Could not load file or assembly 'XXX, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

Hi,

      I get this particular error only in our production environment. I have goggled and found lots of solutions. But none of them worked. My application is launched in a clustered environment (4 Web servers). And I am getting this error in all servers. I able to re-produce this error in my local environment by removing "Read & Execute" permission for this component. If this is a root cause of this particular error, then this error should occur for all other components implements in my project.

I also verified the permission type for all others DLLs and found that they have same access as the error generating DLLs. So don't think this is related to any access issue. here with I copied the exact error message , your help would much appreciated

An Error has occurred.Could not load file or assembly XXX, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

Anand Kesavan
Application Analyst
United Kingdom
0
anand

 Hi Anand,

May i know

1) wheather you are facing the same error in you system(i mean the system where you are developing the application) ?

2) is there anything specified in you web.config file about this assembly ?

Thanks and Regards
Nimesh Prabhakar

Mark this post as "ANSWER", if it helped you..
3
nimeshprabhakar
6/27/2008 6:28:13 PM

Thanks for your response!!

I am not getting this error in my development environment. I am gettign this error only in LIVE production environment.Which was working perfectly ealierBig Smile.

This component is not registred in GAC,its been refered from bin folder of this application so i have not specified any thing in web.config file for this assemply.

Thanks

Anand Kesavan
Application Analyst
United Kingdom
1
anand
6/30/2008 10:43:30 AM

Hi

Sometimes the Anti-Virus will prevent ASP.NET from accessing file or assembly, I suggest you try to sign the assembly with strong name and add it to GAC: Here you can find more information http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815808

Best Regards
XiaoYong Dai
Microsoft Online Community Support

XiaoYong

Access is denied. Could not load file or assembly 'App_Code, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
Hi, everyone, I made a page in asp.net and worked well, I published it in hosting and walked, after working and it throws the error to me: “Could not load cases out or assembly “App_Code, Version= 0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null” or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.” I return to republicar and works.  Somebody has some idea that it is happening? Hi I get the same message in a similar situation, did you find a solution?Bw. Mark ...

Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_zdfvephf, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
 When  i tried  to access  my home page  it  shows the following  Error Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_zdfvephf, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Try to Find your project folder from this location, Close your Visual Studio and delete it, and restart your visual studio and then rebuild. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files Hope you are Using ASP.NET v. 2.0. Hope this Helps,-Deepak - DeepakDon&...

mvctoolkit Assembly 'MVCToolkit, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a high
I have visual studio 2008 SP 1 .I created a new MVC Web Project and added a reference to the MVCToolkit dll.I tried to build and it shows following exception Error    5    Assembly 'MVCToolkit, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'    f:\MVC\MVCProjects\MyFirstMVCApplicati...

