Fail to Call EXE (Which is calling a web page) in Server with ASP.net

Hi,

I have created desktop applications in visual basic .net (Framework 2.0) which access the web information from a particular site. This application is working great. There is no problem at all.

Now I want to call this exe from web, for that I have set up asp.net application, using the process class of the System.Diagnostics namespace, it is calling exe. Its is also working great when I run this from the ASP.Net Development Server.But When I setup this asp.net application into IIS. Its getting some problem and even I can not see the error or exe because aspnet user is accessing this and it is executing in background.

Here I have tried much to resolve this proble like:

1)     I have assing the full access to this exe using the .net framework configration setup

2)    I have given web access permission using System.Net namespace in my exe as well as in asp.net code.

3)    And I have placed aspnet user inside the administrator group also.

4)    I have also tried to execute that exe with different user in Process.Start(), but I failed to to this.

5)    I have also tried to execute particular code under the different user account, but when I tried this the code is executing under different user account but this exe is executing under the aspnet. I also did not understand why this is happening But I could not find any solution at all.So can anyone please help me,

What should I do to run a desktop application that is accessing a web page from the asp.net page under IIS.

Thanks,

Pratik

0
pratik

pratik.kansara:
Hi,

But When I setup this asp.net application into IIS. Its getting some problem and even I can not see the error or exe because aspnet user is accessing this and it is executing in background

Hi

ASP-processing thread with IIS runs under its anonymous user process account, meaning that you won't see any window or be able to communicate with the process from the account your currently logged into. BTW, why do you want to start desktop application with UI on unmanned web server?

Best Regards
XiaoYong Dai
Microsoft Online Community Support

XiaoYong

It's ok if I don't be able to see that process, but  why my exe is getting some problem when it's trying to connect with a particular web site? I have created a log file in that exe in which I can see that the exe is getting problem when it tries to connect with internet with Web - Browser control. the other commands are fired successfully, that I can see from the log file. And If I try to run that exe without using a web - browser control, it's executing successfully. And even I have also given the permission/rights to use internet access to that exe.

So what is happening here? Can you please give me proper guidance so that I can do more research in right direction?

Thanks,

Pratik

0
pratik
7/3/2008 5:54:13 AM

Hi

Not sure why the same function doesn't work in background, you may pack up the copy of project and try to simplify it. then send it to Visual Studio team with detailed retro steps

https://connect.microsoft.com/visualstudio
Our VisualStudio team member will triage and resolve the problem. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards
XiaoYong Dai
Microsoft Online Community Support

XiaoYong

Yeah sure, Thanks for the help

Pratik

0
pratik

Calling an EXE in calling computer through web application from server
I have an EXE in my local system. I have a web application in my local server and I have a asp:button in a page in the application. I'm running that web application from my local computer through IE and click that button, it should run the EXE which is present in my system. Provided the folder which contains the EXE file is not shared in my computer. Can anybody know how to do this? That is a massive security risk. What if you clicked a link that ran "format C:"?The only thing that you can do is start processes on the server, not on the users computer.  I know the risk...

All web pages hang on web server when one of the web pages calls a run away sql query
Hi: We have a Windows 2003 dedicated web server running the .NET Frameworks 1.0 and 2.0.  We have a SQL Server cluster running SQL Server 2000.  Unfortunately, we do not have a test environment.  I have 2 .NET web sites in production.  My coworker has a voting .NET web page using AJAX on the same server.  The coworker wrote a query that was not indexing properly and when the page fired the query...the cluster went to almost 100% utilization.  My two web pages would hang and show a blank white page on the default.aspx.  Neither of m...

DynamicPopulateExtender: Web Service call failed: 12152, Web Service call failed: 12031
Hi, I'm using a DynamicPopulateExtender to take the value of a SELECT dropdown and pass it to an onpage web service (defined with <System.Web.Services.WebMethod()> _ '<System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod()>) and as PUBLIC SHARED FUNCTION myfunction(contextKey as string) as string. The function returns the html for a listbox. Everything seems to fire properly on the client but when the web service is called by the Javascript function, I get Web Service call failed: 12152 or Web Service call failed: 12031 Any pointers would be appreciated.  Do...

Calling .NET 2.0 WebService with Delphi (first call fails)
Hello, i have a simple .NET 2.0 Webservice created with VS2008. The webservice contains a method "HelloWorld" that simply returns "Hello world" as string. The method does not need headers to be sent (no authentication and so on) The client is written in D2007 with all updates applied. When i call the service for the FIRST time i get the following exception: Class EDOMParseError with message 'End tag 'ul' does not match the start tag 'p'. Line: 124 '</ul>'. It seems that this comes from an error message tha...

difference of calling web services and calling web page
Dear all,  What is the difference of call a web services instead of calling a aspx page which is also programming can accept parameters and return results? Webservice -- Soap protocol Webapplication  -- HTTP protocol Webservices are of two Major types Xml & SOAP HttpWebServices Basic difference is in usage and implementation. We use a webservice inside a website. it is added as a reference or we can call it through HttpWebRequests and Response objects. Webpages are the components that have presentation and logic, while web services provide the service that we...

