NET?

Suppose I have a LoginId "user1" from one of the three Active Directory Domains how can I authenticate it?

I have two Active Directory domains. I can authenticate from the Active Directory Domain where my current system Account is logged in. But I can not authenticate from other Active Directory Domains. Actually I have 2 Active Directory domains in my LAN.
Kamran Shahid
Sr. Software Engineer
(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])
Netprosys Inc.
www.netprosys.com

Remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U
0
kamii47

Is it also Possible in .net 1.1

If there is any help in regarding .net 1.1  then please refer.

Thanks

Kamran Shahid
Sr. Software Engineer
(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])
Netprosys Inc.
www.netprosys.com

Remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U
0
kamii47

Understanding the Security Implication of Active Directory Default Settings Part II of An Audit of Active Directory Security
http://www.securityfocus.com/focus/microsoft/aads2.html -- Regard: Joh@nnes� 1216771 Ont.Inc. "Nothing is more damaging to a new truth than an old error" ...

How to check the username with active directory and fetch the user details from the active directory?
I have a textbox with a submit button.When the admin types the username in the textbox and submits it has to check with active directory and fetch the firstname and last name of the user entered inthe textbox.How will i do this one.Code is appreciated. you will find lot of samples if you search for "ActiveDirectory using .NET" but here is a verysimple code and it works too:-) strLANID = "ADDomainName\user"           Dim dservices As New System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry        ...

best way authenticate active directory users and internet users in same web application
Hi,I want to develop a web application that manage both activedirectory users and internet users.i like to automatically logon activedirectory users and in case of  internet users go to a custom login page...what is the best way to accomplish it?thank you for the attention... Andre see if this helps: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms972958.aspx http://www.15seconds.com/issue/050203.htm/GuruBhai Thank you for the answer... in the meantime i have found in internet the second article...and i have successfully implemented.  Have a nice day...

authenticate against the Active Directory by using Forms authentication didnt work for some domain users
Im trying to create login page for intranet website, and i need to authenticated the user by entering his domain username/password  I applied code written in the following article and it was very helpfull http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326340 but users who dont have logon access to the host server (which is application hosted on) they recieved this error: " Logon Failure : unknown user name or bad password " but for users who have logon access to all computers or to the server in particular they logged in successfully   Please can give me a solution to my problem ...

Active Directory user home directory
Hi all. I have a question, how to sync home directorires of users from Identity Vault to Active Directory? Into AD there are 2 LDAP attributes calleds homeDrive (the network drive letter) and homeDirectory that is the network path used to map during user login. My doubt is about the eDirectory volume information. The volume will be not sync to the AD because AD does not recognize this information, right? So, how to sync? I was thinking about create 2 eDirectory attributes where I can write theese informations. What do you think about this? Anyone can help me? Best regards...

Active Directory/Enterprise Directory Authentication
Writing an Enterprise Web app for a large company that has both an Active Directory and Enterprise Directory and I am wondering if I can use ASP.NET 3.5 to authenticate a user against either of these. The key sticking point would be the ability to be notified if the user's password had expired and/or needed changed and to be able to update/change that password against the AD/ED. Not looking for code samples, just looking to make sure I can handle this using ASP.NET Forms Authentication. Thanks...Share and enjoy... There is a Membership Provider that uses Active Directory.  I'm...

Active Directory
Could somebody please point me in the right direction?  I'm attempting to make a website pulling information from active directory.  I am able to pull specific user information using VBS but am very lost as to how to port this type of stuff over to a website.  Could somebody please post some examples or websites showing how to display maybe just all users from AD? Thanks so much. ...

User Authentication in Active directory
I have to build a webform which will authenticate users based on their credentials: username and password in my Company's Active Directory database. Now I am not quite sure which authentication method to approach. Can someone let me know if there are any materials online that review the pros and cons of Windows based Security and Forms based security when working with active directory? In a separate project for another company I have implemented the Forms Based Security, which checks credentials in a sql database. It works quite well however I have never done a project like...

How to authenticate user against Active Directory?
Hi,Does anyone one how to authenticate users against Active Directory? I'd like not to have to create users in Dotnetnuke, but use Active Directory only.If I switch from forms authentication to windows,  it seems to log me in, but it doesn't show the user name logged in.If  I create a user in dotnetnuke named "Domain\User" and then switch the authentication to windows, my username is displayed. But I would like not to have to create the user in dotnetnuke.Has anyone faced this problem?Thanks,GeorgeGeorge Justo Search in the main DNN forum....for Windows Authenticat...

