allow registered users of a site, to create new users and manage their roles and passwords etc

Hi

Hi All

Im looking for a solution which will allow registered users of a site, to create new users and manage their roles and passwords etc, so that the registered primary user becomes an administrator for the other users they create.

In short, I am not good enough to create this my self, so if anyone knows of an off the shelf solution that  exists, or what this type of thing is know as so I can find it via a web search, I’d be most grateful as I’m not having much luck so far

Thanks

odxsigma

0
odxsigma

Hello

yes , there is something called " Membership managment " ...

follow this link :

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas

Creating User Account Without Default Security Role (Registered User Role)
  My DNN version is 3.1.1. The portal is set to Private Registration. Unauthenicated users have access to the basic pages of the site. We require my company's current customers to register and be approved to have access to all other pages that contain information restricted to them (the major part of the site). As you know, authorizing a user account applys the Registered User security role by default and this is how I control access to the customer areas.  We want to create a page that will be used by Marketing to allow potential customers by login to...

password recover ? it sent me new user password, how can i get user password ? (not new user password )
hi password recovery sent me new user password, how can i get user password ?(not new user password) it also changed user password to new user password. i want that it should not change user password how can i do this ? SincerelyMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Refer to these two articles.http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178335.aspxhttp://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/login/passwordrecovery.aspx Hope this helps.  hi thank you for your reply :) i have deleted enablePasswordReset="t...

Manage Users For This Role / Manage Roles For This User Question
In the roles/user management pages there is a link called Manage Users For This Role and Manage Roles For This User respectively. I want non Admins to be able to see these pages, and currently I have it so that they can see the manage users and manage roles pages. However, when a non admin clicks on Manage Users For This Role or Manage Roles For This User link it does not display the control, just an empty page. I can get around this by giving edit rights to the page, but I do not want them to have edit rights for the page. Any ideas? Thanks  ...

User resets password (email is sent with new password) user logs in with new password how to redirect to change password page?
I have a page with the login control, another page with a reset password control and another page with a change password control. Login and reset work perfectly. However what I want is very simple. Once the user recieves the email with their new generic password I would like the next time that user logins in (using the new generic password) to automatically take them to the change password page. I am sure there is an easy way to do this and I just haven't figured it out. I am using VS2008. Thank you for your help! Shawn The simplest way would be to update the aspnet_Membership t...

Login controls
HiI'm building a web app in visual studio 2005 and I'm setting up a 'create user' page for the admin part of the app. I'm creating a customised CreateUserWizard so that I can add a user to the asp.net membership list (in database on my server) and also add some info to one of my tables (user first name, faculty they work for etc).  I want to be able to let the admin user allocate roles (those already defined in my config) from a drop down list. I want to inculde this in my create user wizard, and have an 'update user' section where I can change their role the...

Create a new user and email then user name and password
Hello I am using CreateUser method to create a new user when a new person is inserted into a database. (On FormView_ItemInserted event) I would like  to then email the new user thier username and password.  Can anyone help with how to do this please. Thanks  there are bunch of examples on the internet.  Here is one from scott that is very good.http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/072606-1.aspx Peter Kellnerhttp://73rdstreet.com and blogging athttp://PeterKellner.netMVP, ASP.NET Thanks for the link.But what I want to achieve is to send a username an...

Retrieving the new user ID after details have been created with Create New User Wizard
I've got a 'create new user' wizard set up with several additional wizard pages containing extra information. This information will be stored into the database when the CreatedUser event fires. However, I need to obtain the user ID of the newly created user. How can this be achieved? Assuming the user id is an Identity field that is generated in SQL, I would return the user id as an output parameter in your stored procedure and reference that parameter in your ASP.NET code.   I believe the code to get the identity value of a newly added record is: SELECT @myoutputp...

how to create new USER (not role) in the report manager
I need to add a new user (user is in the domain) into the report manager, so that other users can have access to my report remotely from other workstations.  Are there anyway to do this.THANKS in advance...

