ChangePassword control and CSS Friendly Adapters

 Hi,

I have difficulty getting ChangePassword control to work properly, ie, user enters correct current password and valid new password, new password is updated in DB but control shows error.

I appreciate that this error is caused by double postback and have read threads such as http://forums.asp.net/p/1100637/1672132.aspx detailing the solutions.

How can I go about implementing the code in the above-mentioned thread? Where should I place them?

 Thanks.

0
danadanny

Hi

You may contact steve harman by a private email for help, However, try to use MembershipUser.ChangePassword() method from code behind might help

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.security.membershipuser.changepassword.aspx

Best Regards
XiaoYong Dai
Microsoft Online Community Support

XiaoYong

CSS Friendly Control Adapters
I moved all of the membership to a web service which works fine for all of the control adapters except the Loginstatus control.  When I use it, once the website loads the adapters.dll file it kills the application trying to attach SQL Express to a database in App_Data (the folder is created if it does not exist).  No other "membership" controls have the failure and everything works fine with membership as a web service except for the loginstatus control. If I remove the adapters.browser file it all works fine.  If I remove the loginstatus adapter from the adapters.b...

GridViewHelper AND CSS Friendly Control Adapters
Can someone help me with gridviewhelper?  What I'm trying to do is group a gridview by a column, using the GridViewHelper [http://www.agrinei.com/gridviewhelper/gridviewhelper_en.htm] by agrinei. When I try to apply grouping in a Page_Loadprotected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { GridViewHelper helper = new GridViewHelper(this.GridView1); helper.RegisterGroup("ShipRegion", true, true); helper.ApplyGroupSort(); }it will hide the column, but the new row with the name of a column group wont be created.I have been testing chaging some ...

CSS Friendly Control Adapter for Repeater ?
Hello!I've simple question - is there any way to aplay this nice control to the Repeater Control ? If yes - so how?  Thanks :)  I'm confused as to why you need CSS Control Adapters for the Repeater?!?  The Css Control Adapters take the bloated markup .NET creates for its standard controls and cleans them up.  With Repeaters, there is no output unless you define it.  All you need to do is add CSS classes where you want them in your markup.When your question has been sufficiently answered, please be sure to mark your question as answered. Also, please share...

Multiple CSS Friendly Control Adapters
Greetings! I have an ASP.NET 3.5 CSS friendly menu control adapter in use that works perfectly.  However, whenever I drop down a DataList or TreeView onto the page, I am not able to apply any direct styling to the object.  And when I try changing the control to get its styling from a CSS like the menu does, that doesn't work either.  Anyone know what's going on? Thanks much, albarossa Hallo! I was able to get the TreeView to respond to style changes by copying and pasting the source code of a sample TreeView (from the MS tutorial).  However, no matter w...

How do I use CSS Friendly Control Adapters
I’ve been reading a lot on the CSS Friendly Control Adapters and I getting a lot of conflicting and confusing information.   There seems to be two approaches to the use of these which appears to derives from there being two implementations. An older version which involved running a vsi file which I can’t seem to find in the package. And a later method which seems to only involve adding a refrence to the dll file and adding a App_Browsers folder and placing the CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser file in the folder.  Here’s an example, I’m looking at a page from this site, “ASP.NET 2.0 ...

Installing the CSS Friendly Control Adapters
I'm having trouble understanding on how to install the CSS Control Adapters. Could someone explain to me what I need to do? I have tried to do what the implementation said to do, but I can not get anything to work. If anyone has a step by step tutorial that would be great. No icon shows up under the My Templates in the New web Site window. I'm using Visual Studio 2005. ThanksRandy   If you are using the Microsoft release (1.0), then tutorials are available at http://www.asp.net/CSSAdapters/Default.aspx. (Personally, I don't use this release, and I don't use the Vi...

CSS Friendly control adapter for checkbox list
Hi, Does anyone know if there is CSS Friendly control adapter for <asp:Checkboxlist> and if not, how do I go about making one for it -bdot"There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't" Hi bdotjones, just a thought:If you set the RepeatLayout property of the standard CheckBoxList to "Flow", it will render a css friendly html output.I'm not sure if an adapter could improve the output too much, at least in regards of CSS. Cheers,Juan Juan BarreraMCTSPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" o...

RadioButtonList and CSS Friendly Control Adapters Newbie
I have seen several postings in this thread on the an adapter for the standard ASP.NET 2.0 RadioButtonList.  My question is, are any of these stable enough or after I implement it, am I going to come across issues that will pose significant functionality issues and if it is stable enough, what do I do with the source that is posted? Does that mean that I open up the project for the DLL, insert the source somewhere (if so, where does it go) and the have to recompile it?  My apologies for my ignorance, I have just been exploring options for the inflexibility of the RadioButtonList c...

