Create a class library to manage users Profile (to be used on user admin page)

Hi All...

I am very perplexed.
I have a working set of code that was deployed via the App_Code directory.

I am now trying to convert this code into a class library for reuse purposes.

The issue is that in the class library, I cannot find a way to reference the ProfileCommon object.
A short piece of the former code looks like this:

Dim prof As ProfileCommon

prof = ProfileBase.Create(Username, True)

prof.DefaultCustCode = DefCustCode
prof.CompanyName = CompName
prof.Name = Name

prof.Save

The problem is, this no longer works:  I get an error "profilecommon is not defined".

 If I cannot use ProfileCommon in a class library, how can I make shared code for doing user admin/profile work?

 Thanks for the help!
hal

0
haldrich98

Change this line

 prof = ProfileBase.Create(Username, True)

prof = ProfileCommon.Create(Username, True);

0
omerkamal
11/30/2006 12:27:19 AM

Thanks for the thoughts...

The issues is not in the prof= line, it is in the DIM.

You cannot dim anything as ProfileCommon in the class.
I read somewhere that this is because the ProfileCommon is a class created on the fly from the web.config.

 Any suggestions on how to get a dim of ProfileCommon to work?

0
haldrich98
12/1/2006 2:42:27 PM

Sorry, cause I dont dim Smile I mean I dont use VB any more.

I work in C# and it works fine for me on my all web pages.

Regards,

Omer Kamal

www.friendspoint.de

0
omerkamal

manage default user profile for all users
We're are halfway through a rollout of all new machines (W2K SP3). I just discovered that you can change the default user profile to a custom one by copying over the default user profile in W2k. This could save me tons of time, as it takes care of all the nitpicky stuff (IE6, Office 2k, media player, etc) that one has to setup for each user. Unfortunately, we've already ghosted our machines with the standard default user profile (and I'm not planning on going back and reloading a custom profile on each machine). My question is this. Is it possible using z...

Users customise their profile page for all users
Hi there I am a bit of a newbie to ASP.NET.  All my web development experience before has been with good old asp pages! So anyways here's what I was wondering.  I have a page called ViewProfile which displays the information about a particular user.  The information is pulled from a users table stored in SQL server.  The user profile displayed is determined by the id parameter passed in the url (for example - ViewProfile.aspx?id=123).  This allows other users of the system to see another users profile (the appropriate links etc are on the pages). Now here'...

Creating a "user's page"
I would like to create a page in my intranet portal that would be for each specific user, sort of a personalized home page where they could add content and modules and order them according to their liking. I thought that I could just add a new tab for each user under the home tab and give them admin access to it, but I want it only available to them (ie. the user can only access the tab with their name on it: username = tabname). The only way I can figure out how to do this is to create a role for each user and then limit their tab to their role. However, I have too many users to crea...

How to store user profile information during create user?
Hi, I'm just try to store user information during create user via CreateUserWizard that add Textbox, DropDownList and RadoButtonList. How to store data form control to UserProfile (via CreateUserWizard) ? Note. I set DisableCreatedUser = true because want to proof user befor activate. (Begining ASP.net V2.0, VB, VWD 2005 Express Edition) Here is some example c# code that I have in the CreateUser event of the CreateWizard command.  I also do some stuff after this but I think this is the code you are interested in.     protected void CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(objec...

Linux User Management install as user other than admin
I'm trying to create a group with the appropriate rights to perform the LUM installation. We want other employees to be able to perform the install of the LUM on new servers, but don't necessarily want to give them the admin login to eDirectory. I tried creating a group, making that group a supervisor to the OU where the server should be added, and adding the user to that group. It gives me the following error: Creating the Unix Config object...Insufficient access I tried giving the group rights to the current Unix Config object as well, but still get the same error. This...

E-mailing Create User & Profile info AND changing Create User Wizard defaults
Hi, I'm in the final countdown on my site, built with VWD 2005 X Ed and can't seem to find a consistent response to a couple of questions.  Maybe someone out there can help?  I am very, very new at .NET 2.0 and SQL Server, so any detailed/example responses would be very appreciated.E-MAILING CUSTOMIZED CREATE USER WIZARD DATA There are dozens of complex tips here and elsewhere on how to customize the create user wizard then send the information to the Profile section or into a custom database.  While I don't exactly understand any of these posts yet, I'...

Users Managing Users
I need to create groups of users (Distributors) and in those groups, allow one of them to be able to create new users for that group.  Each Distributor managing their own group of users. I am wondering if this could or should be a module or should I start hacking the source.? For this instance, I'd say create yourself a custom module.  The "hack the source" approach tends to introduce issues over time.  :-)Bill KnausBlog: http://life.billknaus.com/blogs/ymmv/Website: http://billknaus.com/ Check out WorkControl-UserManager http://www.workcontrol.com/Products/Use...

how to create page for creating active directory account and integrate in create user page
hi all...am bit new to this share point server. can someone please tell me how to create a page for creting an activie directory account for sharepoint server ie.s sps 3.0.. i ve installed sharepoint service 3.0 on my server for for creatign users i need to do it manually get into the server and create user. but in sme other site its is given a seperate page for creating user and sending invitaion to user to user the site.. and the pass and userid and others ll be sent automatically to their id..i need to like tat .. can you plz help me...thnkx----Jai---------http://www.jayaraja.comh...

