Why do I get a Cannot Get Web Application Service

I dont know what happen to my web site in IIS. but whenever I configure a data source I always get a "Cannot Get web application service" Please help. thanks!

I don't know .NET! Why I'm here???
0
adsmag

Hi, adsmag:

My solution was to save my work, shut VWD, reopen it, reload my work - and hey presto it workedBig Smile

Best Regards,
Sincerely,
Rex Lin
Microsoft Online Community Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with on warranties, and confers no rights.
0
rexlin
12/6/2006 2:25:58 AM
Yep! Got it! thanks!

I don't know .NET! Why I'm here???
0
adsmag

Trouble with SQL datasource control, "Cannot get web application service"
Hi, I am working with the time tracker starter kit and learning allot.  When I drag a SQL datasource control on to a web form and select the "Configure Data Source" smart tag.  I get an error.  The error reads "...while getting connection string information from configuration "Cannot get web application service."".  I tried pasting a connection string into the HTML but I still get the message.  When I drag a table on and the SQL Data source is created autoimatically it works, but when you try to look at the copnfig wizard the error occurs.  Could this be a perm...

cannot get web application service
G'day  Simple error I get every time I go and configure the datasource for a Gridview in vs2005.  My data connection is a Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient) to a sql2k on another machine using sql credentials.  I was able to drag a table to the webform.  It displays fine.  I go to add a detailsView and I receive the following error Following error occurred while getting connection string information from configuration. "Cannot get web application service" All help greatly appreciated I have the same problem to you!Very hurry! I have this exact error too. ...

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

Ajax Control that Gets Values from Web Service...
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but here it goes.....I have a page with three .ascx files. The first .ascx has a ajax cascading dropdown control that depending on the first selection a list of items are available on the second dropdown. Then depending on what you select on the second one the third dropdown selections are dynamically populated. Then you have a series of other questions that are asked, well when we click continue to go to the next .ascx control we are getting this error:  It is a messagebox that says Object reference not set to an instance of an o...

Get response from non .net web service
I need to send xml request to web service serveras a HTTP POST requestwith content type of text/xmlthen, i need to save the content of the response which is also text/xml into .xml filehow can i do it in asp.net?please help server URL:http://text.xml.aot.com.au/xml2/ request:<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><GetLocationsRequest>  <AgentID>DEMOBB</AgentID>  <Password>fatty2</Password>  <LocationType>T</LocationType>  <LocationCode>413</LocationCode></GetLocationsRequest>...

How to get a .net web service to return JSON not XML
I have a web service written in .net 1.1 using vb.net that I need to return JSON. How to I get it to return only the values contained in the xml below - without the XML?  Thanks in advance. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <string xmlns="http://tempuri.org/WebService/ws">{"result":[{"track":{"vid":"6303","kid":"30","dt":"2/13/2006 6:32:46 AM"}}]}</string>     check this page and you must be very happy! http://www.kawa.net/works/js/jkl/parsexml-e.html Let me ask you a question: how to append/combine two JSON objects (assuming their str...

Getting Error while Using WindowsControlLibrary in Web application in .Net 2005
Hi, I have created a WindowsControlLibrary in .Net 2005 and I am using it in a Web Application using <object> tag. I could load the coltrol and could run the web application perfectly for 3-4 times after that the control is not getting rendered in the web page. And also am getting a javascript error while trying to access any method in control Thanks Pattanaik....

Get a Variable from a Web Service / Reference Client Side Windows Application
I have a Personnel Roster Management Application that I developed in ASP.Net. I would like to use a Windows Application (Personnel.exe) written in C# Visual Studios .Net as the user interface for editing and updating the personnel data as it is much nicer than the web version. The unique Identifier in the Personnel Table is “sernum” (Serial Number). When the user views a personnel record in the web application and clicks on the Update link on the web page – the Personnel.exe program would open with the correct employee information being displayed. If I store the Personnel.exe application on ...

Get client IP address [Not Host] in C# .NET web services
I create one web service using c# .net and in this web service I want to get an IP address for client. I check thousend of article but that is not working, let me give you one example System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.UserHostAddress; System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"]; This is gives me IP but that my server ip where I put my web service but I want to get my client IP address. Can someone help me with this.http://www.codegroups.com/blog/ You can try: string ip; ip=Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"); i...

How do I control a service from a web page or web application
I have developed some projects in C# but currently am faced with a posing problem. I have a windows service developed in C++ and I need to be able to control that service from a web interface (i.e. the user clicks on a button to stop or run the service). I currently have a control panel developed in C++ but would like to migrate the entire control panel to a web based solution. Any ideas? Can ASP.NET do this? Where do I go to begin learning about how to do it? Thanks for your help. two issues that I see: 1. re-using your C++ code -- can you port to a C++.NET assembly to make the c...

How do I get my web application running on web server ?
In VB.Net 2003 std I have made ASP.NET web application that runs fine on my home pc when debugging. Then I click "Build web application1" but what are the next/ right steps to get this application running on web server? Then I copied all files to server and made a script(short script with jawa in index.html -file)  that starts WebForm1.aspx, but I get error on web page:<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication1.WebForm1"%>I am a beginner with ASP:NET and internet.      Looks like your server is set t...

Web resources about - Why do I get a Cannot Get Web Application Service - asp.net.presentation-controls

Pre-Christmas job application rush hits Australian public service
Speed required for pre-Christmas job window opening for public servants. Check out who is hiring.

New application delivers predictive personalization for Oracle users
... their customers so they can accurately target their efforts. Machine intelligence-based marketing platform Boomtrain is launching a new application ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 34% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 1.1 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

Pre-K Applications Begin Jan 25, a Month Earlier Than Last Year, City Says
The DOE has moved the process up to Jan. 25 on the heels of a similar schedule shift for kindergarten. MANHATTAN — The application period for ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...