Problem Getting Started - Unable to get your db version

In have run the 1317set.bat file and still get the following error:

Unable to get your db version please run version script against your db and restart your web application (go to update/scripts/ folder and run 1317set.bat).

Any help to get me started would be much appreciated.
www.creativenrg.co.uk | www.therivercard.com
0
Creativenrg
8/29/2003 8:49:02 AM
asp.net.rainbow-portal 623 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have you checked your connection string?  This is sometimes caused by a faulty db connection.
0
hermitw
8/29/2003 7:59:12 PM
I am new to Rainbow and get the same error when trying to run it for the first time.

Does not matter which of the following I comment out in web.config:
<!--
<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=localhost;database=Rainbow;uid=sa;pwd="/>
-->
<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=localhost;Trusted_Connection=true;database=Rainbow" />

0
throsturi
9/4/2003 4:52:30 PM
Try to set the server as your SQL server name not localhost and restart your SQL service again, make sure you've added the ASPNET as dbo..

I got the same error before and used the above solution to solve the problem, you might want to give it a try.
0
Art1220
9/4/2003 6:04:37 PM
worked with:

<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=(local);Trusted_Connection=true;database=Rainbow" />
Thank you for your help
0
throsturi
9/4/2003 8:11:01 PM
I've got a similar error but only on a new remote installation.

I've copied the application across to a rainbow directory (setup as an IIS application).
I've had an empty database created called rainbow by my ISP, and run the script 1.1.7.111
Webconfig has been updated accordingly but receive the error:
"Unable to get your db version please run version script against your db and restart your web application (go to update/scripts/ folder and run 1317set.bat)"

Does ASPNET as dbo need to be assigned to my database? - and do I have to ask my ISP to do this?
0
deburca
9/27/2003 10:09:11 AM
ASPNET does not have to be assigned to your database and, in anycase, is a bad idea on a shared host.

Often a bad connection string will give the error you mentioned. Double check that first is my advice.
What does you connection string look like?
It should be something like:
<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=sql5.crystaltech.com;database=saincdb;uid=youruserid;pwd=yourpassword"/>
0
hermitw
10/2/2003 5:08:45 AM
I have overcome this problem now on my local host I think by reinstalling MSDE and in my connection string using the sa username and password.
www.creativenrg.co.uk | www.therivercard.com
0
Creativenrg
10/2/2003 8:23:54 AM
If you are running MSDE then your connectoin string won't work with localhost.  SQL Server runs as localhost.  MSDE runs as a named instance, by default it is NetSDK.

<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=(local)\NetSDK;Trusted_Connection=true;database=Rainbow" />

As someone mentioned, on your ISP you will need to change this. best to keep one web.config for each install. On your isp it will be something like

<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=122.222.111.74;uid=username;pwd=password;database=Rainbow" />

Cheers
Chris Farrell
0
farleythegeek

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

How to get the ASA version and the DB version ?
Hi all, I'm using Power-Builder and I want to display in my app some information about: the DB engine -> version number, standalone or serveur/client etc... the DB itselft -> version number (my ASA9 engine can connect ASA5 or ASA9 DB), size etc... How to do that... maybe by a SELECT command ??? Thanks. Lilian. SELECT @@VERSION FROM DUMMY; This will return the version number of the server/engine you are connected to. "Lilian Pigallio" <lpigallio@nospam.com> wrote in message news:434403f9@forums-1-dub... > Hi all, > >...

Get message that mozilla has to close. Get booted out of web site. Get message from Mozilla to report problem. Problem reporting will not work. Eventually I delete the report message.
Name: Linnea Hagberg Email: lhagbergatsmithcovedotcom Product: Mozilla Suite Summary: Get message that mozilla has to close. Get booted out of web site. Get message from Mozilla to report problem. Problem reporting will not work. Eventually I delete the report message. Comments: See above. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7 ...

trying to get started and i am getting this error
when i go to http://www.porkchopsplayground.com, i get: DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Could not find file 'd:\hosting\nmoran26\Providers\DataProviders\AccessDataProvider\DotNetNuke.mdb'. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Nicole Do you have a username and password set on your database? Make sure you follow the steps mentionned in the Readme.txt located in the documentation folder. In any case make sure your credentials for yo...

Problems Getting Started
I have been trying to get the Control Adapters going for the last day. I don't have a clue what's going. My CSS menu is called 'fireMenu'. It is in a themes folder. It is attached to the webpage. My CSSSelectorClass is set to "fireMenu" Here's the code on the source page Here's the link in the header: The webpage does not seem to communicating with the CSS page; none of the changes I've made show up on the menu. What is showing is a vertical menu with a grey background with no separation...

Problems Getting Started

Getting started problem.
I will try to be brief here is my web page layout. It is a pre existing page I updated it Atlas TreeView  |  Buttons  Select All   Deselect  Download                  |  Data Grid fils based on selections from Treview. Goal: to stop the flash that occurs to the treeview and the buttons when the DataGrid is updated. The tree view is already limited to not call the server until its time to load the DataGrid and that works great. No repainting the entire...

