Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

How do i give access to the dll??

 Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

Source Error:

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.]
   System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
   System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +211
   System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +141
   System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +25
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +32

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.]
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +596
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +3479033
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +46
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +177
   System.Web.Compilation.WebDirectoryBatchCompiler..ctor(VirtualDirectory vdir) +267
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BatchCompileWebDirectoryInternal(VirtualDirectory vdir, Boolean ignoreErrors) +36
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BatchCompileWebDirectory(VirtualDirectory vdir, VirtualPath virtualDir, Boolean ignoreErrors) +429
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) +73
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +580
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +93
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +111
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +54
   System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +31
   System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +40
   System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +139
   System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +120
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

0
Jay59

Solved it, I had to re-Add reference.

0
Jay59
9/30/2007 1:17:21 AM

And how did you Re-Add Reference? please help me! Crying

0
gsalva77
GeorgeZ

could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions.Design' or one of its dependencies.The located assembl' manifest definitation does not match the assembly reference.
 Hi All,  I have got problem while deploying in windows server 2003.When I run deployed site I get this error,The error message is "could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions.Design' or one of its dependencies.The located assembl' manifest definitation does not match the assembly reference." Please help me to find the solution. Regards,Shiva Reddy.P v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} ..shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} Normal 0 false...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.
I just installed AJAX Beta 2 and the updated AjaxControlToolkit. I'm getting this error when I try to access the site. Any Ideas?  Stack Trace: [FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.] System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0 System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalL...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.
I had a nice working project and I updated the AjaxControlToolkit dll to the latest version by copying and pasting the new dll into my bin folder and overwriting the old dll and now I get the error shown below.  Any ideas?  Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' could not be loaded. WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. Stack Trace: [FileLoadException: Could not load file or a...

Could not load file or assembly 'ORMapping' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.
After running a project 100s of times debugging various code I all of a sudden began receiving the error when I run the app:Could not load file or assembly 'ORMapping' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. I can't think of anything that I could have done to have caused this and don't even think I changed anything before this came up. If anyone has any suggestions please help as this is urgent (need to do a demo for boss in a few hours!) The full error page is as following:  Server Error in '/MIMS' Application. ...

Could not load file or assembly 'xxx' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.
Windows 2003 ASP.NET 2.0 I get this error whenever I copy a newly complied dll to the /bin folder of the application. The only way I can get around it to delete the virtual directory and associated physical folder and recreate everything. Once I do this everything works perfectly until I make change, compile the dll and copy it to the web server. I have been going nuts trying to figure this out! I don't think it's a real permission issue since it works when I do the above. Here is the exception from the event viewer : Event Type: WarningEvent Source: ...

Could not load file or assembly 'Ajax' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.
 Can anyone please explain why I'm getting this error: Could not load file or assembly 'Ajax' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.The site has been live for several months, and this error has only recently started popping up. Thank you,Curt. Regards, Curt we can't really guess wat happened when site is online n suddenly pop's up this kinda things. let's checkout somethings first here. Check whether your  application runs on  .NET Framework 2.0 or not. Check whether your ASP.NET 2.0 Ajax Extension works properly or not. C...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied
Hi, I deployed my app with the toolkit dll to staging server but I get this.  Any ideas what needs to be configured on the new server? Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied  A wild guess - is the dll marked read only? If so, go to the file's properties & un-check the Read-only attribute.M.V. 'Anil' Radhakrishna Web Development Tips, Tricks & Trivia | My Code Gallery Recent article - How To Create a Custom IE8 Accelerator...

Could not load file or assembly 'WebApplication4' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.
Using Visual Studio Team Suite 2008 I have created a web application named 'WebApplication4'. .NET version: 3.5, OS: Windows XP, I have admin rights on the machine In the default.aspx I have just added a button control. When I try to run this I get a error message. Things I have already tried but failed: 1. Disabled Indexing Service 2. Access rights to .NET Temporary FolderThe error message is as follows: Server Error in '/' Application. Could not load file or assembly 'WebApplication4' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. Description: An ...

