.NET 1.1 to 2.0 "remember me" checkbox no longer works

I have a site I recently updated to ASP.NET 2.0 from 1.1 and everything works fine (with minimal fiddling) except the remember me check box on the log in page.  I use custom forms authentication.  Web.config defines the timeout as 60 minutes:
<forms name="NIDB1AuthCookie" protection="All" timeout="1" loginUrl="Login.aspx" cookieless="UseCookies" />

And in the login.aspx.cs file I have it check the checkbox to see if its checked and then manually set the cookie to expire in 30 days.

if (cbRememberMe.Checked)
{
//Set cookie to expire in 30 days if user checks the remember me check box. HttpCookie cookie = Response.Cookies[FormsAuthentication.FormsCookieName]; cookie.Expires = DateTime.Now + new TimeSpan(30, 0, 0, 0, 0);
}
but this no long works at all and will always timeout according to what is set in web.config.  Any idea what might have changed to cause this not to work anymore?
0
eggsovereasy

Basically, I think session cookie and formsauthentication cookie is two different cookie in asp.net 2.0.
0
zhuhua1006
5/10/2006 5:17:49 AM

I'm not using any session cookies, just the auth cookie.

0
eggsovereasy

.Net 1.1 with .Net 2.0 virtual directory using AJAX "Sys undefined"
I'm having an issue running an AJAX app I built, I think I might know what the problem might be, but if so, I am not sure how to fix it. The main site is built with 1.1 and new application is 2.0.  I have the new application configured properly (as far as I can tell) in its own app pool, etc..  The app runs just fine (I have other 2.0 apps that run along side the main 1.1), but I am getting an error: "Sys undefined...."  I've checked to enusre the mappings for the .axd extension for this particular VD are pointing to the correct place as ...

Can anyone tell me the diff between .net framework versions "1.1.4322.573" and "1.1.4322.903"
Production environment is running 1.1.4322.573 Pre Production environments are running 1.1.4322.903 We are seeing some javascript errors that are only happening in our production environment. All of our pre production environments for testing, development and what not seem to be running fine. We get the generic client side error that says which line, which char number and the brief description. The actuall error states "Expected ';' " . Here is the line of code that it's complaining about. "theform = document._ctl6:Form1;" This is microsoft ge...

When using <identity impersonate="true"> in .NET 1.1, and 2.0 is there some differences?
When setting <identity impersonate="true"> in .NET 1.1, and 2.0, is there some differences that I should be aware of? Will identity impersonate act differently in .Net 1.1 vs .Net 2.0, both using IIS 6.0? Is there an article I can read that will explain this if its true? Thanks, xyz789          Try this: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998351.aspx specifically, the what's new in 2.0 section of that page: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998351.aspx#paght000023_whatsnew Rachel AppelMVP - ASPInside...

Retrograding httpHandler from .NET 2.0 to 1.1, get "Parser Error Message: Could not create type" message
Hi there,I have written a httpHandler using VS2005 and .NET 2.0 that builds and works fine.However, I am now having to convert it to .NET 1.1, which I hoped would just be a case of changing the runtime used by the web app (as in running the 1.1 version of aspnet_regiis, with a "-s" switch pointing at my web apps folder). After doing this though (and fixing a few minor differences with web.config), if I then navigate to my handler I get the following error message:Server Error in '/Path/To/MyWebApp' Application.Parser ErrorDescription: An error occurred during the parsing of...

"Error loading XML file :\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705"...does this mean v.1.1 code trying to run in a v.1.0 app?
I uploaded some new files into my existing third-party hosted site, including a .DLL into \BIN\, which is running AS.NET v.1.0. I got the following error message when browsing to one of the pages using the code in the namespace defined in the DLL: Error loading XML file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed. (c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config) ...

Code works with .Net 1.1 but not .Net 2.0
Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this code would work under .Net 1.1 and not .Net 2.0? I listed the error I receive below, also. Line 865. Thank you, Public Function GetAge(ByVal Birthdate As System.DateTime, _ Optional ByVal AsOf As System.DateTime = #1/1/1700#) _ As Integer Dim iMonths As Integer Dim iYears As Integer Dim dYears As Decimal Dim lDayOfBirth As Long Dim lAsOf As Long Dim iBirthMonth As Integer Dim iAsOFMonth As Integer If AsOf = "#1/1/1700#" ...

Method "UrlPathEncode" available in .NET 1.1 but VS.NET 2003 not seeing it
I'm trying to reference HttpUtility.UrlPathEncode(SomeStr) in my VB code but I get a build error saying "'UrlPathEncode' is not a member of 'System.Web.HttpUtility'."I've included "Imports System.Web.HttpUtility" at the codebehind page though it won't build. Appearently, when I use HttpUtility.UrlPathEncode(SomeStr) in a page with no codebehind page, it is interpreted fine. Is this because I am trying to build the code behind using VS.Net2003? Is there a way around this short of creating these pages with no code behind?King Hi Kelder, I think it should be ser...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

Web resources about - .NET 1.1 to 2.0 "remember me" checkbox no longer works - asp.net.security