Access Net work mapped drive VB.NET

Hi

I have a docuemnt mangemnt system coded in VB.NET.
The system sometimes needs to get documents from Network mapped drive and shared drives. In development machine everything works fine. But when I moved the code to Test serever, it could not access the mapped drives. I tried all security settings. But still could not.
I tried unc path, but it throws In valid user exception.
Can anybody help m eto solve this issue.

Thank you
Jikk
0
jikktech

Hi Jikk,

What login is your app running under? Whichever it is, it has to have permission to access the network, which ASPNET doesn't have by default. Also, what version of Windows is the test server running?
Don
Don Kiely, MCP, MCSD
In the Last Frontier, Interior Alaska
Please post questions and replies to the forum! And remember to MARK AS ANSWER when someone definitively answers a question or resolves a problem!
0
donkiely

Type.GetType does not work in VB.NET but works in C#. VB.NET gurus Please help
Friends,   I am an experienced C# programmer who is working on a VB.NET project now. I am writing different methods covering the following functionalities 1) Take a datareader as input and return an arraylist of class object2) Take an xmlnode (received from a webservice) as input and return an arraylist of class object. The methods are generic methods which take datareader/xmlnode as first parameter and classname (string) as the second parameter. This way it will work trivially. The schema of class object matches with the input (datareader or xmlnode)In C# I used to do th...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

how can i write this line using vb.net : container.dataitem ?.... in vb.net its not working
Dim container As GridView = CType(newLinkButton.NamingContainer, GridView) Dim dataValue As Object = DataBinder.Eval(container.dataitem, _ColName)   _ColName its just a string a name of the field in my database   This is Vb.Net code man what you want? You can convert any format from this link http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/  If this post is answer of your question then don't forgot to Click Mark As Answer...

About VB.net And VC.net
I am always Programming With VB.net Recently My Teacher ask us to learn Vc or VC.net. I try to learn it and compare it with vb.net, I found it's much too complex than vb. However it is said vc is strongger than vb I want to know Why vc is strongger than vb? and is it hard too learn vc? I am new to asp.net Thanks for man who want to help me! Wuhan, Hubei, China Below links could give some info http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q308470Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti VisualC is not a language in an of itself...

VB.Net To C#.Net

C#.NET or VB.NET

vb .net or c# .net

Catch events in javascript from .NET usercontrol works in VB.Net
I've created a vb.net Windows Forms control that I've got working hosted in IE using the implementation found here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305624 and here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/msdnmag/issues/02/01/UserCtrl/TOC.asp I can access my properties and methods from javascript with no problem.  I tried to raise events in my UserControl and catch them in the HTML with javascript but I couldn't get it to work. The second article above on msdn explains how to source events from C#, but I need to get it working in VB.Net. A...

Upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003
Hi, i want to upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003.what is the procedure?Uninstall 2002 and Install 2003 or something else? VB.net 2003 includes Framework 1.1 or i will install it separately?thanx in advance ...

Web resources about - Access Net work mapped drive VB.NET - asp.net.security

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Motorists can access up-to-date service station data on fuel prices - The Courier-Mail Search Search
MOTORISTS will be able to access up-to-date information on local petrol prices next year.

Petrol prices: Consumers to get access to retailers' data under ACCC deal
The consumer watchdog has ended court proceedings against petrol retailers after the information service they agreed to share pricing data with ...

Apple starts offering proxy access to give shareholders more power over board of directors
... to nominate to the company’s board of directors. This makes Apple the latest company to adopt what is commonly referred to as “proxy access.” ...

All-Access with Bruce Arians: Rest is for the bye week
Bruce Arians talked Monday about his team after it demolished the Packers 38-8, giving them their 13th win and keeping them alive for the NFC's ...

CMS 2017 Access standards are still soft
... a QHP issuer in a State would be required to ensure that a certain percentage of the potential enrollees residing in a county have access to ...

Widespread access problems for EA
Electronic Arts experienced log in and connection issues for many of its titles on Thursday, the video game company said.

Google Gets Access To Your Kids’ Data Because It’s A “School Official”
... with scheduling? So it wouldn’t come as a surprise to most parents that “school officials” are on the list of entities who are allowed to access ...

Waves 2 is out on Early Access, looks to channel Geometry Wars
... Wars 3: Dimensions . It looks like another indie developer is also carrying that torch, as Squid in a Box's Waves 2 is now out on Early Access ...

Access geo-restricted content for the rest of your life
Access geo-restricted content for the rest of your life