How I can redirect the user to logout page when user clicks Refresh or Back button

Hi,

        I need help on how can  i redirect the user to logout page after he clicks refresh or back button.

      I am implementing online exam.

0
nrn

Hi

You may try the following work-arounds and prevent postbacks that are generated by ASP.NET server controls from being added to the Web browser history folder

Please view the section "How to retain only the most recent Web page state in the Web browser history folder" in this article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913721

Best Regards
XiaoYong Dai
Microsoft Online Community Support

XiaoYong

customvalidator on a user control UC1 when the user clicks a button located on a different user control UC2 on the page
Hi, I am maintaining page where a user control is initialized  dynamically. The user control UC1 has a customvalidator using server side validation. When the postback is caused by a button inside the user control UC1 causes the postback, the customvalidator works fine and I get my validation results displayed. However, If I click a button located on a second user control UC2 on the main aspx page, the validation doesn t execute and I get no result validation error displayed. My question,how can I make the validation execute on the user control  UC1 when the postback is caused by...

How can I save my previous page so that i can go back by clicking back hyperlink button from my other page
hi thereHow can I save my previous page so that i can go back by clicking back hyperlink button from my other pageif any one can help me out , its would be thanksplease show ur answer with code if u couldthankssyed If I understand you correctly you want the Browser back button to take the user back to the previous page and not to the expired page. Use Page.SmartNavigation = true; in all your pages so that the postback url is not added. In this case you will only see the initial page not the ones that are result of a postback because they require form submitted data from even pre...

I Want to create a tool box,toolbox contains image button and fileupload.These two buttons can be added at runtime(user can add any number of image button and fileupload button dynamically by click)
I Want to create a tool box,toolbox contains image button and fileupload buttons.These two buttons can be added at runtime(user can add any number of image button and fileupload button dynamically by click).for every image user will browse images using fileuploader and he will add the image to that imagebutton at runtime. how to write server side coding to upload the selected image and to set that image to imagebutton at runtime? is it possible? any other way to do it?  advance thanks ask123: I Want to create a tool box,toolbox contains image button and fileupload b...

A change done by one user can be seen by other users without having them to refresh the page
Hi, Let say I have a page with a GridView in it. What I'm trying to do is when there are more than one users who open this page, and there is one user who updates the content of the GridView, then all users can see the changes without having them to refresh the page (the changes is seen by all users instantly right after a user updates the content). Is this possible? How? My idea is to use Ajax Timer control and makes it refreshes the GridView frequently but it seems it will affect network data traffic significantly. I need a more elegant solution. Thanks in advance, Haris &nb...

refresh a page 5 minutes after a user click a button
Hi.. Is it possible to refresh a page 5 minutes after user click a button? I have a button called Send Message. This process requires a lot of times since it need to send data to some hardware devices through satellite etc etc. The data is updated only 5 minutes after user click the Send Message button. Is it possible to do this in ASP.net? I tried using timer.. but doesn't work. Dim Timer1 as System.Timers.Timer 'Placed Before The Web Form Designer Generated Code Private Sub sendMsg_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles refreshB...

how to redirect user after logout followed by browsers back button
hi, i have a asp.net web application. i use authentication . i check the login names and password against databse table then on success i store the data in session variables. once the user logs out i dispose the data. if the user hits the back button he can still see the ealier page due to caching is there a way to redirect the user to login page when the user hits the back button instead of getting data from the cache.? if i disable caching with Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache); the user cant see the cached data but the browser says ...

logout problem(after logout when clicking on back button after logout still opens the previous page viewed before logout )
Hi all, I am using ASP.NET, the Problem is When After First, a new user signs in and work for while and logouts. But when  he logs out, he still can view the Previous page  which he should not have visited without logging in.  How can it prevent the previous page after logout? Anyone can provide code for this. Thanks in advance.   You can use Session.Abandon(); at logout. and can check forSession.Count <1on load of any page. if Session.Count is 0 you can redirect the user to other page.Hope it helps. Hope it helps.-Manas==========================...

Can I determine when a user clicked the "Refresh"button
Users for my webapplicatio have to use Internet Explorer. Is there a way I can determine when a user clicks the "Refresh" button in Internet Explorer?Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". JohanNL,  what i've done in the past is write the server variables such as logon_user, ip,url path, http referer, time, etc.... all the server variables you want - i've stuck a stored proc that inserts those to a table in my master page and collected some good info that way - it's useful for seei...