Manage users and roles for users
Hi. I want to know how can i manage my users and users roles on my hosted website. I want that admin controls (when i log in as admin) allow me to change users roles and other stuff. Any1 have any guide or know any website that teach how to create a "admin.aspx" page to manage users and roles? thx Do you have the schema ready ? If yes, are you willing to change the schema ? Are you using ASP.NET 2.0 ? If yes, you can easily do this using the administration tool in ASP.NET 2.0.                 &n...

creating a new role that is not an Administrator, but users can create new pages
My organization is migrating to DNN version 3 for its Internet site. We will have various people (about 40) throughout the organization designated as content managers, who will create pages for their units. I tried creating a new role called 'Content Manager' in DNN, but as far as I can see, unless I designate these people as Administrators, they won't have access to create new pages - the icon bar at the top for creating and editing pages only appears for Administrators and SuperUser. I'm a programmer, so I did some extensive digging into the code, and it appears that this is really hard-wi...

create a user role to "create users"
Is it possible to create a user role so that i can assign users to create users. I don't want to give them access to the administrator role, just a role that will allow them to create new users. You could work around that by placing a user account module on a page only accessible by the role in question.The original registration would then be turned off or set to private.I think that's the easienst way of dealing with your problemHope that helpsLeif But if you add a Users Account module to a page, doesn't that just show the currently logged in user their details. Is there something i am...

A new portal user whose username and password match a user in a different portal is created?
I think I've got this right, but I may have missed something. Perhaps someone can help clarify this for me.A portal administrator can create a new user account in their portal. This really creates a new user in the Users table. The Users table is shared by all Portals. Say for exmaple the username was "John" and John was given UserID 100.An administrator of a different portal on the same DNN installation can then create an accont for his new users. If the Portal administrator requests the same Username (say "John"), if the requested Usernames and Passwords match, the 2nd Portal Use...

Custom Create New User automatically logs-in New User
Hi. I've written a custom Create New User form that allows Admins to add new Users. The problem is it also logs-in the new User.  I realize the CreateUserWizard has a property (LoginCreatedUser); however, I'm not using the wizard. Can't find a way to programmatically NOT login a new User.  Does anyone know how to turn this off?  Here's my code: MembershipUser newUser = Membership.CreateUser(this.txtUserName.Text, this.txtPassword.Text, this.txtEmail.Text, this.txtQuestion.Text, this.txtAnswer.Text, false, out status); Thank you. -Nicole are you using the production ...

How to implement registered user(s) predefine role when user register?
Hello everyone, I would like to know how to implement a predefine role to users who register on the site without changing manually each role for the user. Example: "All Users" is used even after the person registered on the site. "Admin" has access to all. So how would I go about implementing another role "AuthUsers" when Anonymous users enrolled on the site and immediately become "AuthUsers"? I've simply added some code to my AddUser sproc that adds them to a specific RoleID. Here it is in its entirety: CREATE Proced...

Web resources about - allow registered users of a site, to create new users and manage their roles and passwords etc - asp.net.security

Registered share - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Registered share is a stock that is registered on the name of the exact owner. If the owner of such a share sells his share, the new owner ...

Musicians Who Share Facebook App Get Tracks Registered With Spotify
Up-and-coming musical artists have a great incentive to share a new Facebook application from Ditto Music: If they share the app with three Facebook ...

Vevo doubles registered user count since switching to Facebook-only login; CEO hints at further integration ...
Music video service Vevo has doubled its total registered users as a result of switching to Facebook-only login and adding more personalized ...

How many registered users does NYTimes.com have?
There are some updates to this page that haven't been applied yet because you've entered some data into a form. You can refresh this page to ...

All sizes - German-registered RV in Canada - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

A Tony Baroni Luxury Exclusive: The Oldest Registered Home in Hillsborough County, Florida - YouTube
12401 Calusa Lane Thonotosassa, FL 33592 MLS# T2712012 Description: Welcome to Mimosa Groves on 5 Acres of Peaceful Paradise located on Lake ...

Debtors likely to be arrested on entry into the UAE if cases have been registered
If there are cases registered the debt must be repaid in full before the case can be cancelled.

Paris attacker was registered refugee - AdelaideNow Search Search
THE holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen who died in Friday night's attacks in Paris was registered as a refugee ...

Computer consultant already registered as sex offender jailed for child pornography offences
A "depraved" computer consultant has been jailed for charges that included disguising a child pornography virus on schoolboys' Facebook ...