Get Client PC Name!

Hi All!

I want to get the client pc name when the client Access my page. Please give me the solution , THanks

0
duynnh

 This cannot be done using plain javascript. If you really want to do it, you will have to use some activex control or java applet.

Regards,
Prashant

Prashant
2/15/2008 6:08:41 AM

hi

you can use

Request.UserHostAddress

Request.UserName

Regards.
mimranshafiq
.NET Web Developer
http://www.dotnetclassic.com

As a user has told you, you will have to use an active x control which is IE specific. Moreover if you are using anonymous mode security, you will not be able to retrieve user information.

Response.Write(Server.HtmlEncode(Request.UserHostName));

Check the HttpRequest.UserHostName Property.

HTH,
Suprotim Agarwal

-----
http://www.dotnetcurry.com
http://www.sqlservercurry.com
-----

ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips
0
Suprotim

Get Client pc name
I used System.Net .DNS.GetHostname to get client pc name, but it is for Server name that application is hosted. How can i get client pc name ? Thanks Dim strClientIP As String strClientIP = Request.UserHostAddress() Response.Write(strClientIP)Chinna_sv... Request.UserHostNameRequest.UserHostAddress SHASHANK BHIDECAPGEMINI INDIA"THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS ALWAYS UNDER CONSTRUCTION MARK MY RESPONSE AS ANSWER TO HELP ME BUILD IT :)" You can not find client's computer name but you can track client's IP Address. Vivek_9decTest:You can not find client's computer name...

.NET Provider installed only on client PC but not on PC with databse server
Is it possible to access database server thru ADO.NET if .NET Provider is installed only on client PC but not on PC with database server? I think the question is of general database access understanding though the database is SQLBase.Guennadi Vanine - Gennady Vanin - Геннадий Ванин...

Client PC Name
Hi, I'm after retrieving the PC Name or IP Address that the client is currently using. This is for an internal website and for a security precaution only certain tasks on the page con be controlled from a certain PC. Is there any way I can get this information? Either through .NET or javascript etc.Thanks for the help in advance.Simon  Hi, For IP Address you can use Request.UserHostAddress and for name use Request.UserHostName Regards, Mustakim MansuriRegards,Mustakim Mansuri (MCTS, MCPD)Cybage Software Pvt. Ltd....

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

Getting client machine name
Hi, I can get the client's IP address with Request("REMOTE_HOST") but is there a way to get the client machine's NT name? (I know that the client will be Win 2000) Thanks in advance, Nic Hi, To get the IP use : Request.UserHostAddress To get the machine Name user : Server.MachineName Quicky Nope, Server.MachineName gets the SERVER'S NAME, not the CLIENT'S... you could try request.userhostname i think that you have to enable reverse DNS lookups on your server so it will lookup the DNS name by IP address....

How to get client user name?
Hi all,   I have a ASP.NET project deployed in company domain, I need to implement single-sign on in it, it means when client pc opens this web site, system will get client user name and sign in automatic, the users from client were authenticated in domain. Currently, I use following three ways to get client user name: HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.NameThread.CurrentPrincipal.Identity.NameRequest.ServerVariables["logon_user"] In IIS, if checked 'Anonymous Access', it will ignore the user information from client, and the three methdos above returned blank....

Get Client Computer Name
I'm attempting to retrieve the client computer name from my ASP.NET web application. I'm using System.Net.Dns.GetHostName(). This is returning the computer name of the web server. The application is being used an a Windows 2000 Active Directory Intranet. How do I get the name of the client computer, not the web server name? Thank you. Try either Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_HOST"] for the client computername or Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"] for the client ip address Regards Fredr!k Close... Request.ServerVariables("remote_a...

security: client: error: on named
I'm seeing the following types of errors in my named.run Jun 25 15:44:48.000 security: client: error: client 192.168.10.5#3990: update '10.168.192.IN-ADDR.ARPA/IN' denied NW 6.5sp1.1 NAMED.NLM Loaded from [SYS:\SYSTEM\] (Address Space = OS) eDirectory integrated Novell DNS SERVER Version 6.01.02 March 18, 2004 Copyright 1997-2003 Novell Inc. All rights reserved. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable well, if you want your clients to update their own address inf...

