Help!! Server Error in '/' Application.

Hi Everyone,

I'm having some problems I need help with...

When I run my asp.net vb app in Visual Studio, it works fine, when I run it on a IIS server, when I login, it errors out! Any code that doesn't login works fine. I incorporated my ASPNETDB tables into an access database with a C# membership class.

 I am using an Access data as my provider, Here is a portion of my web config. I have been searching foumns and such for the last two days.

 Thanks

Bill

<connectionStrings>

<add name="Green CardConnectionString"

connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|Green Card.mdb"

providerName="System.Data.OleDb" />

<add name="OleDbServices"

connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|Green Card.mdb"

providerName="System.Data.OleDb"/>

</connectionStrings>

<membership defaultProvider="OleDbProvider"

userIsOnlineTimeWindow="15">

<providers>

<add

name="OleDbProvider"

type="Binarywater.NET.ASP.Providers.OleDbMembershipProvider"

connectionStringName="OleDbServices"

enablePasswordRetrieval="false"

enablePasswordReset="true"

requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"

maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"

applicationName="MyApplication"

writeExceptionsToEventLog="true" />

</providers>

</membership>

<roleManager defaultProvider="OleDbRoleProvider"

enabled="true"

cacheRolesInCookie="true"

cookieName=".ASPROLES"

cookieTimeout="30"

cookiePath="/"

cookieRequireSSL="false"

cookieSlidingExpiration="true"

cookieProtection="All" >

<providers>

<clear />

<add

name="OleDbRoleProvider"

type="Binarywater.NET.ASP.Providers.OleDbRoleProvider"

connectionStringName="OleDbServices"

applicationName="MyApplication"

writeExceptionsToEventLog="false" />

</providers>

</roleManager>

Bill
0
OrlandoBill

 what is the error??

can you check the event log if possible

/GuruBhai
0
guru_sarkar
11/27/2008 9:45:36 PM

An exception occurred communicating with the data source. Action: ValidateUser Exception: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an updateable query. at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(OleDbHResult hr) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Binarywater.NET.ASP.Providers.OleDbMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username, String password)

This works when run from VS 2008, but not when used on IIS Server as my localhost

Bill
0
OrlandoBill
11/27/2008 11:26:42 PM
This works when run from VS 2008, but not when used on IIS Server as my localhost
not really sure of error ....but see if that has to do with the permission to ASPNET account or NetworkService account to access your DB

/GuruBhai
0
guru_sarkar
11/27/2008 11:31:49 PM

Hey Thanks for you quick replys, I was thinking, about the error, something about an update query, so I checked the permission on the App_Data folder and the write permission were NOT set, I set it to allow writes (lastlogindate) and its working!

Thanks

Bill
0
OrlandoBill

My remote site will not log-in or successfully create an account, it says 'RUNTIME ERROR' 'Server Error in '/' Application' (does work in local) PLEASE HELP! thanks
Hi, I have VB2005 and i made a form using the video from 'Get Started' and I used the default wizard (ie: Login, Create Account...) When i publish via frontpage i use 'FTP' first and then 'Frontpage or Sharepoint Services'. Note my host is ASP.net 2.0 enabled and Frontpage Server Ext. 2002... When i open my site www.thegamehouse.co.nz and go into create account, I create an account but when i click 'Create' it loads real slow for 10 secs then says the following: (Actual Error) Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the...

Server Error in '/' Application. Invalid XML. Missing required tag <CodeGroup> for type 'System.Security.Policy.PolicyLevel'.
I'm just learning Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition and have been through all the tutorials but have been stuck at a point at which I need to deploy my web site. My web host supports ASP.net 2.0 and I have used the "Website-->Copy Web Site" option from the top menu to deploy my site. The files copy to the root directory of my site successfully. However, when I attempt to run default.aspx I am given this error: Server Error in '/' Application. Invalid XML. Missing required tag <CodeGroup> for type 'System.Security.Policy.PolicyLevel'. Description: An unhandled exc...

Server Error in '/' Application? Need help figuring out error message
I have successfuly created a web application, and have built and ran it on my PC under inetpub/wwwroot. Now when I deploy it to the company web server and try to run it I get the following error message. The message does not give me enough information to figure out what is wrong. Could someone pleae help me out?Here is the message:Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error ...

.NET Error Message "Server Error in '/' Application."
I continue to get this error message randomly for several .NET applications and I'm trying to determine if this issue is "Permissions" or "Application Configuration" related.  What are the necessary NTFS security groups and rights that should be applied to the file directories?  Or what is the resolution to resolving this complex problem? HELP! moblack29   The first step is posting the full error message. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Help me for Server Error in '/' Application.
I am getting an errorServer Error in '/' Application.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an app...

Help with Server Error in '/' Application
 hi whenever i try to go enter some site this comes up, does anyone know how to fix this. i am using window xp home thanks, Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Source Error: The source code that generated this unhandled excep...

Server Error in '/' Application......help
I bought new hosting but getting the following error, the same app. is working at one free server. The guys at hosting company could'nt figure out this. I tried things what are suggested in this error but to no avail. Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be vi...

Server Error in '/' Application...Help!!!!!!!!
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I am using the new VS2008 and when I run it locally it works great. But when I upload it to an IIS7 Server it blowsup every time, and no matter what I do it justs keeps doing the same thing. Here is the Error message that I get and it is the same everytime.  Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!   Server Error in '/' Application. Request is not available in this context Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and...

server error in '/' Application Incorrect syntax near ','.
This code used to work now I get an error(error follows code)  can anyone tell me where I went wrong?[vbcode]i = 0            For i = 0 To 7                If requests(i) <> "" Then                    request = requests(i)                    Dim sql1 As String =...

GoDaddy Login control Error, Server Error in '/' Application. error: 26
Hi,  I have developed a website in asp.net and published the webpages and database to the remote server as per the instructions of godaddy help site article. I have also updated the connection string in web config file so that it points to the database on remote server. Site was working fine when I tested on my local site. connection string also works fine on remote server, which is proved by the grid view information displayed on the home page, however when I go to the Login Page and try to login I get the below error message and the same error message when I try to create a new user ...

Server Error in '/' Application
Hi, I am new with asp.net i made very simple program , like if u press button then in label1 it will show fosiul. I can run it with my computer , but when i uploaded it at my web server, fosiul.co.uk , then it giving me Server Error in '/' Application error message and also Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To ena...

Server Error in '/' Application Security Exception
  I'm trying to preview and debug my web app from my development machine and I'm not able to do it. I have designed other previous apps and I was able to do it but after I install Ajax on my develpment meachine I'm getting this application error. is this because of Ajax or because other issue. thanks for any help I can get.  Server Error in '/' Application. Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact yo...

help! Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application.
When I finish install the dnn2.0 , the page beccome: Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: An unhandled exception was...

Server Error in '/' Application
Dears,I get a problem for the website.I can run porperly in my computer, but after I uploaded to server.Error happened. Actually I am not good at asp.Please help meThank you Using your Visual Studio 2005 you should to use Publish Web Site option.from Villa El Salvador for world! Hi What happens in your code is the application attempted to perform an operation (reuse NotAllowPartiallyTrustedCallers assemblies) not allowed by the security policy. For testing purposes You can try to add this line in your web.config   <system.web>    <trust level="Full&qu...

Web resources about - Help!! Server Error in '/' Application. - asp.net.security