How to get and use token from Identity using Windows Authentication to connect to SQL 2005 from ASP.NET 2.0

The web server and SQL server are on 2 different servers in the same domain.  It may be the same server when the files get pushed to production.  I have set up IIS to use Integrated Windows Authentication only.  In my web.config file I have the following settings..
<connectionStrings>
    <add name="ConnectionStringName" connectionString="Data Source=Servername;Initial Catalog=Databasename;Integrated Security=SSPI"
      providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
  </connectionStrings>
 <authentication mode="Windows" />
        <authorization>
           <allow users="*"/>
           <deny users="?"/>
        </authorization>
        <identity impersonate='true'/>

In SQL there is a group of logins setup with Windows Authentication.
When I go to the application, a Windows Authentication Login pops up and I enter in my information.  First, is there a way to bypass the pop up since I'm already logged in...Second after I log in successfully, I receive the following error.  Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.   How do I access the token from the identity to be used to connect to SQL Server  Also, Kerberos is not an option.  Please be step by step descriptive.  Thanks!

0
vivajay

How to connect PB .NET Web Forms to MS SQL 2005 via SNC using "Windows Authentication"?
Dear All, I have a PowerBuilder native client / server application which connects fine to the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 back-end database via the SNC native driver using "Windows Authentication" (NOT "SQL Server Authentication"). The corresponding program code being used is as shown below: ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// String ls_userid, ls_password ls_userid = sle_id.Text ls_password = sle_password.Text IF Len(ls_userid) <> 0 AND Len(ls_password) <> 0 THEN // Pro...

Using Windows Authentication .NET 2.0
Hi - We developed and application that uses Windows Authentication with .NET 2.0. Of course it was developed on a developers machine and then deployed to our server environment, which is different that the developers. Our environment is set up like this: web server (IIS) has the application and .NET 2.0 framework on it. Database server is a seperate machine and is running SQL Server 2005. I have read all of the Microsoft articles about how to make this work, but I can't seem to get the configuration right. I have set up Domain\WebServer$ as a user in our database. I have configured w...

Create module using .NET ver 2.0 and use with DNN 2.1.2
Hi all, i would like to start to test the .NET 2.0 version of the framework ad i would like to know is there some problem if i write a module with the 2.0 version of .NET and use with DNN 2.1.2. Thanks Stefano...

Using ADO to connect to SQL Server 2005 or 2008 (Express and standard) using Windows Authentication
Hi, I apologize in advance if this is an overly simple question or I have simply overlooked the obvious. With the current project (it's client server not n-tier) I'm on, we usually connect using SQL Server authentication. We now have a customer that would like to us to connect to SQL server using Windows Authentication. The customer would like to control all access to SQL server using Active Directory rather than us having the username and password on the client side connecting via SQL Server Authentication. The app is still in D5 (don't ask ;) ), with all t...

Using forms authentication
HiI am writing an internet application that requires forms authentication to login remote usersI also want to connect to sql server using windows authenticationThe question is can Ido this?I thought if I allow IIS anonymous access, create an actual windows account to use for the anonymous access then in web.config, set impersonate = true and authentication mode = formsWill this work Many thanks Windows authentication is not delegatable unless you set up your configuration to use Kerberos.Setting up the anonymous account as a domain account with access to the database and impersonating this...

Error with using .Net 3.0 instead of .Net 2.0
Hi,  I have recently made a website in microsoft visual web developer 2005.  When I have uploaded my site to my host I am having trouble.  when I visit the page www.amcnewzealand.co.nz I get an error message.  My web hosting company does not support .net 3.0 but instead use .net 2.0.  My website is made with file extensions .aspx.  I am usure how to tell what version of .net I am using and wether this is the only cause.  At first there was a 403 error occuring. Help would be much appreciated as I have been struggling with this for some time. The version...