How to restrict the user from viewing the previous page when back button is clicked?
I need to restrict the user from viewing the previous pages(either we need to redirect him to login page/show an expiry page) when back button is clicked. This has to be handled from code behind in asp.net 2.0  not from javascript. Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advance.    Hi, In the page load event try to use  (c#):Response.Buffer = true;Response.ExpiresAbsolute = DateTime.Now.AddDays(-1d); Response.Expires = -1500; Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"; Best Regards. Thanks Bilal_Salih for your reply.I have master and child pages. Wh...

Ref:Login , Security failure when user click Back button??
Ref:Login , Security failure when user click Back button?? hi I am about to deploy my web application but I need to have some kind of security on the pages. I have total of 5 aspx pages in my web application. I have created a login.aspx and a default.aspx. The user first will put his username and password, then once he/she click login, he will be directed to the default.aspx, where there is a menu at the top of all aspx pages for navigation. The login.aspx works fine to verify the user's name and password,so he/she can view all pages. but when the user click on log ...

Can you prevent a user from clicking on the "Back" button?
I have a ASP 2.0 app that uses some session variables.  The flow of control allows the user to start over at the first screen from the last screen, but returning to the first screen from the last screen clobbers some of the session variables so clicking on the "Back" button to return to the last screen won't work properly. Is there a way to programmatically erase history of the previous pages including the previous screen so the web browser will disable the back button? Thanks, Dave HI Dave.. wat i understood from ur question is ..1)u want to disable the back button ...

Formsview
I have successfully managed to create an Insert Form using the FormView Control. However, after inserting the record, the user is returned to the same Insert page. How can I redirect the user to another page e.g. Results.aspx after they have clicked the Insert button? I have read somewhere that one can use Response.Redirect("Results.aspx") to achieve this. However, where in the code would I put this?My example is a very simple one - I have a form with 2 fields; FName and LName. The code follows - Thanks in advance for your assitance: <form id="form1" runat="server"> <div> <...

Redirecting user to login page when Back button of browser pressed
 Hello everyone,When ever user log in I am mainting his state in session and on logout I am removing this info from session . Problem is on  logout event I am removing this information and redirecting user to login page now on this login page if user press "Back" button of browser he is able to see the last page from where he has logged out. I want to prevent user to see this page. And on browsers back button no server event is generating and thats why I am not able to handle this condition. I want user should be redirected to  login page  on back button of ...

How can I prevent the user click Button again when he had clicked it?
Hi,there I have a Web Control 'Button' How can I prevent the user click it again when he had clicked? Thanks... Assuming it's a Server Control, in the function/sub that handles your onClick event for that button, just disable the button the first time it's pressed. Private Sub myButton_onClick(....) myButton.enabled=False (do other stuff now) End sub Thanks... But I thank it must be controled on client script. This method can't prevent the user click Button again when client is waiting server'response. You don't really want to do that...

Web resources about - How I can redirect the user to logout page when user clicks Refresh or Back button - asp.net.security

Wikipedia:Redirect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page documents an English Wikipedia editing guideline . It is a generally accepted standard that editors should attempt to follow, though ...

Asteroid Redirect Mission: Boulder Collection Concept - YouTube
This animation illustrates one of two robotic mission concepts under consideration for NASA's Asteroid Redirect Mission. In this concept, the ...

CloudFlare boss’s Gmail hacked in redirect attack on 4Chan
Content distribution network CloudFlare reset all its customer API keys over the weekend after its CEO’s personal and corporate Gmail was breached ...

Return to sender: is it really that hard to redirect your mail when you move?
Scrawling &quot;return to sender&quot; on past residents' mail is getting old, writes Meena Evers.

Parramatta shootings: We need to redouble our efforts to redirect all at-risk teens from a destructive ...
He was too young to drive, and too young to vote. We may discover why he killed, but we may not. What we can do is boost our efforts to divert ...

Budget 2015: Generic drug prices expected to fall as Government redirects health spending
Patients will benefit from a significant drop in the price of many common drugs with changes due in next week's budget.

Redirect 'spying,' ad funds to student jobs, Tories told
The federal government is highlighting its funding for student summer jobs at the same time it has come under fire from the opposition for the ...

Colorado governor candidate redirects volunteers to Douglas County races
KUSA-Republican gubernatorial candidate and current Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler is wading into a local school board election. ...

China’s ‘Great Cannon’ Uses DDoS Style Redirects for Censorship
... the great firewall works to block traffic by terminating links; it can’t alter the traffic, just stop it. The great cannon modifies and redirects ...

Apple - Redirect to Terms
Apple - Redirect to Terms