Access denied with non-admin Active Directory account in Windows Server 2003 SP2 accessing .NET 3.5 & AjaxControlToolkit web app

Hi all,

This is a little complex problem so please bare with me and please see the attached diagram.

Situation:

a)Our corporation have 2 networks: 1 with Active Directory and 1 with Private Area Network (PAN).

b) I deployed my application to the Application Server running Windows XP Pro SP2, located in PAN.

c) In my application, I need to access physical folders and MSMQ service on the File Server (connected both to LAN and PAN with 2 NICs). running Windows Server 2003 SP1

I have shared these folders for everyone in Active Directory and allow everyone to have access to MSMQ on FileServer

d) Because the web app is on Application Server, client have to connect to File Server using the Active Directory account by VNC/Remote Desktop (RDP), then access the web app.

e) When client uses Active Directory account that are in administrator group of File Server, there's no problem. But with Active Directory accounts that not in administrator group, we have error message in web app, it say access denied (see the error image)

 My question is:

+ How can I help non-admin Active Directory accounts avoid access denied ? What could be the resources that denying?

0
thelightkeeper

Hi,thelightkeeper

thelightkeeper:
When client uses Active Directory account that are in administrator group of File Server, there's no problem. But with Active Directory accounts that not in administrator group, we have error message in web app, it say access denied (see the error image)

Have you tried creating a new group, and this non-admin users to the group and grant the group access permissions to the resources.

Regards

Andrew Zhu
Microsoft online ASP.NET support
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Andrew

Portal hosted on Windows Server 2003 gives ACL 401.3
Hi all, In our Test Environment, we currently have our Application website hosted on 2 separate IIS 6.0 Servers(Windows 2003) The application has Integrated windows authentication enabled(with Anonymous access unchecked).The problem is whenever a user tries to hit the website he will be prompted for credentials and after three attemptshe will be redirected to 401.3(HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.)Error page.If the user is added as Administrator on the IIS box itself , then he could access the site without any problem, w...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

Deploy 3.5 web app on .NET 3.0 web server?
Hello,I am considering developing an ASP.NET app in VS 2008 using LINQ.  I know LINQ is .NET 3.5 specific but the IIS6 web server I need to deploy to only has .NET 3.0 installed (and I can't change that).So my question: can I compile and deploy a .NET 3.5 app on a web server with .NET 3.0 on it?  If so, how - and is there any official MSFT documentation? thanks,Justin Try this out it may work, if not you won't be using Linq unless they upgrade. http://linqinaction.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/09/05/linq-support-on-net-2.0.aspx- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful rep...

VS .Net 2003 remote web project, windows xp & windows server 2003 setup
Hi everyone, I have a windows server 2003 setup as a server with IIS 6 & VS 2003 .Net I created an account programmatically for a user with frontpage extensions 2002. The accont works fine when using VS Studion .Net 2003 on the server machine however when I try to create a web project using a windows xp client machine with VS .Net 2003 it fails with a combination of "this user is not a member of the author group" (the user is setup as an administrator on the server and also has administrator front page author privilege) & the user has correct inheritable privileges on th...

'General Access denied error' in Windows 2003 Server Active Directory
Hi, I am working in a new project that need 1. Unlock the user account in Active Directory 2. Recover password using some hint questions and answers. 3. Create a new user account page. Here my problem is, most of the pages are throwing errors like 'General Access denied error’ or ‘Unspecified error’. i think it caused by anonymous LDAP operations. So I search in the Microsoft support site and find a solution http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326690#appliesto. But still same errors are throwing from the server… In my project I create a login page for au...

Can I Run .NET 3.5 Webapplications in Windows Server 2003&IIS6.0
Hello, Got a silly doubt (But sorry to say that, Didn't get proper information while Googling..).. I want to upgrade my .NET 2.0 Webapp to .NET 3.5..  But some of my friends commented that, "we can't run 3.5 Webapps on IIS6.0".. Is that true ? If Yes, Is there any other Work around for that ?? Thanks & Regards, Srikanth.. I hope I'm Clear.. Is it that much of tricky?? Till now 7 views..but no replies ??? Can any body help me plzzzz.. Thanks & Regards, Srikanth No, it is not true.  You can run apps made with the 3.5 framework on II...

how both linux&window clients can MS 2003 server access active directory users profiles
We have on client side 200+ PCs and 600 + users all of them are windows based and on server side 2003 server in domain (active directory) environment with 100 MB of disk quota is assigned to each user. Now i want to replace windows client OS with linux but nothing want to change on server side. How can I achieve this where my windows and linux clients both can login through active directory and at the same time they can access disk space which were assigned to each use. Please guide me with the right direction and if any tutorial or material that you wanted to suggest in this regard....