Using forms authentication but connect to sql server using windows authentication
HiI want to use forms authentication to login to my internet application, but I want to connect to sql server 2000 using windows authentication ( via impersonation of a single windows domain account ) ( Windows 2000 server )Both web server and sql server are running on different machinesCan you tell me the configurations I need to do to allow thisThanks timoth by default the ASP.Net will try to connect with your SQl Server using ASP.Net Services Account. If you are not using a Domain Account for ASp.Net service then you can use Mirrored account i.e. create a local account with same name an...

PB 10.2.0 Connect SQL Server Using ADO.NET Provider
I have a problem with connection to SQL Server database using ADO.NET after upgrading to PB10.2.0 build 8011 runtime on the client machine. But it worked fine in version 10.0.1 build 6044 . Anyone can help me to figure ot that problem? TIA. John Ho. Can you try to provide details of the problem? <John Ho> wrote in message news:427aeaa1.7f95.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have a problem with connection to SQL Server database > using ADO.NET after upgrading to PB10.2.0 build 8011 runtime > on the client machine. But it worked fine in version 10.0.1 > build 604...

Oracle database connection using Visual Studio 2005 and .Net 2.0 framework
My connection string is in my web config file, generated when I added a sql data source.  I can go under tools and connect to database and compare the connection string there to the one in web config and they are the same but when I try to view my page which contains a gridview I get a database connection error saying  "Keyword not supported: 'unicode'."  When I remove the unicode=true parameter from the connection string then I get an error message about trying to connect to sql server.  Could someone please give me a clue on how to go about solvin...

ORA-1722 using PB5.0.03 and SQL*NET 2.3.3.0.0
Hi there! Does anyone know how we can update a numeric datatype field from a datawindow using PB5.0.03, Oracle 7.3, SQL*Net 2.3.3.0.0, Windows 95 on the client side and Windows NT 4.1 on the server side? When we try to change the value of a numeric field, for example from 13 to 12, we get an ORA-1722 when we save the changes back to the database. We have tried the connection parameter disablebind=0 and it works fine, we don't get the error, but we need that parameter set to 1 because we are using stored procedures as data sources for some datawindows in our application. ...

Using .Net 2.0 and System.Web.UI.WebControls.Treeview with SQL Reporting Services 2005 for navigation and display.
I spent several hours sifting through article after article about how to build tree navigations dynamically.  They assumed that the order of the data coming in was 'orderly' and that you were usually using the IE Web Control toolkit which is a .Net 1.0 package.  In our environment 2.0+, that would not work for us and we needed to ensure browser compatibility.  Thanks to a colleagues suggestion of recursion, I came up with the following code below.  It's length is due to all the detailed commenting.  Feel free to comment on it, any positives or...

Implementing Security using WSE 3.0 and .Net 2.0
Greetings,  I've written a ton of webservices in the past but have never touched WSE or applied any turnkey security policies before. I'm looking for a basic tutorial or article that will walk me through setting up security on a web service using WSE 3.0. I've come across several Microsoft articles but they are more overviews rather than step-by-step implementation guides. (http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/webservices/building/wse/default.aspx?pull=/msdnmag/issues/05/11/securitybriefs/default.aspx)(http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/11/securitybriefs/default.as...

Web resources about - How to get and use token from Identity using Windows Authentication to connect to SQL 2005 from ASP.NET 2.0 - asp.net.security

Authentication - Facebook-Entwickler
Please note: On October 3, 2012, the offline_access permission will be removed. If you are building...

Facebook Adds Two Factor Authentication for Login and Redesigns Family Safety Center
... announced the release of several new tools to help users stay safe while using the site. Soon, users will be able to enable two factor authentication ...

YouTube - How To Hack Twitter's New Two Factor Authentication
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 Connect! http://toopher.com http://facebook.com/toopherinc http://twitter.com/toopher CEO Josh Alexander wants ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

Hands on: Twitter two-factor authentication
Optus and Vodafone customers need not apply when it comes to Twitter's two-factor authentication.