Convert Existing User DB to Net .net MemberShip DB

Hey,

Im looking to take my current Users DB and put those records into the new .net membership DB.

I looked at the Membership Create User SP but im not sure if that sp is the only procedure that gets called when creating a user.

I was wondering if any one else has had to do this and how should i go about it.
I have about 100 users that i need to copy over.

Thanks.

0
lmf232s

This article has a bunch of links to Membership and security information in ASP.NET: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/02/24/438953.aspx

For migrating 100 users over, you might just find it easiest to create a temporary page called "Migrate.aspx" in your web application.  When run, it could hit your old user database and retrieve the 100 users.  You could then loop over them and use the Membership.CreateUser method in ASP.NET 2.0 to add them to the new Membership store.

Hope this helps,

Scott

0
ScottGu

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

.NET 1.1 and .NET 2 Perceives DB data differently
I'm hoping someone can help me out - at least by pointing me to who I can ask, if not answering the question directly. I have some encrypted values in a SQL Server 2000 database that I unencrypt and use in a website that I just converted from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2. The data is pulled from the database using standard ADO with no changes between the .NET 1.1 version and the .NET 2 version - yet for some data entries, when the identical value is pulled by the .NET 2 code it is changed or shorted. For example:  1.1 code traces out a value pulled from the db as: ᒪ࢖淨琳d搈把���媑쬹࡝䜻ꖉ�...

Using membership db to lookup data in another db and bring back into a grid view (total newbie to .net)
I have the membership stuff up and running.  I've added a field to the membership table called custnmbr.  Once a user logs in, I want store his custnbmr in the session and use that to lookup data in another db. ie: Joe logs in and his custnumbr is 001, he goes to the login success page and sees his list of service calls which is: select top 10 * from svc00200 where custnmbr = 001 (the membership.custnmbr for the logged in user) I know how to do this in old ASP using session variables....but I have no idea where to even start with .Net. Many thanks You may want to store t...

can not add a record to a db table using the vb.net and ado.net
Hi   I am trying to insert record to Pups Database using ado.net and vb.net in a windows application. This form will collect data from user to insert it into stores table at Pubs database (storeID, name, address etc..). I am not able to get the new inserted record into the stores table here is my coude behind for the formImports System.Data.SqlClient  Public Class ParametersExample Inherits System.Windows.Forms.FormDim con As SqlConnection  Private Sub addBttn_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles addBttn.Click Dim cmd As SqlCommand = ...

net send in .net

Net Farmers net

Converting from vb.net to c#.net
Hello I have recently purchased VBGolds RawDataPrinter which should allow users to print directly to label printers on our network directly from a c# web form.  Unfortunately they only supply vb.net examples and I have need of c#.  The component has been installed on our web server.  This is some code that they have supplied as examples in vb.net   "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >"Head1" runat="server&qu...

CONVERT VISUALBASIC.NET TO C#.NET!
Hi theretrying to complete a login page.  The example I have is written in visual basic, can you please convert the following statement into C# for a submit button (transferring data to a database!!):Sub btnSubmit_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)   If Page.IsValid then      InsertGuestbookEntry(name.Text, email.Text, message.Text)      Response.Redirect("ViewGuestbook.aspx")   End IfEnd SubAlso, the following for retrieving data from a database into a drop down menu:Sub Page_Load (sender as ...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Web resources about - Convert Existing User DB to Net .net MemberShip DB - asp.net.security

Polish European Union membership referendum, 2003 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Drivers of Facebook Shuttle Buses Eye Teamsters Membership
Facebook and several other tech companies in Silicon Valley provide shuttle buses to transport their employees, and according to The New York ...

NJ Membership (@NJMembership) on Twitter

Membership Has Its Privileges
Right now, crossing one of the magical rep borders happens more or less unnoticed. People just gain the particular powers. Now, of course they ...

Membership Cards - a set on Flickr
... home Sign Up Explore Recent Photos The Commons Getty Collection Galleries World Map App Garden Camera Finder Flickr Blog Upload Sign In Membership ...

Calgary Public Library: New Look. New Library. Free Membership. - YouTube
CREATING THE WORLD’S BEST PUBLIC LIBRARY: NEW LOOK. NEW LIBRARY. FREE MEMBERSHIP. For Immediate Release: In a bold move to become the world’s ...

The benefits of private club membership in the UAE
Lifestyle membership clubs can offer cardholders exclusive leisure discounts across the Emirates. But there can be a big catch - you need to ...

New Brisbane Broncos CEO Paul White Flags Membership Drive
The coal executive taking over at the helm of the Brisbane Broncos has his eyes set on the thousands of fans who regularly turn up to home games ...

Joe Tripodi's ALP membership suspended
NSW ALP has suspended membership of Joe Tripodi amid a corruption inquiry.

Invite-only memberships expand at Canberra's sky-high lounge
... club &ndash; if they have been lucky enough to get an invite The 15th floor lounge billed as Canberra's most exclusive has quadrupled its membership ...