ZAC command to get PC name
Hi, I would like to run a script on Vista PCs that will use the ZCM workstation name as parameter, does somebody know if there is a zac option or another way to get the ZCM workstation name in a script (VBScript or Powershell) ? Thank you Patrick I think with ziswin.exe you should be able to get the device name back from image safe data. -- whenz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Indy
Hello, When I execute the following the server does not return and it disconnectes the client attempting to connect. It works if I run with the client on the same machine as the server application but hangs when a client is on a different machine. So I am not sure why this would just hang. Using Builder 2010. void __fastcall TForm1::IdTCPServer1Connect(TIdContext *AContext) { TMyContext *Ctx = (TMyContext*) AContext; String HostName = GStack->HostByAddress(AContext->Connection->Socket->Binding->PeerIP); } I cut the code down to just this to sim...

How to get the clients Windows Machine Name?
Hi, Does anyone know which object I can use to obtain the workstations machine name that is visiting the web page? I know all users will be using Windows so this is not an issue. If their isn't a direct ASP Object, I will have to use WMI to obtain this. Cheers, Nick...

Gets the names of all printers installed on client.
I used:PrinterSettings.InstalledPrintersto get the names of all printers installed on the computer's client.  But i just got the names of printers installed on web server.  Which command i should you to get the names of all printers installed on the computer's client?  Please help me.Thank you for reading this message. Hi,ASP.NET runs on the server so it's normal that you get the list of printers available to the server. If you want to obtain a list of printers available to the client you need something that can perform this action on the client. ActiveX or a sig...

Get a great link about .net security
Hi Guys, For learning about .net security please ccheck the following link. It's great ! http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=3&q=http://csdl.computer.org/comp/proceedings/itcc/2004/2108/02/210820438abs.htm&e=7317 Thanx,Ashraf Clicky.. http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=3&q=http://csdl.computer.org/comp/proceedings/itcc/2004/2108/02/210820438abs.htm&e=7317 Cheers!Sunny NAGIProper Preparation Prevents Poor PerformanceDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you....

Web resources about - Get Client PC Name! - asp.net.security

Fat client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the name is contrasted to thin client , which describes a computer heavily dependent on a server's applications. A fat client still requires ...

Facebook Forms EMEA Client Council
Facebook announced the formation of its EMEA Client Council in a post in Spanish on the Facebook for Business page by vice president for Europe, ...

Facebook hires: Carsabi team, head of policy France, marketing mix science lead, client partners and ...
... Manager (Prineville) Chief Facility Engineer (Prineville) SMB Associate, French (Dublin) User Operations – Contract (Menlo Park) Client ...

Acquire Learning casts 'a very dark shadow' over its clients
The desperate and jobless are sold hope, but all they are buying is debt "You can hear it in how these clients talk," says a former call-centre ...

Never Complain To Clients Or Adversaries
Even trial lawyers that learn and have fun all the time deal with frustrations and have their gripes. But we should never share those gripes ...

The 2015 Awards Report: See the World's Most Creative Agencies, Campaigns and Clients
We present the winners of our 2015 Awards Report, highlighting the most creatively celebrated companies and personalities of the year. As you'll ...

Anchorage Assembly candidate drops out rather than reveal tutoring clients
... Anchorage Budget Advisory Commission, has withdrawn a bid for the Assembly because she did not want to list the names and addresses of clients ...

Chatting with coworkers, clients, friends and others is easy as Pie
... uses your companys domain). This also means that you can now set up teams to chat with people outside your company, including partners, clients, ...

Apple Says U.K. Surveillance Law Would Endanger All Clients
Apple Inc. outlined its opposition to a proposed U.K. surveillance law, saying threats to national security don’t justify weakening privacy and ...

The relationship between UPS and Amazon, its biggest client, is fraying
The relationship between Amazon and the United Parcel Service is fraying, The Wall Street Journal reports . The Amazon account at UPS is, according ...