Error : Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied
Hello - New to ASP.NET here ;)  Ok, so I built my first ASP.NET application on my Windows XP Pro box. My app is working fine. I then tried to copy it to my sever using the Copy Website function in VWD 2005 Express Edition. When I tried to load up my application in IE, I ran into a few problems that I fixed. Now I ran into this error and I can't figure out what needs to be done.   Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web req...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Library, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
 I get this error when i add the reference of Microsoft.Sharepoint.dll in my web application. My requirement is to display the Performance point Server Dashboards and Reports in my web application. When i deployed this application on the same server where the share point is deployed and tried using the <WebPartPages:SPWebPartManager ID="WebPartManager1" runat="server" EnableClientScript="true"/> control i get the error Object reference not set to instance of an object. I have registered the control using the following: <%@ Register TagPre...

Impersonation + AjaxControlToolkit = Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied
I get the following message if I use impersonation with the AjaxControlToolkit. If I turn off impersonation (by removing the "identity" configuration from my web.config file), then it can succesfully load AjaxControlToolkit.dll: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. Anyone know where I need to grant rights to the user that I am using? Windows Server 2008 + IIS7 + Website using the AjaxControlToolkit + Impersonation The answer is: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET File...

"Could not load file or assembly 'xxx' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied."
This one's got me stumped.  I've copied my app from my dev machine to the test server.  The test server is running Win2K3.  The app is an ASP.Net 2.0.  It seems that anything in the bin on the server gets this error.  I've given full permission to multiple accounts to this folder.  How could I troubleshoot this?  Thanks. 1) Check the obvious - make sure that the permissions you set actually passed down to the dll's themselves2) Check permissions on C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.*\Temporary ASP.NET Files (3) Clear the contents of that folder4) It's actually been reported that the Indexing Service sometimes interferes and needs to be stopped. (also check that Anti-Virus apps aren't conflicting as well)5) Do any other sites run on this server? I don't think anything in IIS would cause the problem but it never hurts to do a sanity comparison on the two configurations  ...

IIS7 3.5 SP1 and Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.
I have a web site and I downloaded the latest 3.5 ajax control toolkit dll from here: http://www.codeplex.com/AjaxControlToolkit/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=11121 I installed it in my /bin and added the /es folder as well, but none of the others. I copied them to my remote website on a windows 2008 web server web edition server. I get this error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. [FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.][FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.0.20229.20843, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.]   System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0 I tried setting permissions for users to full access to see if that was the problem, and that didn't help. Any ideas? thanks.   Does this server has .Net framework 3.5?Take care,SelvamRemember, you can mark more than 1 post as the answer. Yes, IIS7 3.5 SP1.   I finally got this to work st...

Access is denied. Could not load file or assembly 'App_Code, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
Hi, everyone, I made a page in asp.net and worked well, I published it in hosting and walked, after working and it throws the error to me: “Could not load cases out or assembly “App_Code, Version= 0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null” or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.” I return to republicar and works.  Somebody has some idea that it is happening? Hi I get the same message in a similar situation, did you find a solution?Bw. Mark ...

Could not load file or assembly 'XXX, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.
Hi,       I get this particular error only in our production environment. I have goggled and found lots of solutions. But none of them worked. My application is launched in a clustered environment (4 Web servers). And I am getting this error in all servers. I able to re-produce this error in my local environment by removing "Read & Execute" permission for this component. If this is a root cause of this particular error, then this error should occur for all other components implements in my project. I also verified the permission type for all others DLLs and found that they have same access as the error generating DLLs. So don't think this is related to any access issue. here with I copied the exact error message , your help would much appreciatedAn Error has occurred.Could not load file or assembly XXX, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.                Anand KesavanApplication AnalystUnited Kingdom  Hi Anand,May i know 1) wheather you are facing the same error in you system(i mean the system where you are developing the application) ?2) is there anything specified in you web.config file about this assembly ?  Thanks and RegardsNimesh PrabhakarMark this post as "ANSWER", if it helped you.. ...

Error 1 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Preview' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Trying to run the samples and this is the error I get.  After looking around I see others have gotten this error but with the beta versions.  My install is not a beta release and I have not had any of the betas installed.  Any ideas? I would look to your web config file or possibly your machine config file.   Im betting you somehow got some old beta settings in it.  possibly do a search for Microsoft.Web.Preview in your entire solution. AjaxButter The other thing i just noticed is you said you were running the samples. Im betting your usin...

