After SqlMembership and Roles Site is Slow

hi

i have adopted the technique of asp.net sqlmembership and roles. but after that site is getting very slow. i know there are some side effects of using enable trimming on sitemap items.

but it is really very to understand that what is the reason. what are the performance issues i should keep in mind while applying such settings......

Muhammad Shoaib
Human Knowledge belong to the World!
0
SaXXXoN

Hi SaXXXoN,

Generally, it'll be fine if you enable membership and role in asp.net application. Thus I guess whether it's caused by SQL Server. Do you use a local or remote SQL Server? Is the SQL Server busy? Also, is the retrieved data from database big?

Thanks.

David Qian
Microsoft Online Community Support

Wencui
5/5/2009 6:12:01 AM

David,

 is the Aspnet membership running on a sql server a good solution for a site that wants to be very large? Maybe you could point us to some popular larger sites running it? I know myspace seems to be labled a .net site, go daddy.com seems to have .aspx files being served - any info you can provide would be great. I know there is a lot of other factors that could play into a sql server being slowed down, open datareaders, a ton of open connections, bad queries, incorrect page file set up etc... but on a whole is the aspnet membership made for a big time site?

Thanks,

 Jeff

0
info

.Net site slow...
Hi, I've recently built a photo album that has some 200 pictures. It  is built on a 3.5 framework but does not use any of the componenets. Basically the 200 pictures in the main page are small jpgs of 130x95 and if you click on one of them a javascrip popup causes a 500x300 duplicate to diaplay in a separate window. Now I preload all images using traditional javascrip function that is called in the <body> tag. Yet it takes a while to display the images. Any ideas what I may to do to improve performance. Thanks, EJMSoftware engineering is a team sport. With 200 imag...

returning from secure site to non secure site
Hi, I want to return from secure site to non secure site using Response.Redirect method but it stays in secure site dowsn't redirect to non https site. How can I fix this problem, and why it is a problem. Kind regards,Fatih UÇAR To redirect between a SSL site to a non SSL site, you have to specify the full qualified url (including the protocol) as the parameter for response.redirect. For example: Response.Redirect("http://.....") or Response.Redirect("https://.....") Thanks zhuhua for your answer yes I have specified fully qualified name that's why an alert box appears by i...

When loading gmail must always "reload" once unless using the secure loading site. When using the secure loading site loading takes four times as long. So I don't use the secure loading site, I just
Name: Dwight Metcalfe Email: dwmet1atgmaildotco Product: Firefox Summary: When loading gmail must always "reload" once unless using the secure loading site. When using the secure loading site loading takes four times as long. So I don't use the secure loading site, I just "reload" the other site once automatically just to save time. Hmmmmmmmm. Comments: Only been doing that about a month. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to reade...

Duplicate Security Roles Showing up In Security Roles Manager
Anyone have any ideas?  We have had and instance of 3.0.13 with one child portal running for about a month now.  A few days ago our adminstrator noticed that we have duplicate entries for security roles. For example, the Security Roles Manager shows:Name Description Fee Every Period Trial Every Period Public Auto   Administrators Portal Administration         False False   Administrators Portal Administration         False False  Registered Users Registered Users    &n...

Secure sites load slow or not at all
I have searched through the forums here but could not find a fix for my particular issue. I installed opensuse 11 on 2 different machines, one at work and one at home. One is working just fine and the other I am having a problem with https sites. I have another older suse box at home, on the same network, and behind the same routers which works fine. With the new box, https sites either load very slowly, after I reload the pages several times, or not at all. Being that I loaded opensuse on 2 boxes and one works fine, it should not be a problem with that. Also being that another ...

.NET site sub-dir of .NET site, TemplateSourceDirectory returns null
Hello, Should be an easy answer for anyone familiar with .NET hosting / IIS / permissions...  Please help! This site was working for going on 2 years, build in VS 2003, minus unexpected system crashes, config changes, incompatible upgrades, etc. done by my hosting company (I will be moving soon!)  Yes, I am re-writing with master pages and the works in 2005 - but would like to get the old site up until I can publish the new one. I have a main site as, for example:  mysite.com/I have admin site as a sub-dir of my base site. physically literally a sub directory named securedi...

How Do I: Secure my Site using Membership and Roles?
I was following the subject video in Web Developer 2005 Express and I experienced two problems I have been unable to resolve.  In the Create User Wizard object, when I drop the object in the page and run a test, it works fine.  But when I add the custom WizardStep as in the video, and rerun the test, the only step to appera is the custom step--the initial and final steps no longer appear.  I have rerun this development step a couple of time following the video action by action with the same result.  Any idea what is going wrong.  Later in the same video there is a ...

Browsing secure sites (https) is very slow.
Hello, I've recently installed openSUSE 11.4 (64 bit) on my system and am experiencing severe performance issues with websites using https (any site using https). Page loads over https take anywhere between 30 seconds to 2 minutes. It's the same issue posted here 'Secure sites load slow or not at all' (http://tinyurl.com/3tak4f5) -- there was no confirmed solution. - My router/hardware configuration has not changed in a long time and I've run Ubuntu, Arch Linux, and Windows XP on the same machine within the last year and have not had any issues. - I also h...

Windows integrated security slows my sites down
Hi all, I have a couple sites that have admin sections.  I used to use just forms authentication but i changed a couple over to windows integrated security.  But they all run so slow now.  Not just logging in but the entire experience, its like its doubling the time it takes to do everything! Is this to be expected?  Im on IIS 5 WIN 2000 these sites run on a couple differnet servers some which are development based and some hi-end production servers? all tests come from hi-speed or better internet connections thanks mcm     I advise you to monito...

Roles, roles, roles
Hey is it posible o have a role for a user to only update the content? I don't want that user to change skins or to make other admin changes... up I think if you allow a role to edit contents on a module level he wont be able to change anything else. Did you try that? cheers, erikErik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands if you allow a role to edit contents in a module lets say discussions module, then that role will be able to edit, delete the threads. so for a role to be able to add new thread only, do we need to write our own code?-keeara g------------------ keeara, see...

Security roles seem broken on one site
I seem to have totally screwed up the security roles settings on one of my child portals. If I log in as the Master Admin for the parent portal, I have full access, but if I log in as a user who has been given edit access to a module, the instant I click on "Edit" or "Add" for the module (just about any standard DNN module), it either bounces the user back to the login page, or just clears their login as if they had never logged in.I got to digging around, looking at various settings and somehow this portal's User Registration had been set to "none". I have no idea when that was done, but I ...

Advanced .NET only
Note - sorry about the double post, but I dont know if this a client side problem or a scurity problem. I have a page that has a search datagrid on it (search.aspx). This datagrid has a hyperlink column where you can view more details on each of the row entries (by going to details.aspx and passing the id through the URL field) Preety standard stuff so far, but...... I created a back button on the details.aspx page so that the user can go back to the search page. This works great on my Windows 2000 Professinal machine with IE version 6.0.2800. So I put this onto my server. It st...

security for Statemanagement in Secure site
Hi All,   Can anybody tell me what type of security regarding stateManagement should we take while developing secure site.  Thanks in advance   Regards Shreeniwas...

Slow slow slow
Name: Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Slow slow slow Comments: Firefox has gotten so slow as of late it's incredible. I've had switch back over to safari for some tasks just so I can say... look something up on IMDb. I still love you firefox! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2b5) Gecko/20091204 Firefox/3.6b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it...

Web resources about - After SqlMembership and Roles Site is Slow - asp.net.security