How to authenticate active directory user?
I need detail information about handling following scenario and the best approach to implement it. Any links, articles will be much appreciated.   Our company employees have their own domain accounts created in active directory. We are creating new public website which allows any user to come and register on this new web site. Now these users will be created and handled using .Net membership provider API. But we also want to give access to our employees to this web site WITHOUT creating new credentials for them in membership database (aspnetdb). What we want, if they a...

Authenticating user from active directory
the following VB script will validate the entered user/password against active directory. the objects should be available to PB with the possible exception of the GetObject() which may be a VB only thing. has any tried converting this so it works in PB or have soemthing similar that is PB compatible? Dim objSystemInfo As ADSystemInfo Dim objDSO As IADsOpenDSObject Dim objDomain As IADs Dim strDNSDomain As String Set objSystemInfo = CreateObject("ADSystemInfo") strDNSDomain = objSystemInfo.DomainShortName Set objDSO = GetObject("WinNT:") On Error R...

Authenticating Active Directory Users
I have read a bit about the new security framework in .NET 2.0, but I am not sure what to do in my current situation. Can anybody offer advice? Here is the scenario...1. The pages I need to secure are part of an ASP.NET 2.0 app that I am currently working on 2. Users will have already been authenticated against the domain before getting to my app on the intranet.3. I have access to a DataMart which provides the active directory accountname.That's about it. I was thinking of storing the AD accountname in a database table, and creating separate tables with roles/permissions, and then simpl...

Authenticate against the Active Directory by Using Forms Authentication and Visual Basic .NET
I am using the code found on microsoft site http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326340 And when i run it I get an error: Error authenticating. Error authenticating user. A referral was returned from the server I have changed the code to specify my domain DC=MyDomain,DC=local Has anyone run into this or knows what it means? Thanks Craig Hi Craig, Its giving me the same error. Can you please tell me how u specified ur DC,LDAP etc.. For example:- Dim domainAndUsername As String = domain & "\" & username Dim entry A...

User authentication using active directory
 Hi All,I have a intranet application which uses the machine login and displays the data based on the machine login. Now i am told that the application must be accessed from internet and users try to access the site a windows login must popup and the user must be authenticated using the active directory and based on that user details must be displayed. Turn on windows authentication in the web config, <authentication mode="Windows"/> and disable anonymous in IIS. After the user logs in, you can get their credentials like WindowsPrincipal principal = new Window...

Web resources about - Is there a way to authenticate Active Directory users from multiple Active Directory Domains - asp.net.security

HID Global and Botosoft Launch Mobile Student ID System in West Africa to Authenticate Over 2 Million ...
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives

New IBM tech lets apps authenticate you without personal data
Back in January IBM announced Identity Mixer, a new technology for protecting users' personal data during authentication. On Friday, it announced ...

Cable providers still leery of Apple TV, some refuse to authenticate 'HBO Go' app
In an interview on Thursday, HBO's CTO Otto Berkes outlined the troubles in bringing a totally in-house app to the Apple TV, but the bigger challenge ...

Eureka! Sports site authenticates users sans the password hassle
We've all been there at some point—tempted to create a user account on a website that's mildly interesting, but the hassle of creating yet another ...

Cisco Selects Netformx Discovery to Power New Net Authenticate Assessment Service
Cisco Selects Netformx Discovery to Power New Net Authenticate Assessment Service Business Wire (press release) SAN JOSE, Calif.(BUSINESS WIRE)Netformx®, ...

Google makes it easier to authenticate e-mail
... e-mail with just a few clicks in a control panel. Google announced today that it is making it easy for organizations using Google Apps to authenticate ...

CNN.com - CBS' experts say they didn't authenticate Bush memos - Sep 15, 2004
... memos alleging President Bush received special treatment during his service in the Texas Air National Guard told CNN Tuesday they did not authenticate ...

Insert Coin: PIPA Touch fingerprint reader lets phone owners authenticate most anything
In Insert Coin, we look at an exciting new tech project that requires funding before it can hit production. If you'd like to pitch a project, ...

Berkeley researchers authenticate your identity with just your brainwaves, replace passwords with passthoughts ...
In the future, instead of trying to type your mixed-case, numbers-and-punctuation on a painfully small smartphone screen, logging in might be ...

Forget Passwords: This Startup Wants To Authenticate Your Mind
Biocatch detects fraud and identity theft based on your online behaviors. Most online identity security today is based on what you know (like ...