Published site needs admin user to create users
HejI clearly wasn't planning ahead when I did this. I published my site to the test server, and set up a local copy of the db there as well. Now I'm realizing that in order to create new users, an admin user needs to be logged in. I'd like to be able to just run a query in SQL Server 2005 to create the needed roles and the default admin user. Does anybody know which stored procedures could handle that and the parameters that need to be passed?thanks  I've run the following SP's,  EXEC aspnet_Roles_CreateRole 'Resell', 'Administrator' DECLARE...

Manage Existing User Account creates volatile user
I have a Student User Package utilizing DLU. I have "Manage Existing User Account" checked, under User Name I have "DLU" listed, and made it a member of Administrators. On the XP workstation, I have created a "DLU" user account. If I login to NetWare as a student, it logins successfully with DLU as the local user. Once I logout and login again but as Administrator (Workstation Only), the DLU user is missing from the user account listings under My Computer | Manage | Local Users and Groups | Users, and the profile is absent from C:\Documents...

Manage Users
Hello, I would like to manage all available users with their custom profile datas, eg. firstname. I can get the profile datas of the logged-in user (VB code: txtBoxFirstName.Text = Profile.FirstName) but how can I list all the not-logged-in users with their usual datas (eg. e-mail address) and their profile datas? Thank you in advance   Because of performance issues I don't recommend you to use the Profile if you need to list all users’ properties on a single page. But if you only have a few users, then it's fine ;) To get the profile for all users you can for examp...

How to Synchronize anonymous users with authenticated users using profiles?
I am trying to Synchronize anonymous users with authenticated uses using Profile_MigrateAnonymous. However Profile_MigrateAnonymous only carries information in one direction, for instance, if I delete one item from the basket in a shopping cart when the user is still anonymous, the item comes back right after I log out. I would like to know if is there any way to synchronize both directions so that the user sees the information in the basket either as being anonymous user or authenticated user?   void Profile_MigrateAnonymous(object sender, ProfileMigrateEventArgs e) {...

When Admin Creates New User, It SHows User Online? Why?
 When I create a new users as an administrator, It shows all of them as online even though I specify LoginCreatedUser="False". What Am I missing? Anyone? Thanks.  make sure that the authentication mode is set to "Forms" , <authentication mode="Forms"> How did you know that there are online ?  Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- T...

RE: I can create iFolder using Admin account but cannot using another USER account.
Hi, There... Please disregard the previous post... I was able to get into iFolder management. I have another problem....I can use my ADMIN Novell Account and create an iFolder icon on my DESKTOP WINXP machine....however, after I removed this ADMIN iFOLDER and tried using another USER with limited rights...for example jsmith,,, using password 555555, as the novell password,,,when it came time to install iFOLDER on the same WINXP Machine...it keeps saying invalid username and password. WHere do I add this user so that he can be an iFolder user?? Also is there a RIGHTS i...

Web resources about - Create a class library to manage users Profile (to be used on user admin page) - asp.net.security

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library's collection can include books , periodicals , newspapers , manuscripts , films , maps , prints , documents , microform , CDs , cassettes ...

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library is an organized collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or ...

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library is an organized collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or ...

SA’s story is being writ large on the State Library’s walls - AdelaideNow Search Search
THE IMMENSE archives of the State Library of South Australia are being lit and writ large on the library’s walls.

Independent review of SLQ lewd photo scandal given to State Library Board for action
A two-month review of how the State Library of Queensland investigated lewd photographs taken of staff members' cleavage by a former senior executive ...

State Library lewd photo scandal: report recommends CCC to investigate
Queensland's corruption watchdog will investigate one issue raised in the inquiry into the way the State Library handled a probe of 2800 lewd ...

Should the Washington Post’s Ties to Reagan Library Be Disclosed in Columns Attacking Bill O’Reilly?
... of interest career.” In his column “Bill O’Reilly Makes a Mess of History,” Will does hint at tension between O’Reilly and the Reagan Library: ...

Declutter your iPhone’s image library with PhotoPanda
... unwanted photos that were out of space. A new offering on the App Store, PhotoPanda , helps take the pain out of decluttering your photo library. ...

Taxpayer-Funded Diversity Bureaucrats Hound Professor, Compare Reagan Library To KKK CAMP
The strange, terrifying case of a professor who has expressed concerns about gay marriage