Custom user information in Create User control

In my user registration form, I would like to have more fields like Company Name, Surname, Product S/N..etc.  Is it possible to do this using .NET 2.0 CreateUser Control?  If not, I should create my own form, right?  If I do this, how can I store information(username, password, email..etc) in the build-in aspnet_xxx tables as CreateUser control does?

Thanks.

0
kfkenneth

Yes this is totally possible.  It is a little lengthy to just get into.  I can't type out a bunch of code right now, or even tonight.  I just read a chapter in this book a couple weeks ago that covers it in depth.  In chapter 16 there is a section called incorporating personalization properties in the registration process.  I might be able to write an example later tonight but doubt it since I am in the middle of moving.
0
ptleitch

User Control controls not created when dynamically creating user control
  Have created a user control for displaying and editing a dynamically number of values. The user control contains two labels and an edit box. When dynamically loading the user control I get an error when the control itself tries to change setting on the fields within the user control.   Why doesnt this work? It works okay if I dont load it dynamically but create a user-control-instance in the aspx-page but thats no solution.   Thankyou!     Here is my code:   ucDataValue.ascx   <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true&...

How to save user information during create user in Custom Membership Provider?
 HelloSo i Inherits the  System.Web.Security.MembershipProvider, and i got a lot of  methods and propertys. one of them is CreateUser1 Public Overrides Function CreateUser(ByVal username As String, ByVal password As String, ByVal email As String, ByVal passwordQuestion As String, ByVal passwordAnswer As String, ByVal isApproved As Boolean, ByVal providerUserKey As Object, ByRef status As System.Web.Security.MembershipCreateStatus) As System.Web.Security.MembershipUser2 3 4 Dim ConnString As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0;Data Source=|D...

How to inform other user controls if one user control change?
I use one user control to receive the click then another user control need to update its content corresponding with the click. I use event to solve the problem. It works fine.But when I try to test another solution to solve that problem, I get headache. I try to set a session and store information to this session when user click the link. Then I want to raise a postback event so other users can verify the session varailble. How can I raise a postback event in a user control (not custom control)?Thanks!...

Creating a User Control that references another user control
Hi everybody,I have a web page that uses the same controls several times on the same page in different forms. I'm thinking of turning this group of controls into the UserControl so I can re-use them on that page and everythere else.Unfortunately, these controls reference another user control and I'm not sure how can I visually add a separate User Control to the first UserControl.I found this articlehttp://www.dotnetcurry.com/ShowArticle.aspx?ID=155 but it doesn't tell how exactly should I add ControlB for the ControlA.Thanks a lot in advance.Here is what I currently have:<%@ C...

how to create an instance of a user control from another user control
Hi,I have an aspx page that declaratively creates an instance of a user control. This user control programmatically creates an instance of another user control. The code is something like below.File 1 -- default.aspx <%@ Register TagPrefix="userControl" TagName="firstControl" Src="~/firstControl.ascx" %>..Same code here.. <userControl:firstControl runat="server" />..File 2 -- firstConrtol.ascx<%@ Reference Control="~/secondControl.ascx" %><script runat="server">   protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)   {   ...

User Controls in User Controls?
I have the follow set up and it is throwing an error "Unhandled error loading module" ... is there some trick to this that I don't know?I have a project A that uses controls from project B (project B is just a project with all my user controls used through out other modules).  project A uses user control 1 from project B with out any issues at all - great.  But then I wanted to add user control 2 to user control 1 and that is when I get my error.  In fact I don't even have the user control 2 in user control 1, just when I put the register part into user control 1 is when it al...

User control in a user control
Hello all, I have created a user control with some checkboxes, and public properties to get the values of these checkboxes. I have also created a second user control using the first user control; this second control also access the public properties of the first one. My problem is when I implement the second control in an aspx page, if I click at runtime the checkboxes in the first control, I am able to access its public properties from the methods of the second control but the values of these properties are wrong. while at design time, I do not have this problem. Than...

user control to user control
I have an aspx page that have a "Register" directive to two usercontrol called rptMaster.ascx and rptDetail.ascx. I'm trying to set up a Master-Detail relationship and wish for the rptMaster.ascx to trigger and event from a dropdownlist and for the rptDetail to be listening for DropDownList event. I believe I have gotten the events part okay with help from this articel http://codeproject.com/aspnet/Page_UserControl.asp but my declaration for a private statement to my rptMaster class is producing an error. I'm using beta 2 of asp.net and I 'm having trouble getting a reference TO ...

