How to add users to a SQL Server DB used for authentication using SQL query

Hi,

I am looking for a simple way to add users manually to a SQL Server DB (set up using aspnet_regsql.exe) via a SQL query. What are the required values, that have to be set in the different tables?

Thanks in advance,
Markus
0
twomm

By default SqlMembershipProvider calls the aspnet_Membership_CreateUser stored procedure to create a user, you can use T-SQL statment like sp_help aspnet_Membership_CreateUser to learn how to use it.
Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese
http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38
0
Iori_Jay

Will IIS 7 Application Pool Identity Always be Used as the User When Authenticating to SQL Server Using Integrated Security?
 Hello, Will the IIS 7 application pool identity always be used as the user when authenticating to SQL Server using Integrated Security in an application's connection string?If you reply with a yes or no answer, could you please post a link to somewhere that describes the use of Integrated Security connections with ASP.NET applications?  In my case, IIS7 & SQL Server 2008 are running on the same machine.Thank You for any help! Hi,DarinessIIS 7.application pool runs under "Network Service" account by default.SQL Server Integrated Security is applied through...

Attach SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net
Is there any way to attach a SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net?  If so can you also set security? Can you rephrase your question? Attach SQL DB from which version of SQL server ? Look up books online for sp_attachdb and sp_detachdb.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I have a DB that was created in SQL Server 2005.  I have a website that displays data from systems all over the world.  Each system sends it's data to it's own DB.  The customer can then go to a website and see the data at real time.  What ...

Using forms authentication
HiI am writing an internet application that requires forms authentication to login remote usersI also want to connect to sql server using windows authenticationThe question is can Ido this?I thought if I allow IIS anonymous access, create an actual windows account to use for the anonymous access then in web.config, set impersonate = true and authentication mode = formsWill this work Many thanks Windows authentication is not delegatable unless you set up your configuration to use Kerberos.Setting up the anonymous account as a domain account with access to the database and impersonating this...

Using forms authentication but connect to sql server using windows authentication
HiI want to use forms authentication to login to my internet application, but I want to connect to sql server 2000 using windows authentication ( via impersonation of a single windows domain account ) ( Windows 2000 server )Both web server and sql server are running on different machinesCan you tell me the configurations I need to do to allow thisThanks timoth by default the ASP.Net will try to connect with your SQl Server using ASP.Net Services Account. If you are not using a Domain Account for ASp.Net service then you can use Mirrored account i.e. create a local account with same name an...

connecting to SQL Server 7 using ole db provider for Sql Server
I had problems trying to do this with a grid so I am now trying to add a new connection in the Server Explorer. I added all the neccessary info and when I hit "Test Connection" it is successful but when I ckick on "OK" I get an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Anybody know what is wrong? Thanks....

how to connect sql server using sql query?
Hi all, Please explain how to connect sql server using sql query?. My problem is need to get the data from one server table and insert into another server tables using stored procedure. It is possible by using C# coding. But i need to do using stored procedure. becoz each server have own connection string, username and password.  Please anyone help me? Thanks in advance!!! Hi, You can create a linked server between the two databases and then fire the queries. http://www.sqlservercurry.com/2008/03/how-to-set-up-your-database-for.html   HTH,Suprotim AgarwalA...

Why do we often use SQL Authentication to connect to SQL server?
Hi,From Building Secure ASP.NET application book, I see that Window Authentication is more secure than SQL Authentication when you connect to database. You don't have to secure the credentials. However, it seems that many Web applications are using SQL Authentication than using Window Authentication. Why does it happen? Can you explain to me, please?Thank in advance,Duc  Windows authentication requires a Windows login account.  This requires client access licenses.  A hosting service with 500 sites on a server would require 500 client access licenses for Windows, simply ...

"Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server" using sql server express and vwde. why?
I've set up a website on another computer using sql server express and visual web developer express, and it works as expected. However halfway through the development i've had to move to another computer. I installed visual web developer express + sql server express, and copied the project files across, but now when I attempt to run it I get the error:Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed. I've tried reinstalling the software and it doesn't help. Any idea why this is happening, and...

Any security issues using Impersonation along with Forms Authentication with Integrated Security (SQL SERVER 2000)?
I currently running a ASP.NET application (Visual studio 2003) with SQL Server 2000. For security I am using forms authentication and integrity security for sql server enabling the ASP.NET account. I am developing a module that create, delete and upload files on  a network directory. If I set impersonation in the web config to true and specify a username/password  will that conflict with my current security? Would it be better to make impersonation specific to this page? Any ideas on the approach?  Thanks    ...

move data from access to sql server 7.0 using sql queries
Hi All, I hope I am at the right place to post this question: How can I move the tables with its data from Access to SQL Server 7.0 using SQL queries. Later I might put everything in the store procedure and have a third party running the store-procedure to do it by itself. Please advice what should I do first? Do I create new tables in the s SQL Server 7 or can I move the data and create the tables at the same time?..Thank you. You can do this using DTS from your SQL server.  You can create the package, and even make it recurring if you so choose. This is a link describing DTS f...

Use Custom Service Account for connecting to SQL Server using windows authentication
My web server has IIS 6.0 and is not in my company's domain. I created a virtual drectory for the ASP. NET 2005 application. I am trying to connect to SQL server which is in domain with Windows Authentication. I created a local account on WEB SERVER ex. CustomASP, I assigned it with ASP.NET permissions. Created a new application pool with configurable user the local account and assigned the ASP .NET application to the pool. Now I need to create on SQL Server a login & grant access to the custom service account created (handles the application pool). How am i goin...

creating ssis packagte for sql server to sql serer using C#.net
Hi friendsdoes any one has code or urls which can help me to create the ssis pacakage which will transfer data from sql server to sql server databaseswith some manipulationsthanks so much Lad LaxmikantPune You are probably in the wrong forum.  This forum is for questions relating to ASP.NET Dynamic Data. thanks,David...

Creating a SQL Server linked server to Interbase using 64 bit SQL Server
Hi, I am trying to use the data direct odbc driver for interbase to create a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2 64bit however, SQL Server reports an "Arcitechure Mismatch" between the System DSN and SQL Server. This did work under 32 bit SQL Server. Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I have tried using the IBProvider trial as well but this fails to work in SQL Server as well. Our Interbase client(s) and server are all 64 bit installations. Thank you Julian Dawson wrote: > Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I think Easy...

Web resources about - How to add users to a SQL Server DB used for authentication using SQL query - asp.net.security

Authentication - Facebook-Entwickler
Please note: On October 3, 2012, the offline_access permission will be removed. If you are building...

Facebook Adds Two Factor Authentication for Login and Redesigns Family Safety Center
... announced the release of several new tools to help users stay safe while using the site. Soon, users will be able to enable two factor authentication ...

YouTube - How To Hack Twitter's New Two Factor Authentication
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 Connect! http://toopher.com http://facebook.com/toopherinc http://twitter.com/toopher CEO Josh Alexander wants ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

Hands on: Twitter two-factor authentication
Optus and Vodafone customers need not apply when it comes to Twitter's two-factor authentication.