Deploy an Ajax 2.0 net 3.5 web app developed on vista vs2008 to 2003 server
Hi I have an app which works fine in the dev environment on vista. I am trying to deploy it to 2003 server. Just simply adding a deployment project gives a xcopy which errors: Unknown server tag 'asp:ScriptManager'. Can someone please point me to a link which goes through the steps necessary to get the deployment to include the ajax library? thanks Hi ExGliderPilot When we deploy the ASP.NET AJAX website to web server, we need to install the AJAX runtime which names System.Web.Extensions to the production server's GAC, and please take notice of the version of System.Web.Ex...

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

.net 3.5 application in virtual directory under .net 2.0 app
Hi. Been up all night trying to get my head around this problem... Running  into a few problems with this scanario, where a 3.5 app is located below a 2.0 app. Is there any way to isolate them? The links on the web-site work in such a way that the 3.5 app looks to be part of the web in a navigatable hierachy. I have tried a few things, but using <location> is not part of a solution I can find due to the differing <configSections> that point to different versions of the assemblies.The app work on the web server if I use a URL that points to *its* root (not via ...

Access my aspx page from a non .net web server
HI, I have a restricted aspx page (a Calculator) on my website. Another website(does not run .net) has requested to use the page on their website. What would be the best way to acheive this scenario?Can non .net websites consume .net services (web services)?Ideally i'd like the scenario to run like this...Consuming website purchases a subscription to the aspx page(calculator)They are supplied a script to insert into their html page which calls the aspx page (web service?)aspx page returns rendered page to consuming website Do your users need to see the calculator physically in ord...

WEb Parts with Active Directory in .NET 3.5
HeyI would like some guidance on how to do things please. When .NEt 2.0 first came out i tried out webparts and got some web parts on a test webstie working.  The intention was always to slowly incorpaorte my findings into our exisitng intranert.The problem is it was so long ago when  ilooked at web parts that i have forgotten most of it.  I somehow added the webparts databse to our sql server, and created various user logins, not that i can remember how to do, this is a clear example of why you should have documentation :)I have been looking into web parts again as we wa...

Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: Tony Email: Accuscopeathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: I have used Firefox for many years but I am not happy with latest version. You can set options such as home page and security and privacy settings but as soon as you close the browser and re start it remembers none of the settings??? Very frustrating! I have re-installed several times and rebooted every time but it always goes back to a default page as though I had just do...

setup AP.NET membership database & web.config in .NET 3.5?
 A long time ago I setup an ASP.NET security database using aspnet_regsql.exe. I noticed this utility doesn't ship with .NET 3.5. Can anyone direct me to a writeup of how to create the security database and modify the web.config for membership? Thanks! Michael  Hello Michael, You still use the .net framework version 2 version of aspnet_regsql.exe in something like C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727As I understand it ver 3.5 is just adding new features onto the version 2 framework but mostly asp.net is just the same. Hope it helps JeremyRegardsJeremyIf ...

Web resources about - Access denied with non-admin Active Directory account in Windows Server 2003 SP2 accessing .NET 3.5 & AjaxControlToolkit web app - asp.net.security

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

CSTruter :: Articles
CS Trüter Homepage of Christoff Trüter Home Blog Articles Downloads About me Contact me Top 5 posts Moving items between listboxes in ASP.net/PHP ...

Ajax Control Toolkit July 2011 Release - Now on NuGet
Say what you will about the Ajax Control Toolkit. Some like it, some don't, but it got 1.15 MILLION downloads last year. Is the ACT dead? Not ...

Working with the Ajax Control Toolkit - WebReference
The Ajax Control Toolkit is a community project from Microsoft that contains a number of controls to design and implement Ajax-enabled controls ...

Ajax Control Toolkit 30390 for Umbraco
I modified the Ajax Control Toolkit version 30390 so it can be used next to Umbraco's ACT version. Look at http://our.umbraco.org/projects/a ...

Junior Web Developer - £17,000 with Inspiring Interns - 50878
Our client delivers software and hardware solutions to global clients including governing bodies, scientific companies, warehousing and packing ...

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

Ajax Control Toolkit July 2011 Release - Now on NuGet - Scott Hanselman
Scott Hanselman on Programming, User Experience, The Zen of Computers and Life in General