A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.)

I have no clue what this error means:

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.)

I get it when my webconfig connection string tries to authenticate against a SQL Server 2005 Database

When is Microsoft going to get rid of VB.NET!
0
dba123

Does the same connection string work outside of your application as in from SQL Server management studio or within VS.NET ?

Eric Ramseur
Rainbow Portal 2.0 Admin
Download Rainbow 2.0!!
Rainbow Code
Rainbow Portal Community
C# 2005 Group
0
eramseur
12/21/2005 10:03:11 PM

this connection string should work in vs.net but doesn't:

<add key="EBNconn" value="UID=sqlapps;PWD=******;database=INTEGRATION_SERVICES_EBN;Data Source=servername;"/>

Other than that, I can create an odbc connection in Windows XP Pro just fine

When is Microsoft going to get rid of VB.NET!
0
dba123

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0
i'm going nuts with SQL server notification thing. I have gone throigh this artical which tells how to set user http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/SqlDependencyPermissions.aspx. This article show how to create new user and setup for sql server notification.But In my case user was alredy existing in database. which is very common senario in most cases. So i did following( check the SQL script below) but then i get this error "A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memo...

Provider: TCP Provider, error: 0
 Hi guys,  I recently developed a website for one of my client and today client report that i face random error sometime when i access some pages.The complete error description are shown below.A transport-level error has occured when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available. Can any one told me from which reason this error generated and how to resolve it, Client host website on shared hosting plan and uses SQL SERVER 2005 as database management system.Thanks. >> Web Developer This mean...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0
A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0 - An unexpected network error occurred.)   if my application background thread is running the above error shown . how can remove it?    Hi,priyanka Try These Links http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=338537&SiteID=1 http://www.scribd.com/doc/230645/Question-Book         PLZ MARK AS ANSWER IF IT HELP U. THANKS. RAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Su...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0
Hi all, I use Asp.Net 2.0 and SQL server 2000 and I get the above error in my site.I went through the other posts and reply.It is said to clear the connection pools.So i need a clear view what that will do.When should i actually clear it.Will Clearing the pools introduce any other problem or is there any othere solution for this. Please help me in solving this. Thanks, Joseph Hi Joseph have you stopped the DB services. Please check whether your DB services are running or mot. basically this a connectivity error. Second problem that could be is that while sending the request...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0
A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of pipe.)  check whether your sql server allows both sql authentication  and windows authenticationlogin with windows authentication into management studio, select server -> right click it and select properties, in that dialog box select securityand set  serversuthentication mode to both windows and sql authentication.and also i recommentds you just put this  error and check it in google.  Give a man a fish and y...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0
when i enter user name , password and click submit..following error occurs.. A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)suggestions plse.  Maybe you have a firewall on your machine??Plese, do not forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. Thanx!My blog: Scenes From A Developer Memory This error occurs when the client machine is not connected to sqlserver. if it is standalone machine check with the connectivity  ...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0
 when i enter the user name, Password and click enter in my siteit showing below error..A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)  What may be the problem..  This does not sound like a SQL Server problem, it's more likely something is acting up in the network. Have a look at 2 links below if it still fail after few retries:http://www.mcse.ms/message2316445.htmlhttp://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=243278Jack Yang.NET Develo...

Connecting to sql server 2000 on Godaddy error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Facts:1. I am using my account on Godaddy trying to connect to my sql server db.2. I can get into my db using user id and password.3. Godaddy's help file shows this for a connection string: connectstr = "Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" & db_server & ";DATABASE=" &db_name & ";UID=" & db_username & ";PWD=" & db_userpassword4. My connection string: "Server=whsql-v09.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;uid=dbasolutions;pwd=***;database=DB_87972;"  & _                    "Trusted_Connecti...

Login Error message "A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1
 Hi all, I was wondering if any body know anything about this problem I'm getting with the login program?Thanks in advance.  A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1 - I/O Error detected in read/write operation) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A transport-level...

(provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26
Hello all,  I have developed the project using .net 2008 with oracle database. In my visual studio its working fine.  Once i upload in to the server,I face the problem. when i am login in to the login.aspx page and the redirect into another page. in that i receive the error from Application_Error Event in Global.aspx page. Error Message:An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL N...

Problem with SQL Server connection string - provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26
Hi Guys, I am having a wierd problem. The system works perfectly when I am connected to the local network but throws the above error when I disconnect it from the network. Given below are my connectionstrings: integrated security=false;user id=U1;data source=localhost;persist security info=False;password=pwd1;initial catalog=MyDB //connection string to my database Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;User ID=U2;Password=pwd2 //connectionstring to aspnetdb for webparts I have also changed all the providers (SQLMembership, SQLProfile, SQLRole) to use LocalSQLServer and comme...

Server was unable to process request. ---> A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake.
I got this message from sql "Server was unable to process request. ---> A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) "  Does anyone know what happen? ThanksToronto Trade show displays | Toronto Printing Solutions | Toronto Printing  I fou...

Can't Login: error establishing a connection to the server error: 26
Interestingly, I can Register for an account, but can't log in.An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) However, the web app specific tables work.  So, it is finding the database & the instance, but not when I try to log in.  I have 2 connection strings.  1) ASPNETDB to support Membership and 2) myWebS...

provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
hi all, Have a gud day to you... the following error was thrown when establishing the connection.. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settingsSQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) i can show some sample code also... Conn.Open()ViewState("ConnectionString") = ConnectionStringPage.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType(), "MyMessageBoxScript&q...

Web resources about - A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.) - asp.net.security

How NARR8 Successfully Launched On Facebook
I work with NARR8 , a free-to-use application and digital publisher of interactive eBooks. Last month, NARR8 launched its extensive catalog of ...

Goal Setting: Ultimate Guide to Setting Goals Successfully on the App Store on iTunes
Get Goal Setting: Ultimate Guide to Setting Goals Successfully on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

[LIVE TRADE] How To Trade Binary Options Successfully - Binary Options Signals - YouTube
Show you how to trade binary options successfully with binary options trading signals that you can download http://goo.gl/wqepHL It's actually ...

Third time's a charm: SpaceX successfully launches new probe after two failed attempts
A new probe that will observe and examine space storms has been successfully launched after two previous failed attempts.

Lauren Wells successfully appeals disqualification from world championships
Canberra athlete was disqualified during the 400-metre heats at the world athletics championships in Beijing.

Lauren Wells successfully appeals disqualification from world championships
Canberra athlete was disqualified during the 400-metre heats at the world athletics championships in Beijing.

S. Korea successfully launches satellite
SOUTH Korea has succeeded in its third attempt to launch a satellite into orbit, meeting a high-stakes challenge to national pride a month after ...

Vein grown from stem cells successfully implanted into 10-year-old girl in Sweden
DOCTORS in Sweden successfully replaced a potentially-fatal blocked vein in a 10-year-old girl with one grown from her own stem cells, according ...

Military rocket successfully launched in US
A United Launch Alliance Delta 4 rocket has successfully lifted off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.

NASA's Orion successfully completes historic test flight
A NASA spacecraft designed to one day fly astronauts to Mars has made a near-bullseye splashdown in the Pacific Ocean, wrapping up a flawless, ...