Firefox support

I have been experimenting around with Mozilla's Firefox browser, here are my questions:

1. has anyone else been looking into this, if so what have you found for compatibility
2. I have found that only 1 of the page layouts render correctly in Firefox, does anyone know why, or if this is being worked on?
Thanks again for your time and knowledge
asp.net.rainbow-portal 623 articles. 0 followers. Follow

1. has anyone else been looking into this, if so what have you found for compatibility

Some of the html editors don't work that well or at all in FF.
2. I have found that only 1 of the page layouts render correctly in Firefox, does anyone know why, or if this is being worked on?
They are just tables, and should work ok. The RainbowZen layouts work ok. In general, the forms are designed for IE -- they haven't adjusted anything for Mozilla broswers. The .net framework is not browser neutral, and certain attributes are not emitted for all broswers unless you use styles. Certain asp.net controls are converted to different types of html elements depending on browser.

0
tangle
1/18/2005 7:34:05 PM
I have a big problem with firefox, too.

the menu isn't displayed with firefox.
I'm using the verison 5 of the rainbow portal
i have made no changes to the web.config file besides the server settings. However there is no menu shown with firefox. IE shows it without any problems.
0
gr5gor
1/25/2005 5:43:08 PM
Thanks gr5gor for confirming my problems (and making me think that I am not crazy). I have tried the "out of the box" themes and page layouts and I am still experiencing issues with Firefox, anyone else out there seeing this issue?
Try to see this :

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=195416&highlight=asp+net
ASP.NET don't send the Styles for firefox. Can this be your problem ?
0
rmvenancio
1/26/2005 2:38:49 PM
thanks rmvenancio, I took a look into this and edited my web.config file, that did seem to do the trick, I do have 1 more question if anyone knows the answer:

It seems as though Zen doesn't support Firefox, when I browse the webpage it only shows me my last tab, and under that only 1 sub tab (even though there are more). I believe I have narrowed this down to the theme.xml file and the line that references:
<type>zen</type>.
I know in the Rainbow documentation it states that Zen isn't as compatible as the classic themes, my question is why might this be happening, is it becuase Zen is using IE7, or some other reason, also is there a work around for it? I personally really like the idea of using the zen theme, but if I can't make it work with Opera & Firefox then I may have to look at either another theme, or another cms.
RainbowZen is a nice set of classes. Use the zen layout and themes together, mixing modes may not work that well unless you go in and tweak them. Firefox is like its native home, it is best supported here since it relies on more advanced css. IMO the only serious issue with the zen css+div menu is a bug with IE and the IE7 javascript (sometimes crashed the broswer on dropdowns, they are working on it). Zen is not as compatible since older browsers don't use css properly. It should work ok on all the latest browser versions.

You can get pretty good help here:
More info on the bugs and status of IE7:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ie7/
Here is an example of Rainbow, using wilson master pages for themes (a completely different system), and also uses the zen menu and layouts:
http://rainbow.cyberplasm.com/
Here is another demo that uses the zen menu (modified) class for css+div menus:
http://fwpa.cyberplasm.com/
0
tangle

Rainbow Portal .NET Workspace
Now with the release of the new GotDotNet Workspace utilities, you can now check the GotDotNet Rainbow Portal .NET Workspace for the latest news, releases, updates, request new features, and submit bug reports. The Rainbow Portal .NET GotDotNet Community Workspace is located at: http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/Workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=461d0b65-eba7-468c-9478-7918259ab612 Membership is open to all who is interested in making their own mark in the Rainbow development process. Scoob Is this workspace sanctioned by the Deumetri people? Why is it needed? What is wrong with...

Removing .NET ClickOnce Support from Firefox
Microsoft is really making it hard not to distrust them, aren't they? We already talked about Mono and Moonlight this weekend, and now we're notified of something else. Apparently, the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, released earlier this year, installs a Firefox extension which could not be uninstalled easily (registry hacking was needed). To make matters worse, this extension came with a pretty big security hole (at least, that's what everyone says). A newer version of this extension has been pushed out in May, which can be uninstalled the proper way. ...

