How to specify connection string for a SQL Server on a separate firewalled computer than the web server?

I am in a complex situation and I need to implement the following for my employer as soon as possible. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

The company wants to have a separate firewalled computer for SQL Server that is going to be used by their ASP.Net application. The IP address ( say:  172.213.76.60 )of this separate computer is known. Also, the port number on which SQL Server listens is known ( say: 221).  If the userid and password are 'sa' and 'sun21170' then what will the connection string look like for this situation? So in this situation SQL Server would be on 'computer1' and web server (i.e IIS) would be on a different computer 'computer2'.

sun21170
0
sun21170

Try this link for connection strings but you should also make sure the firewall did not remove TCP/IP in your Network configuration under server properties in Enterprise Manager, right click at the server level.  Hope this helps.

http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=81
Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre

Trusted Connection while the Web Server and The SQL server are on Separated Machine
Hi all, I would like to know the steps to create a trusted connection while while the Web Server and  The SQL server are on Separated Machine. Do I need to create a  WEBSERVER\ASPNET  user on my SQL server? I tried to to it but I could not see in the user DropDown in the SQL enterprise Manager... Thanks. ...

Problem with SQL Server connection string - provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26
Hi Guys, I am having a wierd problem. The system works perfectly when I am connected to the local network but throws the above error when I disconnect it from the network. Given below are my connectionstrings: integrated security=false;user id=U1;data source=localhost;persist security info=False;password=pwd1;initial catalog=MyDB //connection string to my database Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;User ID=U2;Password=pwd2 //connectionstring to aspnetdb for webparts I have also changed all the providers (SQLMembership, SQLProfile, SQLRole) to use LocalSQLServer and comme...

How to use Trusted Connection when SQL server and web Server are on two separate machines
For those of you that are trying to setup a secure database connection when your SQL Server is on a server other than your web server I found this great (easy to understand) article on it. I thought I would pass it along: http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/alexchang/archive/2004/04/15/11495.aspx Ted Ted, I posted the following comment after that blog post. "Using IIS 6 you can configure a trusted connection even with a firewall in between your SQL Server and Web Server, without using domain accounts and without using impersonation. You need to look into application pools.&qu...

Connection pool problem when separate SQL Server 2000 and IIS Web server to each machine.
I have ASP.NET application and connect to SQL Server 2000 using connection pool.My application work find if Web Server and SQL server stay in same machine (Connection can reach to max pool size value that I defined).When I seperate SQL Server to other machine (simply like 2 tiers architecture), I got problem , my application can not create connection to max pool size value Have something that I should do if I seperate Web and SQL server?Regards,   P.S This is my connection string Persist Security Info=False; Initial Catalog=CustomerDB; Data Source=Server01; Conn...

Connecting to SQL Server from Web Server
This is probably a very basic question, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this.  If I have a SQL server on our LAN and our Web server (running Microsoft Web Server OS) in my DMZ, and I want my Web server in the DMZ to be able to connect to the SQL server on the LAN, how do I go about doing that?  Do I use an ODBC connection?  I can't use SQL client tools because the Web Server OS will not allow me to install it.  Any help would be great.  Thanks in advance. Ryan   Do you have it hooked up in your web.config file?   <connecti...

SQL on separate server from Web Server
I keep getting the dreaded DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) My SQL server does allow mixed authentication, but the system still fails. Doe SQL have to be on the same machine as the web server? Does anyone else have the sql server on another machine from the web server? I'm getting frustrated. Thanks, Mike Yes, DNN is capable of running on different machines as you would like to do. The most likely reasons for this error are below. 1. Missing or incorrect SQL servername, u...

How to connect to SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 in one computer????
Hi All!!! In my Computer has MS SQL Server 2000(with default Instance) and now I Install MS SQL server 2005(with Instance name: SQL2005 ). Now I want to write Web Application to connect to the both databases (SQL Server 2000 and MS SQL Server 2005), How to Add connection string in my web.config to do it. Help me ??? Thanks & Regards, You can put the two connection strings in the web.config file and use either in your code..***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Hi !!! Thanks for your support !!! Please give me the connec...

connecting to a remote sql server from web server
i have an asp.net app in which i use windows integrated security and via the web client's user id, i need to connect to an sql server on the same domain in the intranet. But it does not work. There are some articles on this subject on the microsoft site. They say that i need to use either basic authentication or kerberos! Anyone has the same problem? It will be very embarressing for the intranet user to log on to the application whenever he/she opens the web page! I believe you will need to use Windows Authentication to make this work. ~Brad KingsleyMCSE, ASPInsiderwww.orcsweb.comP...

SQL Server / Web server connection troubles
I have a XP Pro machine that acts as our dev SQL machine, and I run my asp.net apps on my local machine (also XP Pro). I can connect (using QA) to the SQL Server just fine (using SQL Server authentication) but for some reason my ASP.net apps won't connect, even though I use the same connection string. I get 'SQL Server does not exist or access denied.' Do I need to set up special permissions or something on my ASPNET user to connect to the SQL Server machine? My local machine connects fine to several other SQL Servers including our off-site main serverfarm - so I can't work out what's...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all
When i enter log in, I get the following error page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the err...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allo
My site works fine in VWD2008 express, but I get this error when I try to use it on my live website. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.  According to this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914277  I am supposed to: 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, point to Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Surface Area Configuration. Ok, th...

Web resources about - How to specify connection string for a SQL Server on a separate firewalled computer than the web server? - asp.net.security

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

Connection And Collaboration In the Cloud
Forbes technology editor Bruce Upbin deconstructs the cloud and maps its potential to your life.

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack

Get ready for live-streamed extreme sports: Seattle startup Sioeye adds 4G connection to action cam
The history of people doing crazy stunts on camera is full of notable achievements. Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel jumped over whatever he ...