Problems getting started...
Just installed May CTP on W2K3, and am trying to get the ASP.NET Pro Web Parts sample to work (Stephan Walther - MSDN October 2003 - Meet the Web Part Framework)... So how do I use the Web Parts sample aspx and ascx files with VS2005? There doesn't seem to be an ASP.NET project type in the VS templates, so I tried "new web site". But when I create an empty new web site (containing only a default.aspx) and build it, it doesn't create the virtual directory under IIS. And if I then manually create the virtual directory, IE can't display the default.aspx (gets 404 error). But I can...

Problem getting started
This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format. --------------ms010607060502000306080601 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm trying to get started playing with hacking mozilla et al, but it seems I'm missing something fundamental. I started with something basic and what should be easy: adding a radio button to thunderbird's settings in preparation for implementing encryption "when possible". First, content/messenger/am-smime.xul: <radiogroup id="encryptionChoices"> <rad...

Problems getting started...
Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting started with asp.net I'm new to asp.net but have some old asp experience. I've got a webserver running Win2k server with IIS. I'm trying to learn asp.net so I decided to take the webmatrix tutorial. I installed MSDE and the .net framework onto my server as illistrated in the tutorial, built the sample database from section 2, and then the sample DataGrid.aspx page from section 3. (I'm connecting to my web server from a development system running the webmatrix tool and sql server 2000 [for enterprise manager], and using a mapped drive t...

Had some problems getting it to start
Name: Pontus Ottosson Email: pundanatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 Summary: Had some problems getting it to start Comments: Had some problems getting Minefield to work. It crashed on startup, eventually used a program that searches for old system files (findold.exe) that found a non working Active-X file that I deleted. It now works, Microsoft-bug. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061214 Minefield/3.0a1 ...

Problems with getting started
Hi all, I am facing some problems when running the getting started tutorial. I followed each step from this tutorial until the chapter titled a Simple Database Application. In this chapter I configured a query object, a transaction object and test both succesfully. But when I tried to Run the program I get the following errors: The java console sends the message: --------------------------------------- starting ContacManagerAll Internal Debugger Error: StartDebugger() failed: java.net.NoRouteToHostException : Operation timed out: no further information And then PowerJ send...

Getting Start With .net

Problems getting started!
Hi,  I'm having some trouble getting started. Installed visual studio 2005 ex on my pc, installed ASP.NET Ajax extensions on my pc. Toolkit and everything previews in browser fine with full ajax functionality. Framesworks 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 all installed also. Everything apart from visual studio 2005 installed on new web server. Copy web site to server, no ajax page will work? "could not load file or assembly AjaxControlToolkit or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified" The file is in the bin folder!   Can anyone help? Thanks... Hi unkle, can you ...

problem in getting started
Name: H. Shamir Email: r_daatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: problem in getting started Comments: I have setup smtp.1and1.com as outgoing server, pop.1and1.com for incoming, and have an account with 1and1. However, attempting to send and receive e-mails using Mozilla is refused . What is wrong??? I followed instructions!! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; SpamBlockerUtility 4.8.4) ...

Web resources about - Problem Getting Started - Unable to get your db version - asp.net.rainbow-portal

Why we all have a problem with expensive drugs
We are all paying for the pharmaceutical industry's laws and arrangements that guarantee it profitability.

More to Slater & Gordon's problems than just the UK
As Slater &amp; Gordon comes under increasing pressure, questions are being asked when the company's problems actually began.

This one app could solve your most frustrating home Wi-Fi problems
So you've just set up your home Wi-Fi network but for some reason you're having trouble getting your PC to connect to the network. It could very ...

Merkel-Enhanced Migration Problem: Million Refugees Hit Europe, 80% Through Greece by Boat; Turkish Mafia ...
... made their way to Europe this year. Every country is complaining now, even Germany. So why isn't anything concrete being done? Why the Problem ...

Maps Minutes Hack #7: No signal, no problem. Navigate your holiday travels with Google Maps offline
Part of our series on how to save time this holiday season with Google Maps. This time of year, millions take a road trip home for the holidays ...

Chicago-Bound Southwest Flight Returns To Oakland With Landing Gear Problem
... flight headed to Chicago was forced to return to Oakland, California, and make an emergency landing on Wednesday, due to a landing gear problem. ...

Oakland Airport On Alert; Southwest Flight Encounters Problem
CBS Local Oakland Airport On Alert; Southwest Flight Encounters Problem CBS Local FORT LAUDERDALE, FL - SEPTEMBER 27: A Southwest airplane ...

Southwest flight reports gear problem, burns fuel before landing attempt
Crews at Oakland International Airport are standing by on "yellow alert" for return of Chicago-bound flight

Widespread access problems for EA
Electronic Arts experienced log in and connection issues for many of its titles on Thursday, the video game company said.