Can not get Pickup Directory... .net can't access metabase maybe??? Need to get working ASAP

I am using 2.0 to try to send an email to the IisPickup directory

System.Net.Mail.MailMessage message = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage(test@testing.com, "test@test.com", "Testing " + DateTime.Now.ToString(), "Testing the Mail Drop Folder");

System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient client = new System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient("127.0.0.1");
client.DeliveryMethod = System.Net.Mail.SmtpDeliveryMethod.PickupDirectoryFromIis;
client.Send(message);

Example Site : www.andrewworral.com (hit the button)

This code worked on our old deployment server but not on our new server.  I set a specific directory it works, but I have compiled outdated code that needs the IIS reference to work.

It doesn't seem to be a security problem as System.Net.Mail.IisPickupDirectory.GetPickupDirectory() is not returning a security exception.

I am not sure if something is off in the metabase or what it is.

I need to get this working ASAP.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Andy

0
AndyBuffaloNY

I too have the same problem... any solution??

If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer.

ClientSideAsp.Net | Blog
0
anzer
1/9/2007 11:00:10 AM

Anzer,

My problem ended up being that my IIS credentials got fubared.  I really didn't have the time to devote tearing apart another xml schema.  So I changed the user that my website was running as for anonymous access.

I am sure there is a much better way to fix this.  But everything I tried didn't work.  I tried registering asp.net for IIS using aspnet_regiis.exe and a bunch of other things that never worked for me.  You may want to try that.  It may work for you.

Let me know if you find a better solution.  I hate security in windows,  [deleted by Moderator, offensive language]. (Here's hoping with Vista (haven't played with it yet))

0
AndyBuffaloNY

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email
Name: martha Email: mjhartleyatchampmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email Comments: The directions about bugging aren't helpful to me because I don't know what you're talking about. You offered an update, I tried it, now it is in an endless loop of trying to install, failing, and trying again. It is very frustrating because I can't even get into my old email files to get addresses, photos, etc. I have turned off my firewall and have rebooted the computer, per some of the suggestions in the...

I'm getting the access denied error in an iframe and have read stuff and i still can't get it to work! PLEASE HELP ME
 so i went and downloaded the new ajax toolkit 10920 from codeplex. I was still getting the error so i found this i've just read http://blogs.msdn.com/delay/archive/2007/02/05/safely-avoiding-the-access-denied-dialog-how-to-work-around-the-access-denied-cross-domain-iframe-issue-in-the-ajax-control-toolkit.aspx I went to edit common.js as instructed but it aslready has the lines added, and still causes this error. I am trying to use the CollapsiblePanelExtender in an iframe where the parent is not the same domain as the child. What else should i do? Thanks lots in advance &n...

Can't get through init 3 from init 5 and can't get through init 5 from init 3.
I tried opensuse 12.1 Gm today. Installation was perfect with xfce 4.8 until I tried installing the nvidia driver. In runlevel 5 as superuser I tried to shift to runlevel 3 and was welcome with a black screen, I have to use ctrl-alt-delete to reboot. During the reboot I used runlevel 3 and I was able to install the nvidia driver. After the nvidia driver installation I tried to shift to runlevel 5 and there, I was welcome with a black screen with a stationary blinking x cursor. I rebooted once again wiith runlevel 5 to get the gui. Any one had seen this happened? This installation is...

Can't get VS.NET working properly
When I create a web form in VS.NET 2003, it automatically puts the code behind syntax in the top line (ie Codebehind=page.aspx.vb Inherits=dotnettest.page). But even if I put a simple line of html (or add no code at all), I get an error displaying the page. If I use no code behind page or inherits statement, and just put all the asp code between the script tags, I don't have any problems. But as soon as I use a code behind page I get an error on the inherits= statement, even if I haven't added any code. Here's the error message: Parser Error Description: An error occurred durin...

Need to get row id after insert. Can't get my syntax working.
 Hi,I'm trying to get the identity of the row after an insert, but I can't get the syntax right.  Could someone with better eyeballs help me out? Here is my Insert stuff..  <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSourceQueue" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ServiceQConnectionString %>" SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [queue] WHERE ([caseno] = @caseno)" DeleteCommand="DELETE FROM [queue] WHERE [id] = @id" InsertCommand="INSERT INTO queue (caseno...

Desperate!!!! -- can't get DNN4 with sqlexpress2005 to work on winxp --- can't connect to DB!!!!!
HELP!!!!! HELP!!!!I followed the install guide for DNN4 (install version)...but it doesn't work with SQL 2005 express on Win XP...i have tried everything!! below is the error message and the connection strings...HELP!!!   Error Installing DotNetNukeCurrent Assembly Version: 04.00.00ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProviderSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Unable to open the physical file "C:\dotnetnuke\App_Data\dotnetnuke.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)". An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\dotne...

Debian Woody, two problems: can't get kppp to work and can't su in X
Hello, I have Debian Woody installed on this Dell i8100 laptop via Libranet 2.0. I have two hurdles left that I can't seem to overcome. 1. I can't get kppp to work. I always get the following error message: Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: The remote system is required to authenticate itself Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: but I couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it to use to do so. Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: (None of the available passwords would let it use an IP address.) Exit Status From 'man pppd': 1 An immediately f...

javascript : can't get access to class from .net dll
hi, i have some troubles with invoking method from dll, generated in .net  trying to find out how to do it i wrote a simple class.  here it is :   using System; namespace Library1 { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Class1. /// </summary> public class Class1 : System.Windows.Forms.UserControl { public Class1() { // // TODO: Add constructor logic here // } public string getSomething() { return "some string here"; } } } calling class function from javascript :   <OBJECT id="Class...

Can't seem to get Embedded Resources to work in VS.NET
Hi All, i have this code snippet StreamReader reader1 = new StreamReader(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream("Sbx.Mail.Resources.MimeTypes.txt"))This is supposed to collect the MIME TYPES from a text file named, MimeTypes.txt thats located in the Resources folder of my class library. Its properties are set to embedded resource but when i compile and run it i get a stream is null error.  The problem, i think, lies in either that i created the text file wrong,or it's not compiling as an actual resource.  All the text file has is just the values. IE: applicatio...

Web resources about - Can not get Pickup Directory... .net can't access metabase maybe??? Need to get working ASAP - asp.net.security

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Telephone directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Phone book" and "White pages" redirect here. For a contact list, see Contact list . For other uses, see White pages (disambiguation) . Subscriber ...

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory
... continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory" ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

Slack announces App Directory store
... create more apps for the store, and a new framework called Botkit which should simplify the process of creating apps. The Slack App Directory, ...

The British Library’s ‘Save Our Sounds’ Program Creates Directory of UK Sound Collections
The long-feared deterioration of the world's sound collections is a coming to a head with the British Library's last-ditch initiative called ...

First look: Microsoft Azure Active Directory Domain Services puts it all in the cloud
On Oct. 14, Microsoft announced the preview release of Azure Active Directory Domain Services or, as I like to call it, a domain in a cloud. ...

Security Recruiter Directory
To find the right security job or hire the right candidate, you first need to find the right recruiter. CSO's security recruiter directory is ...

Slack's App Directory proves it's more than just a chatroom
... are about to get a little easier to find and integrate within your team and over 160 of them live within the company's new Slack App Directory. ...