Calling Server Side VB.NET code with Javascript just to call a sub method
Hi, Can anyone please give me a clue on how to call my Server side  CalculateResult() method from Javascript code when onchange event is fired??  thanks in Advance Dollarjunkie.Net Web/Software Engineer You will have to use AJAX.  Is there any reason why the CalculateResult logic cannot be handled by Javascript? Best regards...Josh Stodola ← Come check out my blog! The reason is this... I need to have the code go get information based on what is retrieved and then do some calculations based on that and then display the information in one of my controls. I am n...

Can I call a C application from my web page (VB.NET)?
 Hi dear developers,I am developing an ASP.NET web page using VB.NET. I have a windows DLL library provided by a third party and I get an error when I try to add it as a reference to my project in Visual Studio. However, I also have a C sample program using that library, and I was wondering if in order to avoid this probem I could call that sample program from my VB.NET web page. This C program would call the DLL library doing all I need to do with it, and would then return some value to the web page. Is such a thing possible?  Could someone please tell me how may I do that? Many t...

In a web page(c#), I want to call another page and come back to next instruction of calling page
In a web page(c#), I want to call another page and come back to next instruction of calling page. Called page have no web item , it has only c# codes. after executing of this page (by IExplore), I want the remaining lines of calling page to be executed. How can I do that? What are you trying to do? What is the second page accomplishing? Will the first page stay open and the second page closes? You might be able to use WebRequest and WebResponse to do what you want. Hey bro, since you say that the called page has no web items, why dont you put the code in the called pa...

Call a SECURED (with glassfish) Java EE Web Service from a .Net Client
Hi, Im trying to call a java web service in visual studio 2008 using a simple forms application. The problem that I'm running into is with the security. Can someone point me in the right direction as far as calling a secured java EE web service using .Net? Thanks. Adam Im unfamiliar with glassfish, however if the web service's security is WS-Security compliant, then you'll have to use WSE 3.0 (addon by Microsoft to make web services more useful) or Windows Communication Foundation. Thanks for the reply. Can you point me in the direction of using WSE to call a java...

Axis call to .Net web Service internal server error 500
 Hi, Desperately need advise as I'm not able to call a .Net web service. Problem is, the .Net web service works well when it's call via SoapUI. Could it be any .Net configuration being overlooked? Thanks in advance. After performing a network trace.. here are the details.. Call from Axis..POST /WebService/CPServices.asmx?wsdl HTTP/1.1Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary=MIMEBoundaryurn_uuid_84B12E522B4E0E31C41234969838674; type="application/xop+xml"; start="<0.urn:uuid:84B12E522B4E0E31C41234969838675@apache.org>"; start-info="ap...

Exception while calling .NET web service | System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Hi,   We have written a .NET web service which retrieves an xml file from the database. This web service is SSL secured and requires client certificates for connection.   Problem: The web service is throwing an exception while retrieving large files. It works fine when the file size is around 1 MB, but fails with a file size of around 65 MB with the following exception: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 38455668). ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: ...

Is this possible please

Web resources about - Fail to Call EXE (Which is calling a web page) in Server with ASP.net - asp.net.security

Calling Dr. Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Calling Dr. Death (1943) is the first of the Universal Pictures Inner Sanctum mystery films . The "Inner Sanctum" franchise originated with a ...

List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of country calling codes defined by ITU-T recommendations E.123 and E.164 , also called IDD ( International Direct Dialling ) ...

Calling Batman: Bane Takes Over Ecko Unlimited Facebook Page
Bane, the villain in upcoming Batman feature film The Dark Knight Rises , turned his criminal mind toward the Ecko Unlimited Facebook page , ...

Facebook Video Calling - Facebook
Bring your conversations to life on Facebook. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. To get started, ...

Facebook’s Talktime program in India pays new mobile users in calling credit
... Facebook has launched its Talktime program in India which gives every new user who signs up with a mobile device 50 Rupees (almost $1) in calling ...

Berlin Calling (@neuraum) on Twitter

Calling all foodies: Here comes @TwitterFood
There are many thousands of food-related Tweets people send on Twitter each day – Tweets about meals, ingredients, favorites, recipes and dining ...

Rounds Video Calling + Chat for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad ...
Get Rounds Video Calling + Chat on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

John Birmingham: Thank god for earthly angels when death comes calling
There are those among us, rare indeed, who hold our hands as we pass through pain, fear and confusion.