User Control in a User Control
I have a first user control that contain a second user control. If I cahe the first user control can I still dynamically control the second one or it is cached with the first one therefore can not control it anymore? Thanks When your first control is cached, its rendered out and its output is stored in the cache. On every request to the page containing your control that can satisfy it from cache, the output will just simply be inserted - your first control will never be instantiated or run in that case, so the second one wont be either. Hope this helps,Mike VolodarskyProgram Manager...

Create User Wizard, Custom MemberShip Provider, and Custom User Data
I want to use 1 step in the create user wizard to collect custom user data using a custom membership provider. I added additional fields to the default express database e.g. firstname, lastname, phone, address, etc.Customized the createuserwizard by adding additional text boxes.Created a custom membership provider and tried to override the create user method and added additional parameters. Apparently you cannot override the membership.createuser method with additional parameters as I had to brush up on overriding/overloading to finally figure this out. I'm not crazy about using the p...

can I add a user control from other project to the custom module user control
Pls help! I am using the GCN for my web app, which I find it very useful and fit my needs. Since I must use VB for coding and the GCN use C#, so I use 3 layer project structure: 1) GCN (C#) 2) all skin controls for custom module for my community (VB) 3) Data Access Layer Components, dataset... etc (VB) Since the GCN only get the skin controls from the "custom module" folder, so I added a XXX.ascx there, now here's the problem, how can I add my own custom skin controls from other project to the XXX.ascx in GCN? ...

How to do post back in a dynamically created user control [provided that update panel is in the master page of the page where user control is added] {B/C of FileUpload Control}
I have a register my scriptmanager and place the update panel around contenttempalte for my pages int the master page. Now in one of my pages i am adding some user controls dynamically. In two of my user user controls I have FileUpload control which will not work under partial post back. So I want's full postback for them How could I do that {Provided that i am on the user control,which is inside the page ,and page have the contenttemplat...

User Control VB.Net x Web Custom Control
I was thinking in create a user control in VB.Net, and use it in a Asp.Net as possible? So I thought about it is gonna be better than make a Web Custom Control, so i thought again, nope... But i need to know better because a don't have a progress bar in asp.net for example.... Could Somebody tell me about??? in a reallity i know the asnwer but i would like to explain by myself... Thank's Antonio...

Web resources about - Custom user information in Create User control - asp.net.security

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

Did Senator Ted Cruz release classified information during Republican debate?
A Republican senator is investigating whether Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz released classified information while discussing the ...

US gave San Bernardino shooter Tashfeen Malik visa 'despite missing information'
A congressman claims the US approved an entry visa even though Malik never provided the extra evidence requested by an immigration official. ...

Trudeau says improving access to information will make government better
Ensuring Canadians have access to federal information will mean more and sometimes difficult public scrutiny, but ultimately it will lead to ...

Making Access To Information Better Will Make Improve Government, Trudeau Says 54
The Liberals will conduct a "proper review" of the decades-old Access to Information Act with the aim of figuring out "what is actually going ...

Information Overload Causes Fatigue Among Smartphone Users
The Internet has connected humans to more information than ever. Between checking their phones dozens of times a day and constantly updating ...

Senate Intellicence Committee Chair Burr all but confirms that Cruz leaked classified information at ...
... that, among other things, updates the government’s program of collecting phone metadata. In doing so, Cruz probably leaked classified information. ...

Apple’s Maps app adds Los Angeles public transit information
Apple’s Maps application now supports public transit information for Los Angeles, California, forming a continuation of the service’s gradual ...

It's not exactly the Watergate break-in — is it? — but Bernie Sanders's campaign broke into Hillary Clinton's ...
... Democratic National Committee have accused the presidential campaign of Sen. Bernie Sanders of improperly accessing confidential voter information ...