Could not load file or assembly 'Compliance, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x
We recently upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5. The project was running fine until yesterday when I tried to create a set up project. When I add a new Websetup project and rebuild solution I get error :  Error 79 Could not load file or assembly 'Compliance, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417) Y:\Development_Sites\Development_Server_RW\QMComet\SGEN Compliance Now when I run the project  , I get : Server Error in '/QMCom...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=1.0.10618.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does
Hi, We just upgraded our application to .Net 3.5 from .Net 2.0. I updated the ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll to the corresponding version for .net 3.5 but we are getting the following error: "Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=1.0.10618.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)"  I tried to work around this using bindingredirect as following, but this did not solve the problem as I am still getting the error. <assemblyIdentity name="AjaxControlToolkit" publicKeyToken="28f01b0e84b6d53e" culture="neutral"/><bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.10618.0" newVersion="3.0.20229.20843"/> Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks --Sam Flip through your web config, pay special attention to assemby and tagprefix sections, and look for bad references. Also double check that you have the right version in your bin (could be one of those d'oh! things ;-) ) If you just want to reference something in the bin, all you really need is the assembly name (not version, culture, or public key), so if you want to make future deployments easier you can just take those out. Please remember to Mark As Answered if this post has answered your question I tried another test page using ajaxcontroltoolkit and it worked fine. the ...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
 Hi, I am using Jasper.. I downloaded JASPER and the sample code from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=471BB3AC-B31A-49CD-A567-F2E286715C8F&displaylang=en but when  i try to run Samples.. I get the error :  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified i can find only System,Core under 3.5 version. I tried running the project from VS2005 and from VS2008.. still the problem persists.. Pls help.. Babs I think I read some where that the version of the System.Core dll got changed from 2.0.0 to 3.5. So, if you downloaded an application developed by beta version of VS.NET 2008, you might receive that error.. Try changing the version of this dll in the web.config, if there is any reference about it.. Then try to add the System.Core dll from the Add reference dailogKumar Reddi...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
hello i am getting this error in my application...i used ajax in web site..please help me Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: Line 30: <compilation debug="true" defaultLanguage="c#"> Line 31: <assemblies> Line 32: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/> Line 33: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/> Line 34: <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>Source File: C:\Inetpub\vhosts\hamaracar.com\httpdocs\web.config    Line: 32 Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded. WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bi...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
I have downloaded the Ajax Control Toolkit Website Project. I want to run on Visual Studio 2005. But when I run the project I got the error like  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified . </system.web>     <httpModules>        <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,                             PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>     </httpModules></system.web> The DLL present in my Bin folder  is AjaxControlToolkit.dll Version 1.0.20229.0What should I have do to run the project successfully.  Sunny PatilSoftware EngineerMumbai,India. You need to download and install the ASP.NET AJAX extensions. Follow this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca9d90fa-e8c9-42e3-aa19-08e2c027f5d6&displaylang=en  I have solved this problem. This problem comes because  the two assemblies name as System.Web.Extensions and System.Web.Extensions.Design are not present in Global Assemble Cache (GAC) i.e. in C://Windows/Assembly folder. Therefore we need to add these two dll i...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
AAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.....Ok, the error has been seen quite often...I've checked a lot of forums and all they seem to provide as a solution is to uninstall everything and make sure the latest dll's are in the bin directory of my website.Here are the files in my bin directory:AjaxControlToolkit.dll version: 1.0.61214.0AjaxControlToolkit.pdb version: AJAXExtensionsToolbox.dll version: 1.0.61025.0System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll version: 1.0.61025.61025System.Web.Extensions.dll version: 1.0.61025.61025Now, I've done exactly that! and checked all the versions but still the error remains....Below you see my web.config fileIm not sure about this part in the web.config, but if I remove it I receive a bunch of other errors about the <microsoft.web> section:    <sectionGroup name="microsoft.web" type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.MicrosoftWebSectionGroup, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">      <section name="converters" type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.ConvertersSection"/>    </sectionGroup>WEB.CONFIG<?xml version="1.0"?> <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0"> <configSections>    <sectionGroup name="microsoft.web" type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.MicrosoftWebSectionGroup, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Library, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
 I get this error when i add the reference of Microsoft.Sharepoint.dll in my web application. My requirement is to display the Performance point Server Dashboards and Reports in my web application. When i deployed this application on the same server where the share point is deployed and tried using the <WebPartPages:SPWebPartManager ID="WebPartManager1" runat="server" EnableClientScript="true"/> control i get the error Object reference not set to instance of an object. I have registered the control using the following: <%@ Register TagPre...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
Hi All,   I am facing this problem after publishing the web site on web server.   If u have any solutions of that problem then please reply me.   Thnaks & Regards Dheeraj Mittal dheeraj_mittal02@yahoo.co.in    Have you checked whether Reporting Services is configured in your hosted Server Ashok Rajawww.iGold.inDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved. This Issue due to Report viewer not installed on web server   Please  installed Reportviewer Package freely available from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8a166cac-758d-45c8-b637-dd7726e61367&displaylang=en...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. #2
Hi, i copied the solution folder   and put this folder to another  computer and i try to run it show the error message " Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Please guide me very urgent.Regards,Kannandesikan You need to install the ASP.NET AJAX extensions on the web server. ...

Error 25 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file s
Hi there,   I am just trying to learn AJAX at the moment and have run into a problem. I have copied over the example for cascading dropdowns and this is where I have the above error.The error occurs in the web.config file on this line <add assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>  Can anyone advise what I need to change? The sample is for old ajax version. you need to copy latest ASP.NET AJAX web.config to your projects web.config below is my cascading code for new version for you  ASPX &l...

Why I get the following error sometimes from aspx pages. "File or assembly name 'nrg8uw5e, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null', or one of its dependencies, was not found."
Hi , Can somebody suggest why I sometimes get 'File or assembly not found ' exception when I make changes in the .aspx file. Is it a bug in the whidbey?   Exception: Exception Type: System.IO.FileNotFoundExceptionMessage: File or assembly name 'nrg8uw5e, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null', or one of its dependencies, was not found. StackTrace Information*********************************************at ASP.Header_aspx.__BuildControlTree(Header_aspx __ctrl)at ASP.Header_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() in c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40...