Does Rainbow Portal support Windows Mobile 5.0
I can't seem to find this answer yet and I'm new to Rainbow Portal. Does any one know if Rainbow Portal support the Windows Mobile 5 version of Internet Explorer? thanks luca Since most of the Rainbow community has moved to http://community.rainbowportal.net, you may wish to post there also.RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question...

DW.NET support for SQL Anywhere .NET provider
Hello, we are trying to get DW.NET (v. 2.5) working with Sybase SQL Anywhere .NET provider for database access. Does anybody know if that is possible, and if so, then how? The reason for this question is that we are evaluating DW.NET as a solution for document printing from our existing C# application which uses SQL Anywhere .NET provider. I would expect that these two products should work together, as they are both developed by Sybase and targeted for the same .NET platform. Linas ...

Why, when I click on Firefox it opens MSN portal (after updating Firefox)
Name: Chris Product: Firefox Summary: Why, when I click on Firefox it opens MSN portal (after updating Firefox) Comments: After updating Firefox, I haven't access to Firefox but to MSN portal (when I click on Firefox). IE has been also updated and I don't work with MSN network. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for th...

DW.NET 1.5 support for ADO.NET
Does the new version 1.5 support ADO.NET from Sybase? Only via OLE-DB. On 21 Dec 2004 05:34:43 -0800, "Germano" <gsilva3891@yahoo.com> wrote: >Does the new version 1.5 support ADO.NET from Sybase? > Will a future version support it? It does not make much sense to have support for Microsoft's ADO.NET and not Sybase's own ADO.NET "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message news:bdegs01trng2706pugk8kracqg7elq250r@4ax.com... > Only via OLE-DB. > > On 21 Dec 2004 05:34:43 -0800, "...

firefox support
Name: hen Product: Firefox Summary: firefox support Comments: firefox should support Firefox 2.x.x.x and 3.x.x - 5 years to 7 years should be good support Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

why not support firefox
Name: Email: michelwongatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: why not support firefox Comments: Dear Sirs I notice that many China website e.g. http://v.163.com/tvlist/borpage_81.html not support firefox but only IE. The box said : "您现在使用浏览器(如FireFox)无法正常观看,请使用 IE(Internet Explorer)浏览器打开此页面!". This is only 1 example, but there are many more cases like this from China sites. Another 1 is CCTV(http://vod.cctv.com/podcast/index), but after I ungrade to 3.5.3 recently, CCTV China pop-up a small box asking me to plugin, after that I can view it. Please improv...

.NET
Any books, websites etc on building in good Firefox compatibility to a VS 2003 application? This one from ASPToday is pretty in depth...Web Design Nottingham, UK This is the official web page of mozilla development for javascript. You can find here whatever you want about the document object model of Mozilla:http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/JavaScript Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". My Blog...

Firefox Not supported
Name: Chris Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Not supported Comments: Firefox not supported on NatWest online banking. Running Firefox version 3.1b3 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox support should be ...
-- i think -- Firefox support should last 5 years to 7 years for Firefox 2.x.x.x and 3.x.x ...

To Rainbow or not to Rainbow
Hi folks. I just started looking into .Net and Rainbow portal. I liked the over all structure and available modules. What I need to decide if to use Rainbow for one of our InterAnet implementation or not. Here are things that I think we need to modify and it would be nice if someone can tell me from their experience if it is worth it. - We need Announcement/Discussion module but we want to keep it to TOP n and provide a more link. Also provide a scroll bar instead of ever expanding Div/SPAN whatever it is using. - Event/Chat/Discussion will be updated frequently, and we want to refresh...

Firefox or not Firefox

Web resources about - Firefox support - asp.net.rainbow-portal

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox

Firefox Flicks : Winners

Firefox Beta Launches Social API With Facebook Messenger As Initial Partner
As originally announced earlier this month by Firefox parent Mozilla , the beta test of the Web browser’s Social API launched Monday with Facebook ...