CSS Friendly Control Adapter Method Benefits ?
 Hi,Can you say that, Whats benefits of this method(i.e, CSS Friendly Control Adapter) for create an web application ?Thanks... MJ_Developer  The benefit is that they create css based markup instead of using tables.While the code that asp.net is technically standards compliant it still violates the idea that we shouldnt use the table tag for layout, it should only be used to present tabular data.The benefits to using tableless, css markup is that file sizes are small, it works consistently on more browsers, its accessible to visually impaired people, etc etc etc. More eloquent li...

CSS friendly control adapter
Hi All,                     I am using a css file to control the look and feel of the treeview. The issue is the connecting lines are not showing up between nodes. Can some body point out what change needs to be done to my css.   The css content is as below:   .SimpleEntertainmentTreeView div.AspNet-TreeView ul li {white-space: nowrap; padding: 1px 0 1px 0; font-size:inherit;   } .SimpleEntertainmentTreeView div.AspNet-TreeView ul ul {margin: 2px 0 2px 10px; } .Simple...

Does anyone have an example of the CSS Friendly Control Adapter CreateUserWizard?
Hello, I've been trying to understand and use the CSS Friendly Control Adapter CreateUserWizard with no success.  I've read over the information on the ASP.NET site, I also tried to view the CreateUserWizard example but it was not available to me. I have been successful with the Menu and Gridview adapters. Does anyone have an example(s) or know where I can find one? Thank you for any help that you can provide. ron...

CSS Friendly Adapters and .NET 3.5? Is it possible?
Hi, I'm using ASP.NET 2.0 CSS Friendly Control Adapters from CodePlex. I know adapters work properly under framework 2.0, but I'm building my project under Visual Studio 2008 (framework 3.5), so there are some incompatibilities. I can't get the Menu Control Adapters working properly (they are shown as <table> elements, but not as <div> elements). Did anyone get this working? Is there anyone working on it? Can anyone help me?I need to get this working as soon as possible, and my knowledge isn't powerful enough to improve the CSSFriendly library.  Tha...

Menu Control and CSS "Friendly" Adapter
 Here's my situation, I've been searching for about 2 weeks to try to do this without any luck. My limited knowledge of ASP doesn't help but I should have found an answer by now because it seems so simple. So here it is. I'm using the menu control and the CSS Friendly Control Adapters 2.0 to make it a bit easier to apply CSS to. ShowStartingNode is set to false because I want to see the whole menu. I have the menu just how I want it. Now, I want to be able to hide certain nodes in the menu. Not so users cant access them (some people have suggested using access cont...

Formal justification for using CSS-friendly control adapters
I have been asked to create a formal document justifying the use of the menu control adapter for our banking application and detailing what code is required to run the adapters.  In addition, I have been asked to demonstrate what it would take to back out the control adapters from a production environment, should they present issues in later browser or .net releases.Concerns expressed include questions about long-term support issues and adding to the complexity of the code base.Benefits raised include cleaner, more current/semantic html, more accessible html (required to comply with Sec...

Web resources about - ChangePassword control and CSS Friendly Adapters - asp.net.security

ChangePassword
Subscribe Fairfax Regional Newspapers

(TWiki login) ChangePassword < TWiki < TWiki
Enter your LoginName . (Typically First name and last name, no space, no dots, capitalized, e.g. JohnSmith, unless you chose otherwise). Visit ...

Napoleon Hill - Business Insider
Login Remember me I forgot username or password Login with Twitter Login with Facebook Login with LinkedIn Login with Google Register Events ...

Stackable Storage. Shelves and Drawers - Crate and Barrel
Customize your space with stackable storage from Crate and Barrel. Shop stackable units including shelves and drawers in a variety of sizes and ...

Web Online Help - CommunityServer - Your Profile
Your profile is a place for you to customize information aboutyourself and the information that's placed upon your PublicProfile. The profile ...

Firebase Constructor - Firebase Javascript SDK
Firebase Sign Up Free Login Docs Pricing How it works Overview Javascript Client Firebase new Firebase( ) auth( ) unauth( ) child( ) parent( ...

Dot Desk in All New - The Land of Nod
Save a spot in your room for our Dot Desk. Its clever semicircle design, smooth white finish and natural legs give it a unique look. Plus, it ...

Login - Michael Daum Consulting
Michael Daum Consulting Home Blog Customers About Contact Get your media breakthrough Welcome to the Michael Daum Consulting Please enter your ...

Account Settings
MSN Hotmail More Autos My MSN Video Careers & Jobs Personals Weather Delish Quotes White Pages Games Real Estate Wonderwall Horoscopes Shopping ...