Why I get old values from a textbox even if they are changed?

 Hi to all,

i'm developing a dnn component that updates some data stored on the db.

To do so, i've made a simple select query to fetch the old values, then the onload event popolates a form using a VB codebehind.

To update the user changed data, i've insert a update_button, that the user must click in order to run the update.

in the codebehind, i've made a function raised on the  update_button.click event but when the update function collects the changed data, it still collects the old values, even if they are changed... WHY?

could someone help me?please :)

Thanks to all,

/D

-1
gnasky

Have you put an "If Not Page.IsPostBack Then" statement around your onload code? Failure to do this would cause you to pick up the same values each time.

Hope this helps

Please mark posts as the answer if I was helpful. Thanks!

Visit my blog
0
ParrotBoy
2/11/2008 2:50:14 PM

 Yep! Big Smile Was That... i forgot that because... i'm novel in .net developing... Confused

Now works fine!

really really thanks!

1
gnasky

Web resources about - Why I get old values from a textbox even if they are changed? - asp.net.presentation-controls

The Day the Universe Changed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Day the Universe Changed (subtitled "A Personal View by James Burke") is a British documentary television series written and presented by ...

PMD News Facebook Group Changed to Closed
... that were previously available only to Preferred Marketing Developers were opened to the public in July , but one of them, PMD News , was changed ...

Facebook changed my name to my unknown birth name, not my current legal name... - Facebook-Hilfeforum ...
I provided Facebook with my original birth certificate and my name change certificate - instead they changed my name to my birth name which I ...

Search Twitter - "If I didn't try this my life wouldn't have changed."
Sign in Sign up Search Refresh CHUA Chee Wee @ chuacw 4h If you put " If I didn't try this my life wouldn't have changed ." into your Twitter ...

Changed the AWS instance size on the Trex server from small to large, and now it runs much better. ;-) ...
A bunch of people made suggestions after reading today's Changes piece. The one that made the big difference came from my longtime programming ...

Economics : How has introductory economics changed as it's been taught in American universities over ...
Answer (1 of 5): Introductory economics has not changed enormously over the years. In part this is because much of introductory economics is ...

Changed Priorities Ahead - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore joshinrhodeisland's photos on Flickr. joshinrhodeisland has uploaded 616 photos to Flickr.

IBM Centennial Film: 100 X 100 - A century of achievements that have changed the world - YouTube
The film features one hundred people, who each present the IBM achievement recorded in the year they were born. The film chronology flows from ...

PS: 'Changed man' Alec Baldwin coming to join stand against bullying
Hollywood star Alec Baldwin got a free ride with the Australian media this week – the actor enjoying gushing praise with news that he was ...