IIS + .NET 3.5 Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
 Ok folks I need some help here. I have MS Server 2003 with IIS installed. Frameworks 2.0, 3.0 & 3.5 installed. The server has VS 2008 Web Developer installed because I am developing on it remotely. When I run the web site from inside VS everything is fine. I created a new website in IIS (named Intranet) and set it to run on Framework 2.0 and set the path to the root folder of the site (D:\Intranet). I also confirmed that VS was building for framework 3.5. When I open Internet Explorer on the server and go to http://localhost/Intranet I get the following error: "Could not ...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
Hello Experts, I have a ASP.net 2.0 application developed in Visual Studio.net 2005 which was working like a charm. Now I opened the solution in VS.net 2008 and though it is building successfully, when I try to browse it I am getting this error Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. First of all working in Vista is a big pain with all the crappy stuff we need to do for every small thing. I would really appreciate your help on this guys. ...

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Atlas' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
hi all,I have a not so nice error that I can't solve. I use asp .net 2.0 and Atlas. The site works in dev but not on my server... I hope someone can help me out. RegardsStijnParser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Atlas' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: Line 1: <...

Server Error in '/Webapp' Application. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
 10 minutes ago, my web app worked fine.  Now it appears broken and I hadn't touched the web.config file.  Anyone know what might be going on here?  I checked my web server's .NET folder (C:\WINDOWS\microsoft.net\Framework64\v2.0.50727) and there is indeed a system.data.dll file...  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Plea...

Could not load file or assembly 'pgcbusiness' or one of its dependencies Acess is Denied .
hi alli am getting the Error Could not load file or assembly 'pgcbusiness' or one of its dependencies Acess is Denied .when i am trying to run my asp.net web appliaction online, the application is working fineon the local host. but when i check online i get this ErrorMy application is hosted at the server which is having Framework 2.0 installed while as i have developed it in Frame 1.1.4322 , has it do anything with framework ? , though it started flashing this error all of sudden when i uploaded my new dll with some modifications.can anybody help me outThanks zubairZubair Masoodisoftware...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
Hi All,   I am facing this problem after publishing the web site on web server.   If u have any solutions of that problem then please reply me.   Thnaks & Regards Dheeraj Mittal dheeraj_mittal02@yahoo.co.in    Have you checked whether Reporting Services is configured in your hosted Server Ashok Rajawww.iGold.inDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved. This Issue due to Report viewer not installed on web server   Please  installed Reportviewer Package freely available from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8a166cac-758d-45c8-b637-dd7726e61367&displaylang=en...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
AAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.....Ok, the error has been seen quite often...I've checked a lot of forums and all they seem to provide as a solution is to uninstall everything and make sure the latest dll's are in the bin directory of my website.Here are the files in my bin directory:AjaxControlToolkit.dll version: 1.0.61214.0AjaxControlToolkit.pdb version: AJAXExtensionsToolbox.dll version: 1.0.61025.0System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll version: 1.0.61025.61025System.Web.Extensions.dll version: 1.0.61025.61025Now, I've done exactly that! and checked all the versions but still the error remains....Below you see my web.config fileIm not sure about this part in the web.config, but if I remove it I receive a bunch of other errors about the <microsoft.web> section:    <sectionGroup name="microsoft.web" type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.MicrosoftWebSectionGroup, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">      <section name="converters" type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.ConvertersSection"/>    </sectionGroup>WEB.CONFIG<?xml version="1.0"?> <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0"> <configSections>    <sectionGroup name="microsoft.web" type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.MicrosoftWebSectionGroup, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e...

Error 25 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file s
Hi there,   I am just trying to learn AJAX at the moment and have run into a problem. I have copied over the example for cascading dropdowns and this is where I have the above error.The error occurs in the web.config file on this line <add assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>  Can anyone advise what I need to change? The sample is for old ajax version. you need to copy latest ASP.NET AJAX web.config to your projects web.config below is my cascading code for new version for you  ASPX &l...

Web resources about - Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. - asp.net.security