Could not load type 'namespace.User' from assembly 'assemblyName, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
Hi Folks,   I am having a very frustrating time trying to resolve an issue I have been experiencing. I have 1 solution which contain three different projects within it.   The first project has NO reference to anything in the other two.   The second project references the DLL produced by the first project.   The third project references the DLL produced by the first project and also the DLL produced by the second project.  Now my issue is that in the third project i instantiate some web custom controls  from the DLL in the second project and the desired...

Could not load file or assembly 'VsWebSite.Interop, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies
Hi, I'm doing a project that utilizing the text to speech engine of  SAPI 5.1, so I add reference of COM component "Microsoft Speech Object Library" and imported "SpeechLib" in the code behind file and everything works perfectly locally. But when I uploaded all files including the bin file containing the "interop.SpeechLib.dll" file onto the hosting server and run it, I recieve the following error: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and ...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies
I'm trying to deploy an ATLAS CTP build to a test server. I've made a simple page that updates a label to say "Hello" when a button is pressed.  So no AJAX stuff as yet.I debug the application locally which works fine.Then I copy the porject over to a test server, which runs on windows 2000 IIS ver 5.0 with ASP.NET 2.0 installed, the site runs under asp.net 2.0.  I've checked this. Then when I go to the page the following error is displayed:Server Error in '/CIS19102006' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cis19102006\web.config line 47)Source Error: Line 45: </httpHandlers> Line 46: <httpModules> Line 47: <add name="WebResourceCompression" type="Microsoft.Web.Handlers.WebResourceCompressionModule, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/> Line 48: <add name="ScriptModule" type="Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptModule, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies.
Hi,    I have installed new version of ASPAJAXCTP.msi, ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi and ASPAJAXSamples.msi which downloaded from the Microsoft website. I have opend the website TaskList from the website C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET AJAX Sample Applications and tried to run. When i pressing F5, it is giving compilation error   Error 50 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. C:\Program Files\Mic...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies
 C#, VS2005, Webforms. **NOTE** This page loads fine when I "View in broswer" locally...but when I'm on our web server, below occursYesterday when I left work, my web app worked fine.  Today, I get this error: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) No idea how to fix it or what was done.  I have google searched this for 3 hours now and have not netted a definitive answer.  I'm loosing my mind. My Web.config has a reference to this in two spots:      <configSections>        <section name="enterpriseLib...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does n
Hello All,If this is a repeat of posting that have been created, I sincerely apologize.  I have been looking for a solution for quite some time and although I have run across a lot of different posts offering solutions, nothing seems to be work.  Here is my dilemma:I have created a website with several pages using ASP.NET 2.0 and AJAX Extensions (including the AJAX Control Toolkit).  The pages run fine on my Development machine but on my IIS machine, I continue to recreate a Parser Error in regard to System.Web.Extensions.  Here is what I have done thus far: I have a...

Why do I get this error: "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot f
I downloaded a reputed sample project and cant get it started because I am getting this error: Error 2 Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. D:\bills system\Bills Desktop\test\Dashboard\src\Dashboard\web.config 46  What can I do?  You need to install AJAX extensions for asp.net 2.0. You can get it here:http://www.asp.net/ajax/ Which version of Visual Studio are you using? If you are not us...

Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The s
Hello,  I try to use a windowslive website in visual studio 2008 with framework 3.5 I have installed the framework 3.5 and i get following error although the site is working perfect in localhost: Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.After this i check my gac and i manually (with configuration tool 2.0) installed 3.6 in my gac. I still get the same error. What am i doing ...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi, I am using VS2008 and .net 3.5, #. i m trying to access default.aspx in the browser and it shows the error as "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."   Also when i use any of the Ajaxcontrol toolkit tools, i m getting the these kind of errors. I hav copied the ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll and .pdb in the bin folder. but i m getting the same error. Please help me.  I will  be grateful if anyone can send me the co...

MVC Refresh
I just downloaded the new template and am trying to us it, it works fine untill I get to a Add or Edit action and then I get the following error: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it ...

Web resources about - Could not load file or assembly 'XXX, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. - asp.net.security